Colt's wolves or at least most of them seem to have purposes with skills/abilities. What could the abilities and skills of the others be?

• Prime - Big ass Alpha with a human heart. The Grill Master?
  • Brian - Speed and brain
  • CE - His heart, stamina and ferocity
  • Sam - Muscles? He is bigger than CE and Prime which is saying something.
  • Isaac - Sense Danger
  • Leo - Medical Knowledge that saved Colt's life and figured out the scent/roids relationship.
  • Al - Nose to detect most of the queens to be eliminated
  • Warren - Adorable? Good a baking?

Those not currently in the IC but might be eventually
  • Bradley - ???
  • Jett - ???

Warren's "super power" has already been hinted at ... it's very subtle ...

JAR

I think he's our feelgood teddy bear, just putting people and wolves at ease.

If Warren is the feelgood teddy bear putting people at ease then he needs to be sleeping with Isaac and CE. Those two are NOT at ease!

And glad to see more Bradley already! It feels like forever since we've seen Rob, Bradley, Jett and Alistair due to these flashbacks.

Warren and Brian also have a somewhat similar superpower. With Brian every woman/girl wants to bed him. With Warren they all want to be his little sister, best friend, big sister, mother or grandmother.

Edited by PkCrichton

So it's been long enough... Prophecies 7 thoughts sooooo SPOILERS

Well Isaac finally sees a hint at the depth of his problems. It is really good to see Isaac come to the realization that he needs assistance. That it isn't something he can just get over or deal with completely on his own. The way things have escelated over time is really how things go down. Things can seem to be fine and creep up little by little. It really doesn't help that Isaac's special nature is to sense danger as some cases are built around the fact they have been around such high stress environments that they had to be alert so often unable to relax. Add to that the fact that Isaac was already an Enforcer who by their nature only ever mostly go into a Light Sleep State and only rarley into a Deep Sleep makes for a major recipe for disaster.

We also learned more about what we have suspected about Isaac for a long time and was pulled to the forfront by Prompt Stud since we hadn't had to think about Isaac's strange ability to sense danger in quite some time. Now we know of multiple times he has had it.

• The Tuesday his parents died.
  • The Night of the attack on his unit during his final deployment.
  • When driving Colt to work when he was shot at.
  • At ShadowLands he felt the ever increasing feeling of danger coming.

As much as I loved seeing the threesome I can't help but have it in the back of my mind as it is going on that this is during ShadowLands when Prime is shadowed by MaryAnn. It taints it a little bit but its also a time that I could see her exerting the least control and attention on Prime as she really doesn't want to experience 'that'. Then there is the fact that Colt ends up 'fucking' MaryAnn in a way that is kinda funny.

Prime finally is waking up to the needs of his pack. We saw the first inkling of it after Sam's report about Colt's Colt. And now he is coming around more. Yes it is only to the duties of helping the IC for the moment and he isn't showing any of the deep thought that he was showing during Battles and Deaths that had Colt questioning how much they needed a Meta anymore.

So Brian has been spending some time in Colt's room to both comfort himself, find strength to do what he needs to for the pack and to keep sane. It's to bad at least that night after Isaac's episode the room lost it's 'power' for Brian. He's even trying to drink Colt's favorite tea even though it doesn't fit his own tastes. And just what was Brian's brain trying to tell him at the end about things not being what they appear to be? Could that be tied to Colt's 'death'? Isaac never had a feeling of danger that night during of the run.

Did Isaac really sense danger? It wouldn't surprise me after Sam was both ganged up on, had a silver bullet firing gun pulled on him and our knowledge of Prompt Bait happening over this same time period. We still don't know what Jeffery Montgomery III went to Europe to do back in Deaths. Could that be tied into this and even Alistair?

A bit of a fitting song

Edited by PkCrichton

If Warren is the feelgood teddy bear putting people at ease then he needs to be sleeping with Isaac and CE. Those two are NOT at ease!

And glad to see more Bradley already! It feels like forever since we've seen Rob, Bradley, Jett and Alistair due to these flashbacks.

