Amazon announces Lord of the Ring FanFiction

• Site Administrator

Amazon is going to be doing a multi-season TV show as a prequel of Lord of the Rings.  As this is in new, unwritten territory in a different author's land... it is a FanFiction. lol

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-amazons-lord-of-the-rings-prequel-will-/f-df0487b0aa%2Fengadget.com

Who's looking forward to the hot, naked elves we should get if they go the Game of Thrones route?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 11/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Myr said:

Amazon is going to be doing a multi-season TV show as a prequel of Lord of the Rings.  As this is in new, unwritten territory in a different author's land... it is a FanFiction. lol

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-amazons-lord-of-the-rings-prequel-will-/f-df0487b0aa%2Fengadget.com

Who's looking forward to the hot, naked elves we should get if they go the Game of Thrones route?

I'm in. :D 

• Like 1

I very much agreed with this thought in the article:

For that to happen, the series needs someone at the helm who lives and breathes Tolkien, someone who recognizes the themes that permeate his work. They need to recognize what makes Tolkien unique, and what makes Middle-earth a different place than Westeros. It's a necessity for adaptations to take liberties with source material, and it seems Amazon's Lord of the Rings series will take many. But if it can keep the spirit of Middle-earth intact, it has a chance to be remembered as more than Amazon's attempt to cash in on the Game of Thrones craze. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Myr said:

You had me at Hot Naked Elves...

• Haha 1