2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Aww...kermit The Frog Is Finally Free Of His Abusive Relationship

W_L

I hope it is not controversial to say that Kermit's old girlfriend was a gluttonous ego maniacal pig, because she was :o

I don't think anyone who had followed even one of the the Muppet movies could doubt that Kermit was in a bad relationship with a woman, who didn't treat him right. I think Fozzie tried to tell Kermit once to watch out for that girl, but like many good-matured guys, he just took it.

So glad, he got out of the relationship; hopefully, he finds a good girlfriend finally, or if he is inclined being a 40 year old southern frog, he might be open to other ideas down at the watering hole :D

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/01/entertainment/kermit-the-frog-new-woman-feat/index.html

Well, beyond the fictional story-line, I don't know about this new show coming out. Muppets are really campy; even campy for gay guys who like nostalgia. Adding adult humor to the show would ruin the nostalgia, like it did with the Looney Tunes reboot a few years ago. You can't rewrite history, but an old fashioned Muppet show would be boring as hell.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I grew up watching the original Muppet Show and absolutely loved it.  Nothing will ever compare to the original and Jim Henson's genius. 

• Like 2

• Site Moderator

I grew up watching the original Muppet Show and absolutely loved it.  Nothing will ever compare to the original and Jim Henson's genius. 

What Val said. It was the only show my brothers and I could agree about without arguments. 

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

A forty year relationship with Miss Piggy and you think she is happy to break up and pursue William Shatner? :unsure:

I think not.

It is all smoke and mirrors until Miss Piggy TELLS Kermit they are on again. :P

A forty year relationship with Miss Piggy and you think she is happy to break up and pursue William Shatner? :unsure:

I think not.

It is all smoke and mirrors until Miss Piggy TELLS Kermit they are on again. :P

if it's Misses Piggy, SHE told him that she likes Shatner MORE... and yes SHE'll be the one to tell poor Kermit they're back together...

He's such a wimp... :P

• Like 1

I loved that show and honestly feel Jim Henson was a genius. Since the split, amazingly, Kermit has a new pig in his life named Denise. Truthfully, I don't think it will last. I mean him and Ms. Piggy were together for over thirty years and even their split, see the first new Muppet movie of this decade, only lasted till Kermit asked Ms. Piggy back.

The original shows were campy, fun, and good for the family. I'm hoping the latest shows hold even the smallest portion of that.

I loved that show and honestly feel Jim Henson was a genius. Since the split, amazingly, Kermit has a new pig in his life named Denise. Truthfully, I don't think it will last. I mean him and Ms. Piggy were together for over thirty years and even their split, see the first new Muppet movie of this decade, only lasted till Kermit asked Ms. Piggy back.

The original shows were campy, fun, and good for the family. I'm hoping the latest shows hold even the smallest portion of that.

well their original Creator is dead, so like Gene Roddenberry... the thing tends to loose the authors original intent.

• 1 month later...