Heard this in the gym yesterday. It almost gad me crying right there. A song of losing your love and thinking you are coping but in reality you're not...

Could be any of the wolves, but the detached feeling made me think of Isaac. It's in Swedish, but if anyone is interested I could do a translation. Otherwise, enjoy the strange sounds of my native language!

Edited by Puppilull

Before I delve into Time and Prophecies....

How about that Bradley finally showing up in a manner that isn't in a Prompt or in a Betsy scene! But he poses a bit of a question... Does he like using different names or something? When we first saw him meeting with Betsy he was Bradley Conner and now he is Bradley Nollen. Could he has been hiding his true identity when meeting with Betsy? Could he be using something like the last name of a different parent to go to school under so not to be associated with the history/choices of a parent? Or could someone have just goofed... :rofl:;):2thumbs:

Well, would you give your real name when you go to a Shaman telling him/her you can't get 'it up?' ;-)

• Like 1

Ok, finally reviewed the new chapter.  

As I said in my review, I'm having issues with Allistair as the new Meta.  My big issue is Jett's infatuation with him and being able to scent they guy.  Jett isn't pure.  Isn't that a requirement with a Meta??  I just can't see Jett coming in to the present inner circle with Allistair as Meta.  So if Allistair is the Meta.. does the original inner circle walk away and we have an IC 2.0?  I guess we'll know when Isaac gets there and scents him.  

I just have a funny feeling the vamps have something to do with Allistair and his enticing scent.  

• Like 1

Well, I was very anti-Alistair before reading the chapter, but apart from the usual healthy "trust no one" attitude I couldn't find anything wrong with him. Although, it is suspicious that he is part of Alpha3. Maybe he's a special breed? 

About the purity. After the battle, it doesn't appear necessary anymore. No need to supercharge the IC for any ultimate battle. At least not yet. So perhaps there will be a shift with a new set and the old can focus on saving Colt from the dead... 

• Like 2

So Prophecies 5... enough of my mulling it overe... here are a number of thoughts on things.

We get another flashback to the early days of the pack and how Brian struggles with suddenly being a beta to Prime and CE while both are older, more experienced etc.. It is really something to see how he changes from back in those early unsure days to what he has become throughout the course of Meta to Prophecies. He's really matured, found his center, his voice, his power so to speak. His ability to defy and correct the lost and primal Prime is something else. He really verbally bitch slaps/gut punches Prime and CE in that encounter which at least manages for the time being to wake them up from their mental issues/grief/reversion. I wonder just what Prime will do to punish him we have only ever seen him doing brutal punishments so far.

Rob and Bradley are already friends from the baseball team. That is interesting guess we'll be seeing more of Rob for at least the next book or so since Rob and Bradley also become friends of Colt in MW7 when he is back at the university. Rob sure did initially come off as a stereotype but low and behold he has at least some brains in there coupled with some morals since he and Bradley stuck up for Jett at the end of class. It is interesting how Jett was getting jealous of the non-wolf human because of Alistair's eyeing of him. Just who was Rob throwing the football to in the first place? The interactions of Rob, Bradley and Jett could be very interesting to see as this book progresses and then how things change when Colt is introduced to the mix in MW7.

Bradley does seem to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. He was barely noticeable in the chapter but seems be one for trying to keep others in line even if initially unsuccessful. I have a feeling that Bradley had a bit to do with Rob's coming forward in the end. I wonder what prompted Bradley to already confide in Rob over his personally preferences. Sure there are some people that just come out and say it, others walk around with stickers, patches and shirts but Bradley doesn't feel like someone who just 'wears it' like Hank. He feels more like the rest of the IC in that it's his business if he wants you to know you know.

Poor Jett first his mother goes all stereotype in that hanging with the IC will turn him gay and now he smells a human that sends his wolf insane. Others have said that it really is to bad that Al isn't around and Jett never knew Al in the first place to get the 'straight guy suddenly pulled to a guy' side of things. Maybe Colt will be able to help him with that when he finally gets out of his prison but that is going to be I expect months from now which would/could already be to late. I wonder if he will have the balls to talk with Sam about this once he gets back to the house although I think Isaac may be there by then as well.

Alistair, 'Sir Alistair' as Rob and Bradley dubbed him or Alistair Sutherland, for some reason rubs me a bit wrong. He appears to be of an 'upper class' or 'aristocratic birth'. He is definitely smart to at least some degree but this is an Advanced Algebra aka Calculus I class so it's going to be focusing on Limits and Derivatives still for a problem lectured about on the first day of such a class to be able to answer questions isn't a major feat as opposed to the first day of McErickson's business class which is a different animal all together. I also have this nagging feeling that somehow Alistair is connected to Jeffrey Montgomery III (he did leave for Europe in Deaths), if not for the scent I'd even think maybe they were the same person but that doesn't feel right given Jeffery is pure vampire.  

There is also the fact that Alistair is somehow part of Alpha^3 and that Bradley and Rob are prospects for it. We haven't ever seen anything good associated with that frat but just maybe there is more to it than any of us think. After Meta and Origins I had them written off as a Vamp controlled Frat that used it to get their food and find powerful people to nurture, control and place around the country/world.

