Rush Job - Anthology - Beta And Editor

Hi All,

I've had some health issues that have slowed down and even stopped me from getting things done before now. Usually I try to have more time but not working out this time.

The Anthology is Road Trip. I have a piece on Charlie Wagner and Scott Reed. They are my characters from Accidents Happen. You don't have to be familiar with the original because this piece is made to stand alone. It does become richer if you know they original but it isn't a requirement.

From the beta I need a read to make sure it all makes sense. Do I have enough to keep it going. Does it make sense? Do I over do it or make it too short? Your reading my story to make sure it is good enough for others to do the same

From the editor it is the nitty gritty. Do I have all the commas, the correct spelling, and all the rest of the rough stuff that makes a story easier to read.

Titled - From Here to There

Sample

The bright sunlight sparkled on the waters of Hudson Bay below as Charlie Wagner stood drinking his coffee on the deck of the restaurant. The noise of the patrons as well as his own family dimmed as he felt two arms encircle him.

“So how is the sexiest guy in the place making out?” Scott Reeds asked huskily into Charlie’s ear.

Charlie turned and smiled at his boyfriend. He had learned to tease Scott and was getting pretty good at it. “I don’t know. I think the waiter is awfully cute. I mean he is big, strong, and all that nice hair.”

Scott’s deep blue eyes narrowed. “Don’t even think it,” he growled.

Charlie laughed and nearly spilt his coffee.

“Boys, I’m sure whatever is being said I shouldn’t be hearing,” Barbara Wagner announced as she walked over to them. “So now that Becca and Nita are safely married and on their honeymoon, are you boys coming home or what?”

Charlie laughed and shook his head. “No, Mom. Scott and I figured since we are already on the road we might as well enjoy it. Scott wants to surprise me with a few places but I’m hoping we can go to Boston, and take the ferry home later. We are both off for the week.”

“Yeah, Julie and Nick are watching the book store for me. They are enjoying the overtime.” Scott smiled and hugged Charlie. “Besides the last time we managed to slip away, it was to Atlantic City. I couldn’t get Charlie off the Pier.”

Well the story runs over 5,000 words. I use Microsoft Word. Need someone ASAP. Thank you.

I would love to beta read your story! I like your other stories a lot. I haven't read Accidents happen, but that might be a good thing. Then I can really see if it's a stand alone story.

Just how rush is the rush job?

No problem Russ. My health sort of put it to last minute and really had to have a few hours til turn around. I know you are always there for me. Thanks.

• Like 1