"You know what? Nelson really is a jerk. He's learning, but he's a jerk."

actually, I fail to see what part of the chapter you are refering to right now...

it looked to me like they working to a better undestanding of eachother and I haven't seen Nelson do anything that would make me label him as a "jerk"...

unless it's the wedding thing... then again, it has little to do with him that emily came to his house to check out the property, and he could have told Milo, but I can understand his reluctance very well.

very nice chapter! Milo and nelson seem to finally be getting somewhere in their relationship! then again, things can change for the worse so easely^^;;;

Very excellent chapter, Dom, as usual ... and it was a nice looooong one! :2thumbs:

There have been a few really sweet moments in this story, and Milo's saying at the end, "I am you boyfriend," now ranks up there as one of the sweetest. Two other notable items in this chapter: 1) we now know what's up with Juanita, and 2) the goat returns!

One very subtle thing I noticed is that Nelson admitted to having a good time at that Halloween party, and he didn't even have to get drunk. He also admitted that he would ennjoy a quiet, boring Saturday night alone with Milo rather than going out partying. Perhaps he's slowly, unconsciously learning something important? Milo Trust is already changing Nelson, just like Nelson is changing things about Milo.

As for Assface, I think he again showed himself to be a total ASSFACE in this chapter, and I think I've been vindicated in my beliefs due to the fact that Chad (who likes everyone, and who everyone likes) also dislikes Assface. I agree that Nelson should try to be nicer to Assface, for Milo's sake, and that Caleb can be a dick at points, too. But Assface is still Assface.

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
"You know what? Nelson really is a jerk. He's learning, but he's a jerk."

actually, I fail to see what part of the chapter you are refering to right now...

Milo's painting, Nelson is bugging him. Twice. (you really shouldn't chatter at people when they're working. Especially not nagging them -- at the Cove, he's bitching about getting out of the cold, and at the house, he's hassling him about taking off his shirt and calling him boyfriend). When he makes the moves on Milo, he's abrupt and pushy. He doesn't tell Milo about Emily. He fails to get that Juanita is the closest Milo has to a mother (Dom's unavailable parents again). He's childish about the gazpacho. He's just callow and immature -- not a bad kind of jerk, just an awkward, stumbling sort of jerk who's just beginning to learn how to see things from other people's point of view.

Milo's painting, Nelson is bugging him. Twice. (you really shouldn't chatter at people when they're working. Especially not nagging them -- at the Cove, he's bitching about getting out of the cold, and at the house, he's hassling him about taking off his shirt and calling him boyfriend). When he makes the moves on Milo, he's abrupt and pushy. He doesn't tell Milo about Emily. He fails to get that Juanita is the closest Milo has to a mother (Dom's unavailable parents again). He's childish about the gazpacho. He's just callow and immature -- not a bad kind of jerk, just an awkward, stumbling sort of jerk who's just beginning to learn how to see things from other people's point of view.

Actually, I thought Nelson's "boyfriend" thing was adorable. :wub: And the whole taking the shirt off thing. It was cute. I don't think Milo actually meant it when he was telling Nelson to be quiet. It's just Milo being Milo. Like when he glares at him, but doesn't mean it. Also, the reason why Nelson didn't tell Milo about Emily was because he didn't want to upset him. I could understand that, and I think it was a justifyable reason. As for the whole Juanita thing, it's Nelson being curious. I'd want to know about the strange Spanish woman living with my boyfriend. (Now, the gazpacho thing was cute...)

...Hrm, anyway! Lovely, lovely chapter Sir Dom, as always. It was sensual, sweet, and sexy. (The Three S's!) Beautiful! I love watching the characters grow and develop. ^_^

Another great chapter Dom. The whole boyfriend thing was realy cute andit seems Milo is starting to get it. Milo needs to just drop Assface, he is realy starting to piss everyone in the story off. Keep it up Dom great story so far.

NIFTER

:2thumbs: Wow, another fine chapter. I don't know what it is about this story, but I just can't get enough of it. This one to me, is the most addictive of Doms stories so far. I want and I want and I want..... No analyzing the characters for me just get them to me...Selfish I know....but ohhhhhh so goooooooooooood

Thanks again Dom...........Now Ch 11 please :worship:

So yay for this chapter. I was particularly excited during the bit with the pirate costumes... my birthday is Internation Talk Like A Pirate Day, and since finding that out, I've become a big fan of cheesy pirate imitations. And the sex was good, too...

My one little criticism: gazpacho is served cold. That's okay, though.

Andrew

• Site Moderator

I think eventually, Milo will have enough of Jame abusing Nelson. He'll let him know that he is a friend also and get used to the idea of seeing him around.

Really great chapter!

