Anyone else here using Galaxy S8?

It's been out for a few days and I am one of the early adopters, I like the seemless design and the new interface system.

So far it does not overheat, which is a huge relief versus the S7.

The redesign makes this feel like what traditional iPhones used to be aiming for, lightweight and minimalistic click and play interface. I am not bashing Apple's design direction, but I am impressed by how Samsung is taking what they've failed at in the past and coming up with something even Steve Jobs would be happy to put an apple sticker on.

I won't say it is perfect, Bixby is easily the worst thing to come out in a while since Cortana and Siri basically stole the show like a Madonna lesbian Kiss, but he is actually a good idea just need to be trained better and get program with maybe an upgrade to his base program.

Despite that, the phone is still really nice.

For the beautiful design, I think the S8 and I will have a nice long term relationship for phone standards of maybe 2 years, if Samsung can keep this up I might commit to the new integration platform they're considering for smartphones to become PC's.

I am also not the only nerd to notice the new redesign:

http://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-review-the-prettiest-phone-wins-1794526975

• Site Administrator

I should add that I'm not getting one. I love my Galaxy S7 and the only complaint I have is that the phone triggers to easy in my ape-like hands.  The wrap-around the corner screen on the S8 is a non-starter.  If I can't hold my S7 without triggering stuff I don't want, how the hell can you hold a phone with no safe places to touch?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Myr said:

I should add that I'm not getting one. I love my Galaxy S7 and the only complaint I have is that the phone triggers to easy in my ape-like hands.  The wrap-around the corner screen on the S8 is a non-starter.  If I can't hold my S7 without triggering stuff I don't want, how the hell can you hold a phone with no safe places to touch?

So you need a "safe" spot on your phone :P (Sorry never thought I'd hear you ask for a safe space anywhere)

Beyond that, my S6 was getting old and slow, my plan was up finally with Sprint, and I am not going back to Apple under iPhone 7 or whatever they come bck with, so the S8 was logical upgrade after I left my carrier.

Sounds like your tech review guy is also in love with the S8's new design as well :D If this is the future, I'm game for it. The seamless screen/ infinity displays is something I wished they could do for tablets more so than smartphones alone. It makes the movie watching experience that much better in full screen

• Site Moderator

I recently switched from a Samsung S4 (3yo) to the Samsung S7 Active. The S4 was starting to need charging more often. There was also the fact that there was a system update that needed to be downloaded and there wasn't enough memory, even after deleting everything I could, there still wasn't enough space.

My solution to fat fingers was to put the phone in an Otter case, plus I don't like to carry the phone in my pocket.

I almost waited for the S8 but decided to get what I got. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I upgraded from an S III to an S7 this past June and it has upgraded its operating system to Android 8 or Oreo and I've never had a problem with it overheating and I use an ANKER wireless charger which usually charges the phone in about 2 hours which I do in the evening.  My phone is usually still at 50% or more when I put it on the charging plate. I bought it new for $325 from BOOST which uses the Sprint Network.  In my opinion it was a steal and by July a new S7 was no longer available...  

I grew up having to make my pennies stretch as my father died young and I am one of seven children.  It is ingrained in me to make it last and take good care of things.  

Edited by Daddydavek