[LittleBuddhaTW] Poll: Fave Character in SOOTB

Favorite character in SOOTB  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character in SOOTB?

• Connor
    • Ryan
    • Toby
    • Maggie (Dr. McCormack)
    • Cody
    • Mikey
    • Ben & Derek (the twins)
    • Cody's mom (Tatyana)
    • Eleanor Van Epps
    • Trent Lomax

Guest neverdry63

guess im going for conner - he is the real hero hes the one that had to bring himself out of the depths of inhumanity and into a more decent world - yes ryan is important because he was there to help connor and console him and be his partner and strength thru the whole ordeal -

toby - well toby is a very agressive young man who lets his groin make most of this decisions - yes he is totally loyal to connor but what is the real reason is he still in luv with connor and all the others are just for the mean time or is he really loyal as well and its just his hormones getting in the way and once he gets older there will be less and less of a problem - who will he end up with ? thats really a good question and im not a betting person so i will have to let the story play out - if all the characters have been introduced then i guess most likely it will be cody but then thats where the story wants u to believe it will end - he could go back to mikey to - i mean cody is really special and out there so its gonna require someone more like him and toby aint that - well just my thoughts - michael

I would have to say Ryan is my favorite character.

He seems to be the deepest of the characters, at least to me. He was difficult to read early on, and we were all wondering when he was going to come around. He also understands Connor the best.

He weathered the storm with Toby and Connor, and then Cody and Connor. He brings out the best in Connor's creativity, and he knows Connor's weaknesses.

He pushes Connor to try new things, to get out of his shell, and to be himself. He encourages Connor's musical side.

I love how he holds people in a death grip when he sleeps. :P

Toby would be a close second because he wears his heart on his sleeve more, and he's cute. He still feels strongly for Connor, but he honors the bond between Ryan and Connor.

Cody would be third because he's intriguing.

That's my ranking. Don't pull an Idol on me and vote one of them off please! :blink:

Centaur

Edited by Centaur
Well, it's a great story.

Keep going!

Is 15 going up on Saturday (Eastern US Time)?

It'll be in Myr's inbox by Saturday morning (Eastern US time), and he should have it posted shortly thereafter, unless he's busy or out of town or something.

Ok so I got a day and so left to chap 15. So it gives me a few time to go back to the story and chek out who Eleanor ven epps is cuz I think I skiped him 0:) . I dont know who to vote for im stuk with connor, Rayn, and toby. But Ill deside that latter Im going back to read :read: .

Juan

Ps. Can some one please tell me wat chap Eleanor came up on.

Edited by Boricua69
Ok so I got a day and so left to chap 15. So it gives me a few time to go back to the story and chek out who Eleanor ven epps is cuz I think I skiped him 0:) . I dont know who to vote for im stuk with connor, Rayn, and toby. But Ill deside that latter Im going back to read :read: .

Juan

Ps. Can some one please tell me wat chap Eleanor came up on.

Chapter 13

Gosh, what a tough call to make....I mean, a favorite?

I think I've gone back and read this entire story from 1 to 15 twice now, and I find that I connect with everyone (except for the rather psychotic, yet midly entertaining Van Epps....oh oh oh and Mr Lomax, whom of which I had one of those in High school too), especially Connor. I can't help but notice similarities between Connor's spirit and my own.

But, I over analyze just about everything in my life...ha! Being that this is really my FIRST actual post on this site, and being that I've become rather glued to waiting for additional chapter releases, I figured I'd say something on the subject. In MY case, it's a definete toss up between Connor, whose endured living in a preverbial hell, remainted his, for the most part, sanity, and who's grown into a rather logical, and loving, young man and Maggie.....actually....lets not forget who brought "paradise" to him, and allowed him to remain there for weeks on end with Ryan and Toby.

BUT, alas, those are merely my thoughts.

If anyone concures, well then good for you guys (and girls, don't forget the girls)

:worship: to David (now that I know his name, finally) You've outdone yourself as far as I'm concerned.

:king: J.D.