Warren and Brian also have a somewhat similar superpower. With Brian every woman/girl wants to bed him. With Warren they all want to be his little sister, best friend, big sister, mother or grandmother.

Don't diss the flashbacks! I need those flashbacks! I need them baaaaad... 

No one is at ease and not Warren either, so his calming abilities are probably impeded... 

As a woman, I have to say those are not similar feelings at all. No sir. 

Don't diss the flashbacks! I need those flashbacks! I need them baaaaad... 

No one is at ease and not Warren either, so his calming abilities are probably impeded... 

As a woman, I have to say those are not similar feelings at all. No sir. 

I wasn't dissing the flashbacks. I quite enjoy them as we get to see more depth to the story, relationships and more major events than we had been able to see yet.

True Warren's calming nature for others could be impeaded by his own mental state but it could be worth a shot!

Yes yes I know that the Warren/Brian draw for the female gender are two very different things but its funny that one gets the Sex Draw and the other the Friend Draw.

Oh there will be more flashbacks ... but first we see Jett and Bradley in action ;-)

I think given Warrens physical change and profession he wouldn't have a problem nowadays to attract the ladies ... if he wanted to attract them ...

And what kind of action is that, pray tell..? 

I think even a slightly chubby Warren would attract women. Maybe their inital reaction wouldn't be to tear his clothes off (even if there are some of us who like bears...), but he strikes me as the kind of guy you suddenly look at and go "How have I not noticed what an awesomw guy this is?". Like I said, apple pie is very effective...

• Like 1

Oh there will be more flashbacks ... but first we see Jett and Bradley in action ;-)

I think given Warrens physical change and profession he wouldn't have a problem nowadays to attract the ladies ... if he wanted to attract them ...

Jett and Bradley in action... Now what could that entail? We know Bradley plays baseball but could it be something else? Running in wolf form maybe?

Glad to know there are more flashbacks to come. With a book like this one it helps to break up the sad aspects of the story with earlier happier times.

Warren really could attract them now if he wanted to. Luckily he doesn't so he still gets the brother/son/friend draw instead. I'm very curious to see how he and the others take scenting and seeing Alistair.

Jett's initial reaction really brings into question what was going on with Colt's scent prior to him catching Prime's scent himself. We know that Colt had a scent that was picked up by Al, CE, Brian and Prime before Colt picked up Prime's scent which seems to have been the first one he was able to smell and then he could catch CE, Brian, etc.. We know that Al was drawn to Colt after their encounter and kept going back but there was no quid pro quo so to speak. Colt didn't smell Al, CE or Brian until after he smelled Prime. So does Alistair smell Jett's scent? From his reactions I'd think not since he was more drawn to Rob. What would/will change if Prime ever gets close to Alistair?

Unless they arrest me in Sweden for tax issues (the only crime they are not soft on ;-)) I shall post Friday evening  a prompt (written another one) and Saturday ch8 - predictable as the Swiss train system.

• Like 2

Unless they arrest me in Sweden for tax issues (the only crime they are not soft on ;-)) I shall post Friday evening  a prompt (written another one) and Saturday ch8 - predictable as the Swiss train system.

Well well look who utilizes that Meta Concept of Time to drive his story home on a frequent basis.

Given Colt didn't get time with the blond jock in "Time" he made an effort to make everyone look stupid with his 'meta topic.'

But since then he has gotten a Blond Jock, Blond Marine and Blond Officer... Many many times over.... not to mention the others....

Edited by PkCrichton

Given Colt didn't get time with the blond jock in "Time" he made an effort to make everyone look stupid with his 'meta topic.'

Could the blond jock Dylan in Time be the same jock who was getting tattoed in Iota?

Good question. Or could it be someone else mentioned before???

Ah making me want to go back into my master Metapedia file where I keep a list of most people who have appeared in Meta. After all we have had some pop up again and again like Alexandra/Xander/Alex, Galina/Latti/Balt/Nicola/Spring, Adam, Al, Carl, Sam Sr