On the issue of scents the vamps know how to break a wolf's nose to disable scents. So they might also know how to manufacture scents that they could tailor to trigger a specific wolf. If that is the case then HOW could they have tailored it to Jett and presumably the rest of the IC? We know and now Prime/CE/Brian/Sam know that there are moles/spies in the pack for the vampires so they could be obtaining things for them. On top of that there was a year long period where Prime was shadowed so he could have gotten things on Prime, CE, Brian, Sam and Isaac for them to work with. But Jett and Warren would have required others to be involved. Yes Jett was seduced by Balt/Galina/Latti and he had control of the Doctor, but he seemed to be more to his own drummer than working with the others providing samples.

There is also the question about purity for any new Meta, new potential IC members and the existing IC members. There is a major conundrum here because NONE of the IC members are ‘pure’ by the definition used for each wolf to join the IC with Colt as the Meta. The different IC members have all been fracked up their arses. The existing IC members fit the ‘continued’ purity rules as we understood them to be once a wolf is a member of the IC. So if a new Meta comes in would they even quality under the original join a Meta’s IC rules? What does this also mean for potential IC members? Our IC is 2 to 3 wolves short depending on the preference of said Meta. You will remember during Deaths suddenly the cages weren’t needed to help them maintain their purity as their wolves could do it now. Are the purity rules different for adding a new Meta? Are the purity rules changing now that more of the prophecies have come to pass? Could the purity rules have never been what we thought they were?

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

Rob sure did initially come off as a stereotype but lo and behold he has at least some brains in there coupled with some morals since he and Bradley stuck up for Jett at the end of class.

I have a feeling that Bradley had a bit to do with Rob's coming forward in the end. I wonder what prompted Bradley to already confide in Rob over his personally preferences.

Rob certainly have brains and also morals enough of his own to come to Jett's aid when he realizes the professor intends to blame him for real. And Rob is brash enough to ask Bradley whether he prefers girls or guys, if there is even the slightest doubt. Such as Brad not drooling after hot females walking past. :lol:

So Prophecies 5... enough of my mulling it overe... here are a number of thoughts on things.

Could the purity rules have never been what we thought they were?

Ohoh. All the chastity for nothing?

Hint: MW6 will tell you more ;-).

Ohoh. All the chastity for nothing?

Hint: MW6 will tell you more ;-).

And Meta is never ever a game of slight of hand is it? You don't dangle hey this is whats going on in one hand while the other is busy doing the real work.

Rob certainly have brains and also morals enough of his own to come to Jett's aid when he realizes the professor intends to blame him for real. And Rob is brash enough to ask Bradley whether he prefers girls or guys, if there is even the slightest doubt. Such as Brad not drooling after hot females walking past. :lol:

Given that Rob is initially one of your creations thats been 'lent' to Meta you would have a better understanding of him than I do since I've not read any stories with Rob in them outside of Meta. I'm glad Rob would have the character to stand up for his own actions even w/o Bradley proding him or smacking him upside the head. :2thumbs:

I just saw this and couldn't help but laugh...

clean-up-your-mess-or-else.png

Could this have been what CE and Brian learning to live together in the same room was like?

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 2

So I won't say anything else about this until its finished but a couple weeks ago I wrote a fanfic that was set in Meta Chapter 1 from the wolves' point of view. I stopped on it as I needed to figure more out and I was informed of flashbacks coming that could alter things in it... Low and behold some things do need altering... So we'll see how this works out and hopefully I fit it in well with all the new flashback information.

On the question of Alistair's scent. He does have two distinct scent pieces one is Cider and the other I believe was French Hills or at least at that time was interpreted as such.

When it comes to the Names.

• Alistair is a form of Alexander. Protector of Man. Alistair is the Gaelic version of the name with the Scottish Gaelic version being Alasdair.
  • Sutherland is a scottish regional name for South Land.

So Alistair Sutherland - Protector of the Men of the South Land perhaps...

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

When it comes to the Names.

• Alistair is a form of Alexander. Protector of Man. Alistair is the Gaelic version of the name with the Scottish Gaelic version being Alasdair.
  • Sutherland is a scottish regional name for South Land.

So Alistair Sutherland - Protector of the Men of the South Land perhaps...

To quote Freud: Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar.

To be fair this is only the second Alexander name we've had for a male... CE being the first with his middle name after his grandfather. All the others have been 'ssandra, Alexandra, Ale'ssandra,etc...

To quote Freud: Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar.

But this is Meta... There is no cigar.

To be fair this is only the second Alexander name we've had for a male... CE being the first with his middle name after his grandfather. All the others have been 'ssandra, Alexandra, Ale'ssandra,etc...

But this is Meta... There is no cigar.

If there is a cigar, we all know what it's used for...

Only the second Alexander... LOL Maybe he's a actually a woman? 

If there is a cigar, we all know what it's used for...

Only the second Alexander... LOL Maybe he's a actually a woman? 

I can assure you Alistair is a man ... which makes it a challenge for Jett ...