It's interesting to compare the results of this poll with the results of the same poll on my Yahoo group:

Connor - 37% (16 votes)

Ryan - 32% (14 votes)

Toby - 16% (7 votes)

Maggie - 4% (2 votes)

Cody - 4% (2 votes)

Mikey - 2% (1 vote)

Tatyana (Cody's mom) - 2% (1 vote)

Total Votes (so far): 43

• 3 weeks later...
LOL ... no, this is purely for my own curiosity. The story has already been written. :D

So Dominic will not be any big part of this story? And thereby neither Mikey will... Well it's a pity since he is the only outed boy and as that the most vunerable of them all. He has tryed to be close to several of the boys but somehow allways come second or made fun of. Hopefully Dominic will be the support he needs now.

Really... He should get the support from the other guys - them coming out for his support.

Mikey gets my vote for support of his cause. I think it would be intresting to see his point of view in a separate story - he has a good story to tell.

I KNOW for a fact that there are more than 30 people who read the story, so it's kind of a shame that there have only been 30 votes so far.

Maybe I'll redo the poll at the very end ... that probably would have been a better idea ... *sigh*

<_<

....umm how come I never posted on this thread or voted a long time ago?? I REALLY thought I had. But I guess not since it just let me vote, and since I obviously don't have an old post. Hmmm, did you make it while I was gone, David? lol you sneaky thing! :boy:

A lot of people go only as far as the Chapter numbers :wacko: . It's sad, because you'd think that if they enjoyed a story so much as to check back every week for updates, they would take at least five minutes of their day to express it to the author (you :read: ).

Maybe doing the poll at the end would've been better; however, some people just stop reading, or coming to the blogs once the story ends :wacko: . Don't worry about it, I highly doubt the votes would change greatly.

Welcome to the forum, Birds! It's great to have you here :2thumbs: . I hope you also check out the other parts of the site and some of the other talented authors.

I agree with your analysis too: most readers probably don't ever get to the forum, and waiting till the end wouldn't catch the ones who'll leave once the story is over :(

Darn people who don't vote! ***shakes his head*** I mean how hard is it to remember to come in here and click a button? :boy::P0:):rolleyes:

As for my favorite, my vote went to Ryan. You would think that the main character would get the most attention, huh? Personally, Ryan's sense of maturity impresses me. The fact that he'd discovered his sexuality and embraced it after meeting Connor was a deciding factor for me. Up until later chapters, Connor was my favorite. However, that changed after he started getting all clingy 0:)

The first time I (hallucinated) voting, I voted for Ryan, for many of these reasons. I also think your use of the word "discovered" is particularly apt. Normally I'd say someone, "came to terms with", or "accepted" their sexuality, but for Ryan it really does seem like an actual "discovery". Sort of an "ohhhhhhhh", "well how about that!" experience.

Anyway as I said I (thought) I voted for Ryan the first time, but now my vote is for Connor. This last chapter especially has made me realize just how far he's come and how much progress he's made! He's doing really great now....whereas our Ryan seems to be floundering a bit...of course hopefully this is temporary and I guess it's not really fair to base my vote on that anyway.

Have an awesome day everyone and take care!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
....umm how come I never posted on this thread or voted a long time ago?? I REALLY thought I had. But I guess not since it just let me vote, and since I obviously don't have an old post. Hmmm, did you make it while I was gone, David? lol you sneaky thing! :boy:

Welcome to the forum, Birds! It's great to have you here :2thumbs: . I hope you also check out the other parts of the site and some of the other talented authors.

I agree with your analysis too: most readers probably don't ever get to the forum, and waiting till the end wouldn't catch the ones who'll leave once the story is over :(

Darn people who don't vote! ***shakes his head*** I mean how hard is it to remember to come in here and click a button? :boy::P0:):rolleyes:

The first time I (hallucinated) voting, I voted for Ryan, for many of these reasons. I also think your use of the word "discovered" is particularly apt. Normally I'd say someone, "came to terms with", or "accepted" their sexuality, but for Ryan it really does seem like an actual "discovery". Sort of an "ohhhhhhhh", "well how about that!" experience.

Anyway as I said I (thought) I voted for Ryan the first time, but now my vote is for Connor. This last chapter especially has made me realize just how far he's come and how much progress he's made! He's doing really great now....whereas our Ryan seems to be floundering a bit...of course hopefully this is temporary and I guess it's not really fair to base my vote on that anyway.

Have an awesome day everyone and take care!

Kevin

I hope you re do thing poll when the story's over, Buddah.....because I'm really starting to have different feelings for Ryan right now that I didn't have when I first read this story