The GMT chat zone

48 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

You never know. Threads go quiet then suddenly start to get traffic again :) 

True - stranger things have happened.  Although it’s not like I’m around as much I had imagined, things have got busy here, which is at least some sort of good :) 

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Sorry I sort of abandoned this chat. I didn't mean to, but things got busy. So, any Europeans around ? We could have a Eurovision song contest chat. :lol:

Hi Tim :hug: This chat thread sort of fell through the cracks I think. How are you??

2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I'm HOT. Warmest May forever continues into June. Same in UK, I gather.

I'm lucky, coz i live near at the seaside I get a cool wind off the sea. The temps here are at about 18c at the mo, so just warm. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Caz Pedroso said:

I'm lucky, coz i live near at the seaside I get a cool wind off the sea. 

Yeah, that does help. I'm not too far from the coast either (since Copenhagen is a harbor town), but living in the city is always warmer than the countryside.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Sam Wyer said:

Wow - this is turning all very British, talking about the weather 😀

Lol, well, It's dreary here with a forecast of rain/thunderstorms today :P Hi Sam and how are today??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sam Wyer said:

I'm good thanks - finally getting some time to catch up on my writing!

You're lucky. Ali's school (and only her school) is on teacher strikes AGAIN! I've just had her home for half term, now she has another two days off. I'm so far behind it's not funny at the moment. 

Hope your writing goes well :) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Hope your writing goes well :) 

That seems unlikely unless I log out of here :)  But it's a start, right?

• Haha 2

We finally have overcast skies and may even get a bit of rain but not nearly enough to compensate for the worst drought in decades. It's been way too hot and dry for weeks.

I can sympathize with not get any writing done. :(  I really need to pull myself together. A new reader has begun leaving wonderful comments on my Clueless Camping story, which is both inspiring and motivating. :yes:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I need to chat with someone who knows the ins and out of editing GA stories. I am a very new guy at computers and chatting and am unsure how to get help/guidance on various operations. Is there someone out there who can help an old man get up to snuff on a keyboard?

My first question would be: my MacBook was purchased by my partner when he was back home in Portugal so the keycaps are set up for European use, but I use only American English, so when I type, I have to remember that such and such a key, though it has a symbol on the keycap will produce a different character when I press it. I am getting somewhat better at learning the new format, but it would be so much easier to have the symbol on the keycap be what would appear on the screen when I pressed it. Can any computer whiz-bang help me with that problem without ruining my computer? The letters are correct, it is the punctuation and symbols that are f---ed up!