Colt definitely likes being the only one to fuck them, so he'll never relent on them being faithful or on being the only top. But he didn't get mad the time Isaac came from being fucked. So I think he'll be fine with his wolves having sexual release, as long as they only have it when he is involved. The real question is whether the Inner Circle could ever have sex with each other without Colt. I don't think so, but perhaps they could get a step further than what Prime and Isaac did with Colt. Like bringing each other off by hand or mouth while Colt fucked them. That would be hot, in my opinion. But perhaps not permissible as per (gay) pack rules (no matter what Colt may accept),

SPOILER ALERT!

If the purity/fedelity aspect was lifted I could see Colt letting the wolves get it on with him present. I'm not sure if he'd let them or if they'd want to bottom for one another. I doubt Prime would bottom for anyone but Colt. I'd like to think that Colt would say that the inner circle can freely muck about with one another with or without him present. The love some have would always keep Colt having plenty of fun I'm sure as would the addiction some have.

I really do think that so long as there isn't some secret reason preventing it this would happen and that Rules are just there to help 'force' the Meta bonded Wolf roids.

I have to say it is an interesting discussion looking at the aspects of this and trying to read deeper. I'm curious what JAR will think... but then... he is the evil/mean meta author...

I cannot tell you what I think (except that I'm highly amused what happened over night (European night that is)). The purity and scents aspect will become very big again in the next books ... so maybe we talk in a year from now?  0:)

A little Meta Christmas ornament!

gallery_22891_1489_154638.jpg

Not quite the style Mrs. Duta would choose for a discerning Colt ... but it's the thought that counts <giggling>.

Rereading this night's discussion I need to say:

Odd topic to choose …. Colt beats a bigot to pulp in a Texan bar … basically ‘rapes’ a new enforcer and comes on the power trip … but people talk about Prime’s leakage … i have odd readers

Odd topic to choose …. Colt beats a bigot to pulp in a Texan bar … basically ‘rapes’ a new enforcer and comes on the power trip … but people talk about Prime’s leakage … i have odd readers

But everyone commented about Colt's violence in the reviews, so that was priority one, as might be expected. After that we come here for the more complicated (and fun) matters of sex. :P

What's so odd about that?

Oh and we all know enforcers like it with pain, so of course we're not shocked about Colt taking Bradley in the alley. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

SPOILER ALERT!

I cannot tell you what I think (except that I'm highly amused what happened over night (European night that is)). The purity and scents aspect will become very big again in the next books ... so maybe we talk in a year from now?  0:)

Not quite the style Mrs. Duta would choose for a discerning Colt ... but it's the thought that counts <giggling>.

I'm curious to see how those two aspects play out... We know that the scent addiction has to have abated by the time Colt is captured in M6 otherwise he and the wolves are dead.

But everyone commented about Colt's violence in the reviews, so that was priority one, as might be expected. After that we come here for the more complicated (and fun) matters of sex. :P

What's so odd about that?

Oh and we all know enforcers like it with pain, so of course we're not shocked about Colt taking Bradley in the alley. :lol:

As Tim says everyone talked about Colt's violent reaction and going to far before getting into the Prime side of things.

Fine fine I'll go all Beta on you all again. Lets look at Colt some more..

His anger and eventually released violence shows us that by this point not only is he really well trained but he has the kinds of mental issues you would expect from someone who has been constantly put in high stress life and death situations constantly. At this point in time he has not only been percecuted/bullied by people in his life, he has been hunted, tried to be assassinated, tried to be and has been kidnapped and held prisoner for an undisclosed amount of time, he has seen war and lived through it, he has had people try to mentally manipulate him into thinking his life is a lie and I'm sure a few other things.

So is he a mentally solid person at this point? Probably about as much as ANYONE would be. He has PTSD to some degree, he's developed anger issues, he's sick of being percecuted.

• How do you deal with this?
    • Can he talk to anyone in the Pack about it?
      • Doubtful as while 3(Marines) of them have knowledge and probably some training on how to deal with PTSD and related issues Colt wouldn't want to put any of them in the position of worrying about him even more than they already do. Remember he always felt like being treated like a girl... This would add kid gloves to the equation.
    • Can he see a mental professional or even a priest to talk about things?
      • He tried this in College back when it was just being hunted/assassinated and it became very evident to him very quickly during the first session that not only can't he explain everything but they would think he was crazy very very fast.
    • So what else can be done?
      • Get an in the know human or wolf to talk to about issues?
      • Read up on the different issues he knows he has and see if he can work his way through them himself?
Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 2

His anger and eventually released violence shows us that by this point not only is he really well trained but he has the kinds of mental issues you would expect from someone who has been constantly put in high stress life and death situations constantly. At this point in time he has not only been percecuted/bullied by people in his life, he has been hunted, tried to be assassinated, tried to be and has been kidnapped and held prisoner for an undisclosed amount of time, he has seen war and lived through it, he has had people try to mentally manipulate him into thinking his life is a lie and I'm sure a few other things.

So is he a mentally solid person at this point? Probably about as much as ANYONE would be. He has PTSD to some degree, he's developed anger issues, he's sick of being percecuted.

