The GMT chat zone

6 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

so kind looks like a pear. does it taste like one?

I don't know, I've never tried the fruit itself, only the tea. It gives a tart fruity taste, which isn't as sweetly cloying as other teas with fruit taste. It gives some variety to my tea drinking which is normally English Breakfast, Yellow Label Lipton or Earl Grey. We might ask @Bucket1 our resident tea expert, what he knows about quince.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I don't know, I've never tried the fruit itself, only the tea. It gives a tart fruity taste, which isn't as sweetly cloying as other teas with fruit taste. It gives some variety to my tea drinking which is normally English Breakfast, Yellow Label Lipton or Earl Grey. We might ask @Bucket1 our resident tea expert, what he knows about quince.

Quince paste is awesome with a hard bitey cheese :)

I have never eaten the fruit raw, only as paste or jam. @mogwhy it does not taste like a pair, it is reasonably tart but quite fruity. It would be a good flavouring for a tea/cheese matching. Hmmmm a very good thought. I am presuming your tea is commercial @Timothy M.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Good morning, anybody awake ? I'm cuddled up in a blanket, because it's rather windy outside. Ingolf the storm will hit the west coast later, but it's not too bad here.

Good morning!  Yes, I’m awake, but also, sadly, working.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Good morning, anybody awake ? I'm cuddled up in a blanket, because it's rather windy outside. Ingolf the storm will hit the west coast later, but it's not too bad here.

all you need is a fireplace and a cat? :gikkle:

i should be asleep, but i'm busy with an editing job or 3

• Like 3

Good morning.  I am always awake at this hour, but usually have my hands filled with something horse related.  As @dughlas says, I am out horsing around.  Today is a fun one.  Client bought a new horse that is currently housed near dugh and I am bringing her back to a small farm near us.

1 hour ago, mogwhy said:

all you need is a fireplace and a cat? 

Don't forget good reading and a hot beverage of choice.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Good morning.  I am always awake at this hour, but usually have my hands filled with something horse related.  As @dughlas says, I am out horsing around.  Today is a fun one.  Client bought a new horse that is currently housed near dugh and I am bringing her back to a small farm near us.

can you get a visit in? that could be fun

oh and hi Kitt. show today? 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Since you're busy guess I wont see you this time. Have a safe trip.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Afternoon all. Sitting at work watching the clock. One hour and I can head home. 

@mogwhy hope you get a good sleep. 

@Kitt hope you have a safe journey to pick up and return with the new horse 

Edited by Caz Pedroso
Correcting my abysmal spelling
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, mogwhy said:

can you get a visit in? that could be fun

oh and hi Kitt. show today? 

Nope. Just picking up the mare.She was a bit stubborn about getting on the trailer, but I am patient and way more stubborn.  Unfortunately is not quite close enough for a visit with dugh.

Edited by Kitt
Damn auto correct!
  • Like 4