Sooo.... Pulp brings up some things for sure.. We know that we get a new enforcer at some point and we see Prime get off.

New Enforcer

• At least one Enforcer dies between the Battle and M8 prompting a new one to be found at some point.
  • How is the arm band affected by the death/replacement of wolves? Are you just able to 'reassign/replace' a band for the new member?

Purity

• Prime is able to get off - Have the purity rules changed?
    • Have the cages been removed?
    • Are they allowed release now or is it only through spontaneous release that its allowed?

Love vs Scent

• Prime is said to love Colt in the prompt. So the scent addiction should have abated at least on the 'original' pack members.
  • What happens once the addiction breaks and some of the wolves are found they don't 'love Colt'?
    • Do they leave the pack? Are the able to leave the pack?
      • If someone is able to and leaves the inner circle are they able to be replaced and is the leaving member still 'bound' by the rules and issues each of the wolves had before joining the pack? Do they still need their 'roids'?
    • If they stay with the pack but don't 'love Colt' are they still bound by the purity rules? Do they still need their 'roids'?

The Enforcers:  Is it possible that with the battle over that the scent addiction has waned and someone left of their own accord, leaving room for a new enforcer?  We know from "Pain" and "Tomb" that someone dies, but not necessarily an enforcer.  

Purity:  If the scent addiction is gone it doesn't necessarily negate the purity requirement if the wolves stay in the inner circle.  They won't need it for the "roids" but maybe to stay in Colt's inner circle  It's been mentioned before that inner circle wolves in all pack make some sort of sacrifice to be in an inner circle.  In most, that meant no mates and no children.  Maybe if its not needed for the 'roids, then Colt himself would be the one to relax the requirement for purity.  (I would think)

Well he sure does know how to keep our attention and draw out suspsense...

I'll hold off on more comments until people have time to read and digest.

Same... I have some very odd thoughts about Galina  I wonder if anyone else will agree?

Purity
  • Prime is able to get off - Have the purity rules changed?
    • Have the cages been removed?
    • Are they allowed release now or is it only through spontaneous release that its allowed?

Ok lets look at Purity again from the begining from what we are told.

• Why does the Purity rule exist?
    • Its for a Gay Pack/Inner Circle to show its submission to the Meta
  • We know the rules of the Meta Verse are not always what they seem.
    • So lets assume the Purity Rule isn't straight forward. So what does it Accomplish?
      • It makes it so the Inner Circle wolves are not able to have sex with anyone but their Meta.
      • Every time they have sex they are getting the Meta Roids.
      • Those two factors feed one another since with the Roids/Scent Addiction they want sex with their Meta.
    • So is it really necessary for the Purity Rule to exist once you know these pieces of information?
      • If there is no 'hidden reason' that forces the Purity rule then I would say no it doesn't need to exist once you know the underlying results that the rule accomplishes. So long as the wolves get their Roid kick they should be allowed to have some sex so long as they still show their Submission.
      • Once the Scent/Roid addiction is over I don't see any reason for the rule to exist again unless there is something else going on here.

Ok lets look at Purity again from the begining from what we are told.

• Why does the Purity rule exist?
    • Its for a Gay Pack/Inner Circle to show its submission to the Meta
  • We know the rules of the Meta Verse are not always what they seem.
    • So lets assume the Purity Rule isn't straight forward. So what does it Accomplish?
      • It makes it so the Inner Circle wolves are not able to have sex with anyone but their Meta.
      • Every time they have sex they are getting the Meta Roids.
      • Those two factors feed one another since with the Roids/Scent Addiction they want sex with their Meta.
    • So is it really necessary for the Purity Rule to exist once you know these pieces of information?
      • If there is no 'hidden reason' that forces the Purity rule then I would say no it doesn't need to exist once you know the underlying results that the rule accomplishes. So long as the wolves get their Roid kick they should be allowed to have some sex so long as they still show their Submission.
      • Once the Scent/Roid addiction is over I don't see any reason for the rule to exist again unless there is something else going on here.

Not unless the Purity requirement has become Colt's requirement.  Just like inner circle wolves from other packs are capable of having sex with people but can't have children or mates, unless they are permitted to by their alpha (ala Luke).  If the Meta says he demands purity than any man who wishes to stay in the inner circle would be made to submit to that by their wolves.  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

Not unless the Purity requirement has become Colt's requirement.  Just like inner circle wolves from other packs are capable of having sex with people but can't have children or mates, unless they are permitted to by their alpha (ala Luke).  If the Meta says he demands purity than any man who wishes to stay in the inner circle would be made to submit to that by their wolves.  

