What is your favorite system?

First Post in the new Forum, so it has to be about what your favorite system is.

For me, I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons since JR. My first D&D character was a Halfling named Demetrious Greenleaf, and he was the Halfling Race Class from the Basic D&D Blue Box. From there, it was then Palladium book's ROBOTECH and RIFTS settings. However, I always stuck to D&D, and have played each edition they've put out. By far the 5th edition ruleset is my favorite. They've really gone a long way into streamlining the system and making it more for immersive storytelling. 

I've played in games Online via Skype, and in person. Each has their own pros and cons, but it's all fun.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Well... I've only every actively played AD&D 2nd Edition.  I have the rulebooks for 3,4,5.  I think I have one for 3.5.  And I've gotten some stuff for Sci-Fi recently through the dangerous "Bundle of Holding" site.

I played AD&D heavily when was 10-18.  My first character's name was... Myrddin which is Welsh for Merlin...  also where I derived Myr.  I still have that character sheet along with everything else from those days.

• Like 2