Feature Request: Clear Notifications

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Pardon me, if this is something that already exists, but I haven't been able to find it.

Is there a possibility we can get a button that would delete our Notification History? I clicked on the history the other day and realized I'm about 100+ pages of notifications. I'm not sure what sort of impact it would have, but the ability to clear them would be nice. (OCD neat freak at times.)

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

We went through this during the initial upgrade.  We do not control that part of the software.  Notifications are removed automatically by the system.

• Like 3
On 8/20/2017 at 10:01 PM, Myr said:

We went through this during the initial upgrade.  We do not control that part of the software.  Notifications are removed automatically by the system.

Any code can be changed. I`m not trying to push anything on you, since I love the amazing work you did, but you could set a smaller time for the system to clear the notifications...Like fifteen days instead of thirty, or something like that. Anyway that`s just a thought.

• Site Administrator
49 minutes ago, Dennis191 said:

Any code can be changed. I`m not trying to push anything on you, since I love the amazing work you did, but you could set a smaller time for the system to clear the notifications...Like fifteen days instead of thirty, or something like that. Anyway that`s just a thought.

Yes.  Of course any code can be changed.  But then you need a couple of things:

1. Knowing which code to change.
  2. Maintaining that changed code through each update to the software.

As we have limited staff time and limited budget, we focus on the important things.  As we've covered more than once, this is not something we are doing.

• Like 4