If there is no 'underlying rule' that means a wolf must be Pure then other than Colt saying I want the purity rule then it doesn't need to exist once you 'know about the roids' or are 'no longer effected by the roids'. Beyond those 3 things it becomes a symbolic rule. A wolf wouldn't need to be 'pure' to join the inner circle or stay in it beyond wanting to show submission. Purity would no longer be a disqualification for an incoming wolf.

If there is no 'underlying rule' that means a wolf must be Pure then other than Colt saying I want the purity rule then it doesn't need to exist once you 'know about the roids' or are 'no longer effected by the roids'. Beyond those 3 things it becomes a symbolic rule. A wolf wouldn't need to be 'pure' to join the inner circle or stay in it beyond wanting to show submission. Purity would no longer be a disqualification for an incoming wolf.

I agree.  It is likely just a show of submission after their destiny has been fulfilled... except it might be important to Colt.  Prior to the battle I think there was some intervention to make sure they remained pure and available for Colt. 

I wonder if in other packs if they could join if they already had children?  (eg Seb).  

I agree.  It is likely just a show of submission after their destiny has been fulfilled... except it might be important to Colt.  Prior to the battle I think there was some intervention to make sure they remained pure and available for Colt. 

I wonder if in other packs if they could join if they already had children?  (eg Seb).  

The real question isn't if they can join but would the roids work on any wolves not bonded to Colt? We know that there is some type of bond here. Prime can sence his pack members, Colt can use the arm band.

The real question isn't if they can join but would the roids work on any wolves not bonded to Colt? We know that there is some type of bond here. Prime can sence his pack members, Colt can use the arm band.

The roids were for the battle against the vampires.  That's happened/happening now.  Would the roids even be there anymore?  If they are I would assume Colt would only sleep with bonded wolves. That is part of the jealousy of the inner circle, and the connection they share.  

The roids were for the battle against the vampires.  That's happened/happening now.  Would the roids even be there anymore?  If they are I would assume Colt would only sleep with bonded wolves. That is part of the jealousy of the inner circle, and the connection they share.  

Ah but is the battle the be all end all? We know that at least 3 Queens survive the battle plus the Lord. This is only book 5 if this was the be all end all everything would be over and Colt wouldn't be important yet they still want to control or kill him.

• Like 1

I think you all need to go back and read chapter 6 of Meta. Purity and chastity was NEVER a Colt requirement. In fact he found it sort of sick.

“The meta led the pack with those long term perspectives in mind. His inner circle did not have offspring, of course. But they also didn’t mate and …,” he hesitated and didn’t start again, desperately looking for words.

Colt joked: “Are we going to wait until sunrise?”

“… they didn’t mate and their energy was completely focused on protecting the meta and the alpha and executing their orders.”

“‘Completely’?”

“Alpha, please!” Brian begged.

“Celibacy and chastity. They are pure.”

“Pure? Is that some kind of monk approach?”

“Pretty much,” Brian continued, “in regular packs not being allowed offspring is enough of submission to the alpha or meta; in gay pack it’s sexual release.”

It was quiet.

After thinking it through, Colt said quite determined: “I can’t do that to you guys.”

CE chipped in for the first time. “You already have.”

“Sorry?”

Brian continued. “What the chief enforcer means is that we’ve known all our lives that we’re different and none of us ever had …” He stopped again.

“… sex?” Colt was speechless. And Prime definitely had. With him.

“Kind of. None of us has made himself ejaculate during sex, has penetrated or been penetrated.” Brian’s voice was really small now, like a little boy who tried to explain why he destroyed a vase.

Colt: “Fucking hell.” Visions of Prime stopping him reaching for Prime’s cock jumped to his mind.

“And you want to do this for your whole life???”

“I … we have no choice.” This was the first time Prime chipped in. “Fate has decided it for us; our genetics don’t give us the freedom to choose; the Shaman has confirmed it.”

Now Colt had to get off the bed of truck. He looked at the three. Brian standing, Prime and CE still sitting on the car. “So sex but no release? Isn’t that torture? How do you expect me to do that? That is kinky. Inhuman. Simply twisted.”