Thanks. That insightful observation made my day ...

Do tell us when you've read Deaths6. We have shown good restraint in only talking about Pulp and related issues.

It's so sweet that you have all waited for little old me... I'm sitting down to read now, so go wild! It wouldn't be fair for you to miss our on some wild ranting, just because of me.

I don't think therapy is the way to go for Colt. That level of trust would be almost impossible to reach for a professional. I do however believe the pack sees right through him. Or at least have a pretty good idea about what he's going through. They have all been through various degrees of hell themselves. Brian has on more than one occasion shown he truly knows Colt. So while Colt might think he can keep his reactions to himself, the wolves know. It's not treating him like a kid. It's taking care of one of the most important person so in their lives.

I don't think therapy is the way to go for Colt. That level of trust would be almost impossible to reach for a professional. I do however believe the pack sees right through him. Or at least have a pretty good idea about what he's going through. They have all been through various degrees of hell themselves. Brian has on more than one occasion shown he truly knows Colt. So while Colt might think he can keep his reactions to himself, the wolves know. It's not treating him like a kid. It's taking care of one of the most important person so in their lives.

Given his luck the therapist would be on the Lord's payroll- wait they normally are anyway 

• Like 1

Given his luck the therapist would be on the Lord's payroll- wait they normally are anyway 

I don't think Colt would even let Brian try and analyse him if he survived the Battle. The three people that understand him the most I think are the three originals Prime, Brian and CE. Prime and CE aren't ones to talk over their feelings. Brian is the only one with a chance at talking to him but again Colt has issues relying on others for assistance and already has issues with being the fagile one in the pack that everyone looks after. He won't want to give them more than they already are able to see so he'll try to deal with it on his own with his digital copies of books so they don't know what he is reading.

Yes any therapist would most likely be on a vamp payroll sadly or forced into being on their side as we've seen with others lately.

I'm not going to touch Deaths6 issues till we get some more talk on this so pipe up all of you.

Oh I think @LitLover would love to share some wicked ideas on MD6. ;-)

I really can't see Colt talking to a therapist, wolf or otherwise, although I agree with PK, he is suffering from some sort of post traumatic stress.  I also can't see him talking to any of the wolves because he would not want to be considered weak, even if he is far from weak. 

About Deaths6:  I could be completely wrong here but I got the feeling that Galina was not what she appeared.  Could the hot Russian Queen be a Russian King?  She only showed her naked body to two people, the human (Colt's father) who wanted to screw her and the doctor she gave head to.  Why do that?  They were horrified, but not "oh my god it's a demon" horrified, more of a "Oh my god what is that dangling between 'her' legs" horrified.  

• Like 2

There are more ways to deal with trauma than talk about feelings. Them being there and working hard at convincing him he matters could go a long way. Colt may try and keep things to himself, but they are wolves. They sniff stuff like that out. They too now how sensitive this fragility issue is with Colt, so they won't say anything. Just be there for him. Even Bradley seemed to know how to get through to him.

And, yes, Galina is definitely a dude. Any woman I've seen look like that was actually a guy! ;)

There are more ways to deal with trauma than talk about feelings. Them being there and working hard at convincing him he matters could go a long way. Colt may try and keep things to himself, but they are wolves. They sniff stuff like that out. They too now how sensitive this fragility issue is with Colt, so they won't say anything. Just be there for him. Even Bradley seemed to know how to get through to him.

And, yes, Galina is definitely a dude. Any woman I've seen look like that was actually a guy! ;)

I think they can help by being there for him, but I hope he does find someone he can eventually open up to, although that chance is slim.  It's just not like him to talk about how he is feeling.  

So that's two votes for Galina is a guy lol,  Anyone else

I think he's talked a lot about his feelings over the first 4 books. More than any reputable introvert man would.

OK I'll give you that, but he does hate to appear weak and if he is having trouble processing everything that has happened to him, what would he say?  and to whom?  The wolves know on some level what he needs, and luckily (for the enforcer at any rate) they are more than happy to give him as much control over them as he wants, even to the point of being painful for them 

I never talk about feelings, but my hubby sort of solves the puzzle that is me anyway. I think the wolves can do the same.

And was that a killing spree or what! The chapter was so densely packed with clues and hints, I need to read it again! I got this weird feeling Colt was kidnapped as a baby and sent to live with his 'parents' by some vampire who also paid for it. Then when ge made his choice, Betsy could track him down again and started to pay money to him directly instead. What's with the 'mother' losing bank statements? Was she in on ut? Is that why Colt went to her funeral? Ir was it Betsy's funeral?

Sorry, my brain is apparently on speed today...

I was thinking the same thing.  The fact that he was thinking about birthdays though and how he never heard her be sorry for missing one kind of told me it wasn't Betsy's funeral.  

I also wonder if mommy dearest was getting money on the side?  The lost bank statements was fishy.

The lost bank statements are most likely the ones that Colt had locked up in his hidden box.

Galina could very well be a 'queen' in two senses of the word. But could it be even more? Could s/he be the vampire we saw in the Poland memory?

The funeral was for his 'foster/prostitute' mother you can tell by the descriptions he uses.