As annoying as some people might find him sometimes, Nelson is a good match for Milo, I think, because he is able to pull him out of his moods without being too intrusive, and remind him to think about himself and accept physical affection and warmth every once in a while. I especially thought the scene where he lent Milo his jacket was sweet. :wub:

I'll agree to that. Nelson does seem a little irratating, but he always gets Milo to talk and even loosen up. Whenever Milo's around crowds, we rarely hear him say anything or he's too busy glaring about hailey and Nels. I liked the party they went to, where all the teens from Stratford were not touching any of the alcohol. But it also made me wonder more and more about Milo's time at his old school. He seems soooo shy at first, but he does have a charm and a side that comes out, when he's with his old school friends. Oh and I wanna see Jerry/Hailey pair up. Best Chapter for me! I have a crush on MILO.. :wub:

and my mind went all sorts of other places. X.X

Hehehe, I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that as I was typing it. If we end up with a fifth roommate, then there will be three guys in one bedroom (seperate beds/dressers/desks of course) lol. I might be in that room haha.

I find myself feeling too sorry for Nelson to be mildly to moderately irritated by him. Milo's said some pretty horrible things, and his excuses always seem to be "you make me uncomfortable" or he does something relatively delicate or welcoming -- too little, too late. But I have to give Nelson credit for not abandoning Milo way back during their community service. Basically, Nelson is the reason that we even have a story, and if I were in his shoes I would have been crushed to the point of avoiding Milo altogether. I think we need to give him a little more credit. He's been extremely resilient, and when he used to get denied, insulted, or completley detested by Milo, he's hung in there. The kid's got spunk, and I like that. Even if it makes me cry a little. (Everytime Nelson says, "and that hurt" in response to something Milo says or does, I die a little on the inside). I'm really pulling for this guy.

That being said, Nelson can certainly be a pain in the ass, but when it comes to their relationship I feel much worse for him than I do Milo. We all have different ways of coping with hardships (homosexuality, parents, friends) but I'm not going to chalk Milo's painful words and actions as just his "personality." Some of the things he does I find inexcusable if left without an apology (and I feel like a simple "I'm sorry for..." isn't going to convince Nelson or the readers, even if he means it.)

I'm not expecting it, but I know if I were Nelson, I would expect a little more from Milo. Maybe that makes me pushy and irritating, but oh well.

Edited by carmichael

The could always spit roast the goat for the wedding party :funny:

I don't normally read unfinished stories, becuase I get impatient which isn't fair on the author - Dom's stories are so irrisistable I had to though.

This is as good as always - Nelson and Milo are such imperfect, realistic charaters, and I think are so good for each other.

At the moment I'm trying to work out whether Hailey will figure Nelson out, I reckon she could, but whether she will - don't know!

Edited by blacknight
Milo's painting, Nelson is bugging him. Twice. (you really shouldn't chatter at people when they're working. Especially not nagging them -- at the Cove, he's bitching about getting out of the cold, and at the house, he's hassling him about taking off his shirt and calling him boyfriend). When he makes the moves on Milo, he's abrupt and pushy. He doesn't tell Milo about Emily. He fails to get that Juanita is the closest Milo has to a mother (Dom's unavailable parents again). He's childish about the gazpacho. He's just callow and immature -- not a bad kind of jerk, just an awkward, stumbling sort of jerk who's just beginning to learn how to see things from other people's point of view.

I think what bothers me most about Nelson is that he seems to be...well almost like a gay version of Caleb. I mean I keep getting the impression that his main interest in Milo is definitely sexual. Sure he's put up with quite a bit of stuff from him, and he's been good to Milo, but would he have done this if there were a whole town full of other hot, available gay guys? Basically it seems like he's just taking what he can get because he doesn't have many options.

Aww, it was cute ^_^ I loved it.

Two quick notes though:

1) "I

but would he have done this if there were a whole town full of other hot, available gay guys? Basically it seems like he's just taking what he can get because he doesn't have many options.

I'm not so sure about that, if you remember all the way to the first few chapters and all the effort that nelson put in before he even began to suspect that milo was gay. and how he said he's been interested in milo since that first time he's deen him hanging out with jame.

Personally, I think this one is one of the sweetest of all. It warmed me hearing that Milo admitting that he is Nelson's boyfriend. Milo was less tense and worrisome in that chapter and took some more comfort being around Nelson, especially in his house. ^^

I hope it gets better. I just love the Milo character...so well made. :D

Don't pull all your Gazpacho crap with me! I won't be intimidated.

But seriously, why are we randomly talking about soup when we could be talking about the HOT SEX?

Gazpacho. Depends on the weather. Served hot when it's cold might be OK. I've had it only in hot weather...served cold...spicy...a refreshing way to start a meal on the patio.

Hot sex is good in any weather.

• Like 1
Gazpacho. Depends on the weather. Served hot when it's cold might be OK. I've had it only in hot weather...served cold...spicy...a refreshing way to start a meal on the patio.

Hot sex is good in any weather.

I don't think I've ever heard of hot Gazpacho!

Nor had I for that matter. In fact there was a whole episode of the British comedy/sci-fi series, Red Dwarf dedicated to what can happen when Gazpacho is served hot ;)

(if anyone's interested I believe the episode is entitled "Me 2" and is in the first (possibly 2nd) season)

I can't imagine Gazpacho hot - sounds like it would loose its crispness and just become a kind of spicy tomato soup - yuck!

Personally, I think this one is one of the sweetest of all. It warmed me hearing that Milo admitting that he is Nelson's boyfriend. Milo was less tense and worrisome in that chapter and took some more comfort being around Nelson, especially in his house. ^^

I hope it gets better. I just love the Milo character...so well made. :D

My first thought after Milo's announcement was, when will Milo admit that Nelson is his boyfriend? It almost seems that Milo isn't ready to acknowledge that he has feelings for Nelson - that Nelson is his boyfriend as well. But it looks like he's getting ready to accept that he and Nelson are in a relationship.

• 3 weeks later...
My one little criticism: gazpacho is served cold. That's okay, though.

Like revenge, according to the old Klingon proverb.

However, chilled gazpacho is not going to do much to warm you up from the cold.

it's one of the things I like about these stories: the kids are actually kids.

The goat has offspring?

Nor had I for that matter. In fact there was a whole episode of the British comedy/sci-fi series, Red Dwarf dedicated to what can happen when Gazpacho is served hot ;)

(if anyone's interested I believe the episode is entitled "Me 2" and is in the first (possibly 2nd) season)

From my DVD it looks like it is the last episode of the first season. I haven't seen it yet, but now I'll make a point to watch it soon.

• 2 months later...
It's too late, Dom's read the post, the seed is planted. It's for the betterment of society, the goat is clearly a menace.

On another note, Milo and Nelson should announce their engagement at the upcoming wedding, it'd be great.

Of course he does, just read through WT10 again, what a great story!

• Like 1