Brian: “You’re right. You can bet we’ve tried. You saw I have no shortage of women … or men … approaching me. I tried to fuck a woman once …”

Prime growled, but Colt’s hand told him to cut it.

“Kissing went well. But I couldn’t get it up. I was 17. Full of teenager hormones, but I couldn’t get it up. Even went to a doctor who said everything is fine, I should just wait for the right mate.”

“Poor thing,” Colt said with sympathy.

“I ate her out so she wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“Gross,” CE stated spitting on the ground.

“Prime?”

“Same here. Every time I tried to fuck, nothing. Every time I want to wank, visions of hell and neutering hit me. Can’t do it. I thought I was crazy.”

“CE?”

“No clue what these guys are talking about. Never was into sex. That thing is just a distraction and liability in a fight.”

“Spoken like a true enforcer”, Brian commented softly.

“Colt. We’re much more determined by our genes and instincts than humans. Maybe our strongest instinct is to establish a hierarchy when forming a pack. And submission to the higher rank is simply part of that. It’s like with animals. They don’t change their instincts over millennia.”

“And I thought I’m on a fucked up trip.” Colt shouted. “This is a mega giga super double fucked up trip!” He shouted even louder. There even was a bit of an echo.

But they didn’t contradict him.

I think you all need to go back and read chapter 6 of Meta. Purity and chastity was NEVER a Colt requirement. In fact he found it sort of sick.

But then later on he found he kinda liked being the only cock in the pack. This was realized after they were bonded and he found that 'fucking 3 hot men on a regular basis' was altering his demeaner. I believe this was around the time he met Sam.

But yes it was something he was originally revolted by. We still don't know what his thoughts would be if it wasn't necessary.

Edited by PkCrichton

But then later on he found he kinda liked being the only cock in the pack. This was realized after they were bonded and he found that 'fucking 3 hot men on a regular basis' was altering his demeaner. I believe this was around the time he met Sam.

But yes it was something he was originally revolted by. We still don't know what his thoughts would be if it wasn't necessary.

Colt definitely likes being the only one to fuck them, so he'll never relent on them being faithful or on being the only top. But he didn't get mad the time Isaac came from being fucked. So I think he'll be fine with his wolves having sexual release, as long as they only have it when he is involved. The real question is whether the Inner Circle could ever have sex with each other without Colt. I don't think so, but perhaps they could get a step further than what Prime and Isaac did with Colt. Like bringing each other off by hand or mouth while Colt fucked them. That would be hot, in my opinion. But perhaps not permissible as per (gay) pack rules (no matter what Colt may accept),

Edited by Timothy M.

Colt definitely likes being the only one to fuck them, so he'll never relent on them being faithful or on being the only top. But he didn't get mad the time Isaac came from being fucked. So I think he'll be fine with his wolves having sexual release, as long as they only have it when he is involved. The real question is whether the Inner Circle could ever have sex with each other without Colt. I don't think so, but perhaps they could get a step further than what Prime and Isaac did with Colt. Like bringing each other off by hand or mouth while Colt fucked them. That would be hot, in my opinion. But perhaps not permissible as per (gay) pack rules (no matter what Colt may accept),

If the purity/fedelity aspect was lifted I could see Colt letting the wolves get it on with him present. I'm not sure if he'd let them or if they'd want to bottom for one another. I doubt Prime would bottom for anyone but Colt. I'd like to think that Colt would say that the inner circle can freely muck about with one another with or without him present. The love some have would always keep Colt having plenty of fun I'm sure as would the addiction some have.

I really do think that so long as there isn't some secret reason preventing it this would happen and that Rules are just there to help 'force' the Meta bonded Wolf roids.

I have to say it is an interesting discussion looking at the aspects of this and trying to read deeper. I'm curious what JAR will think... but then... he is the evil/mean meta author...

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 2

Since my Sunday schedule isn't conducive to my reading, I opt for silly.

Another number for the Meta musical. Prime and CE in a lovely duet searching so desperately for their Meta... To widen the search, they go international!

Since my Sunday schedule isn't conducive to my reading, I opt for silly.

Another number for the Meta musical. Prime and CE in a lovely duet searching so desperately for their Meta... To widen the search, they go international!

That Meta looks deceivingly female ;-).

Edited by JohnAR