Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Chatter Box

Renee Stevens

• Site Administrator

What condition was the waffle in?  Any bites missing? :gikkle:  

I was eating almonds once and dropped one.  I decided to be lazy and pick it up later.  Well, Joker decided that wasn't necessary.  A few minutes later, I hear *crunch crunch crunch* as he happily munched it down.  Who knew cats like almonds?  lol

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

What condition was the waffle in?  Any bites missing? :gikkle:  

I was eating almonds once and dropped one.  I decided to be lazy and pick it up later.  Well, Joker decided that wasn't necessary.  A few minutes later, I hear *crunch crunch crunch* as he happily munched it down.  Who knew cats like almonds?  lol

My last cat loved fried chicken and meat lover's pizza. We always would make her a few tenders when we made it, and for the pizza, if was the toppings, cheese, and sauce. The dog ate the crust.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

These two aren't that big on people food, so it surprised me when he ate the almond. They do like eggs and fish, though.  Most other stuff they turn their nose up at.  

• Like 2

• Site Administrator
5 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I'm itchy. Someone should scratch me. 

*scritch scritch scritch*  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I'm itchy. Someone should scratch me. 

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Itchy people unite!

Also, most literal kind of quid pro quo EVER. Literal back scratching favours :P

• Like 2

On 6/5/2017 at 1:59 AM, Hunter Thomson said:

Does anyone have any fun summer plans? 

On Saturday, I went fishing off of the jetty at the Clinch Park Marina with Morgan and Mickey. We caught a few smallmouth bass, some sunfish, and Mickey even landed himself a pike! :D Morgan handled the hook removal, though. :)

We also went swimming at the beach on the far side of Clinch Park, to wash off the fishy-smell when we were done fishing, and then ordered burgers from a food truck for dinner! It was a perfect summer day. :) I might look for a part-time job with a food vendor at the Cherry Festival, in early July. And finally, I'm getting married in two weeks! :D

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Oh, my...the new website is really classy. I long for the day the chat will be up again!

How y'all doing?

@Page Scrawler (ow, even a tag system!) That's awesome! Congratulations for your marriage! wait, your post is 1 month old...so you're already married? :2thumbs: long live the spouses!!

@Valkyrie Joker's acting up again? :P I can't leave anything unattended, from tobacco to food, else mine will nibble it and eventually swallow it :unsure:

giphy.gif

Edited by FieldMan
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, FieldMan said:

Oh, my...the new website is really classy. I long for the day the chat will be up again!

How y'all doing?

@Page Scrawler (ow, even a tag system!) That's awesome! Congratulations for your marriage! wait, your post is 1 month old...so you're already married? :2thumbs: long live the spouses!!

@Valkyrie Joker's acting up again? :P I can't leave anything unattended, from tobacco to food, else mine will nibble it and eventually swallow it :unsure:

Thanks, Fieldy! We had an excellent honeymoon on Mackinac Island! We spent the 4th of July up at Ft. Mackinac, which was awesome! :D While we were there, Mickey called and dropped a HUGE bomb on us. Apparently, he'd been dating a genderfluid person since the start of summer vacation! :o "Their" name is Sam in "boy mode; Sammi in "girl mode". According to Mickey, "they" are really cute both ways! :D Since then, Morgan and I have come home, and Mickey is currently spending the remainder of the summer with us while his parents are on vacation in Alberta, Canada. :)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1

We've invited Sam/Sammi over to the house a couple of times now, and it's always adorable seeing the kids flirt with each other. The first time she came over, Sammi was wearing a ruffly white dress with sunflowers printed on it, which was cute. :*) Then, as she was leaving, she gave Mickey a kiss on the cheek, which really embarrassed the poor kid. He turned as red as a sunburned tomato! Of course, I had the decency to wait until I was locked away in my basement library before I laughed my head off! :lol:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 3

Last night, Morgan, Mickey and I had hot dogs and S'mores over a campfire, with some potato salad. :D Mickey had some friends over, too, including Sammi. It was cute, watching all of the kids goofing around and having a good time. :*) We saw a couple of bats fluttering around, which was cool. Mickey wanted to catch one, but I vetoed that after Morgan made a joke about cooking them on skewers with some shallots, peppers, and cherry tomatoes. At least, I hope he was joking... :unsure:

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 2:19 PM, Valkyrie said:

*scritch scritch scritch*  

i'll hold my horn still and you can scritch all you want. it's got the ribby things to get all the good places :rofl:

• Like 3

Sadly, not everything is fair in love. After we came home, Morgan and I tried to get in touch with the photographer we hired for the wedding. After sending several emails and phone calls, we waited two weeks for a response, and got nothing. Finally, I did a second background search on him, and I saw that his once-spotless record was now marred by an arrest warrant. He's currently wanted for at least seven counts of fraud, after scamming newlywed couples out of $1,500-$2,000 each, as a "service fee". :,( The investigation indicates that he never had any film or memory cards in his cameras, and he appears to have left town over three weeks ago. We were devastated at first, but we're calling some friends, and compiling whatever pictures they took with their own cameras or phones. :)

Edited by Page Scrawler

22 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Sadly, not everything is fair in love. After we came home, Morgan and I tried to get in touch with the photographer we hired for the wedding. After sending several emails and phone calls, we waited two weeks for a response, and got nothing. Finally, I did a second background search on him, and I saw that his once-spotless record was now marred by an arrest warrant. He's currently wanted for at least seven counts of fraud, after scamming newlywed couples out of $1,500-$2,000 each, as a "service fee". :,( The investigation indicates that he never had any film or memory cards in his cameras, and he appears to have left town over three weeks ago. We were devastated at first, but we're calling some friends, and compiling whatever pictures they took with their own cameras or phones. :)

Damn, thats a shame... I hope you ll manage to make a great album (That you will share with us, of course :D ) despite this filthy scammer..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Morning everyone...

Bank holiday here so no work today. What about you @Jsgo? Do you still have to work or are you working on something else today? 

@mogwhy moggy, hope you got/get some sleep.

Thank you moggy, just Work for me

• Like 2