I found the way Nelson was acting to be mainly charming. I really liked him bugging Milo to take off his shirt! After all, hot guys really shouldn't wear shirts! :D

I'm betting that the thing with Jame (assface) will blow up soon enough, perhaps involving Caleb. I think I can guess how Caleb would react if he saw Jame trying to push Nelson around the way he was at Milo's locker.

The whole wedding-at-Nelson's idea sure took me by surprise, though it also raises some interesting possibilities! I sure liked Nelson's suggesting of turning the goat lose at the wedding. :D

Hmmmm... Here is my prediction as to how the story will end: Emily makes clear her intent to ship Milo off to military school, and fire Juanita. Then, at the Wedding, the Goat makes an appearance, wrecks the wedding, and Emily ends up leaving. Mr. Trust ends up marrying Juanita, and all is basically well. (plus the Goat gets a nice meal of wedding cake and wedding dress.). :lmao:

One thing is bugging me though: Nelson says (paraphrasing here) at one point that he didn't realize THEN that Milo didn't have the family support that he (Nelson) did. Did anyone besides me get the uneasy feeling that we were reading Nelson's future account of what went wrong?

My one little criticism: gazpacho is served cold. That's okay, though.

I didn't want to be the first culinary pedant to chime in with that. :D

Anyway... at least Nelson was only squeamish about the soup, rather than the... uh... other liquidy treat.

0:)

Edited by stonerboy

Let me chime in, if you please. I think the last chapter of this will take place at this wedding where everything will come to face. Milo's father will find them out. I also think that we will see the fall out between Nelson and his friends happen before this and they will come around during the wedding.

It would be so good to know what Milo thinks about everything but it makes it so much interesting to just see him develop as a character. Milo is one of the most interesting characters Dom has ever written. Imagine if this story was told from Milo's point of view? If it was, Nelson would be the most annoying person in the world at first until we get to know him with Milo but then this would be another TOU (not that this is bad mind you. We all Love Jude and Quinn and Tyler he's dreamy) but that is what makes it great. Trust is so totally a Dom Story that we can relate the characters to other characters he has written.

Nelson is definitely a bad boy in need of some redemption and Milo is the good boy in need of some corruption. I also think that the biggest problem here wont be Ass face (Jame) or even Caleb or even the goat, (insert drum roll here) it will be Hailey. When she finds out all hell will break loose and she wont take names. Oh read with fear people, as hell hath no fury as a female scorned by a guy guy.

So back to Dom worship for me. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

GREEN

I also think that the biggest problem here wont be Ass face (Jame) or even Caleb or even the goat, (insert drum roll here) it will be Hailey. When she finds out all hell will break loose and she wont take names. Oh read with fear people, as hell hath no fury as a female scorned by a guy guy.

I disagree, I don't think we'll see another Janie in Hailey. I think the real problem's going to be either Caleb or Joe. Hailey's going to get over it and hook up with Jame.

I also think that the biggest problem here wont be Ass face (Jame) or even Caleb or even the goat, (insert drum roll here) it will be Hailey. When she finds out all hell will break loose and she wont take names. Oh read with fear people, as hell hath no fury as a female scorned by a guy guy.

Hmmmm? I'd have thought that finding out that the person she is attracted to was gay would be the easiest form of rejection to take? Much easier than being passed over for another girl?

Still, even if so, she probably still will be ticked at first.

However, I think you are right in that Haily still has it bad for Nelson.. Calling him a "Hot Pirate"? She also leaped at the chance to go with him to the party.

Hmmm, What if Nelson comes out to Hailey, and somehow she figures out who his BF is? That would be a sure recipe for a very displeased Milo...

OK, my predictions for pairings at the end....

Milo and Nelson

Joe and Kelly

Caleb and (drumroll...) Haily! (If Caleb can ever settle for one girl)

Thompson Trust Sr. and Juanita

Jame and The Goat. (I hope the Goat proves to have higher standards than this!)

Hi Lucy,

I loved this chapter and I am really getting into the interaction between Nelson and his beloved Milo. I don't find Nelson irritating at all. He is his age and his gender and he has to grow and we are seeing that.

The real drama though will be with Milo and his father. Let's hope Juanita can come to the party here. She will be Milo's support when he is outed or comes out. That for me is the journey of the hero and in many ways Milo is the hero of this tale and a deeper and more attrative character than Nelso, I grant. But the point is they complement each other beautifully.

But enough of predicting. I am always wrong anyway :blink: .

My favorite moment and it is right up there with the most magical of Dom's work was "I am your boyfriend". :wub:

How does Dom do it? In story after story there is the moment of the purest transcendence, when the world becomes once more enchanted. :worship::worship::worship:

Gearoid