The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

Good afternoon DiCers! 

It’s a beautiful day in my neighbourhood, and I hope it is in yours as well.

I wish you all a great day. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

(For those not old enough this is from the Mister Rogers theme song)

:heart: 

I’m old enough! :D 

PS: It’s always good when a friend can make you laugh. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope you are all having a good day. 

I haven't been around too much the past couple of months. I've had a lot of challenges thrown my way and it's been rather rough. 

But today is the first time in a long while that I really feel happy. So yes... it is a good day. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, kbois said:

I haven't been around too much the past couple of months. I've had a lot of challenges thrown my way and it's been rather rough. 

But today is the first time in a long while that I really feel happy. So yes... it is a good day. 

That's wonderful to hear. You be here when you feel like it.  i totally understand not wanting to be here sometimes. i think we all feel like that now and again.

Doesn't mean we don't care or want to be here, but sometime we need to look after ourselves. 

i hope life gives you more good days in the future.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

So far, so good. 

Hope your day is going well, tim. :) 

i'm okay. Feeling a bit anxious right now, but we are going out soon, so i think getting out of here will be a good thing.

Hope you're okay, Reader. xo

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm okay. Feeling a bit anxious right now, but we are going out soon, so i think getting out of here will be a good thing.

Hope you're okay, Reader. xo

Hopefully it won’t rain when you’re out, though that’s in the forecast and it kind of feels like it in the air. The nice thing is it isn’t to hot. 

Take care. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
46 minutes ago, kbois said:

Sounds good, hope your days keep going this way. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hopefully it won’t rain when you’re out, though that’s in the forecast and it kind of feels like it in the air. The nice thing is it isn’t to hot. 

Take care. 

it rained but we didn't melt and were inside for some it..it was nice to get out the house for a while.. even though we do have a back yard..lol    hope you had a nice day too, Reader.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

it rained but we didn't melt and were inside for some it..it was nice to get out the house for a while.. even though we do have a back yard..lol    hope you had a nice day too, Reader.

I thought of you and having a backyard. Is there a garden, because I recall that was something you’d like to have. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I thought of you and having a backyard. Is there a garden, because I recall that was something you’d like to have. 

Yes, there's a garden. Dan likes to grow things. So there's roses and other flowers and plants and we also planted some tomatoes, peppers and beans.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, there's a garden. Dan likes to grow things. So there's roses and other flowers and plants and we also planted some tomatoes, peppers and beans.

Sounds lovely, and tasty. :D 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That sounds lovely. We have a huge backyard but I have the furthest thing from a green thumb lol. It's so hot right now down here I'm don't know how anyone can stand it. 

At my community the roads are being repaved. I gotta give kudos to the crew. The heat index is over 100 degrees and they're out all day working. I went out this morning and bought $60 worth of Popsicles and frozen juice bars for them and my maintenance staff. I'll keep the freezer stocked for the summer. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, kbois said:

That sounds lovely. We have a huge backyard but I have the furthest thing from a green thumb lol. It's so hot right now down here I'm don't know how anyone can stand it. 

At my community the roads are being repaved. I gotta give kudos to the crew. The heat index is over 100 degrees and they're out all day working. I went out this morning and bought $60 worth of Popsicles and frozen juice bars for them and my maintenance staff. I'll keep the freezer stocked for the summer. 

it was humid today but the temperatures haven't been too terrible high yet.   We haven't had the AC except when it got crazy those few days in late June.  It was over 90. Right now we just have fans going.

We have been drinking a lot of iced tea with lemon.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

it was humid today but the temperatures haven't been too terrible high yet.   We haven't had the AC except when it got crazy those few days in late June.  It was over 90. Right now we just have fans going.

We have been drinking a lot of iced tea with lemon.

No humidity for me today, though it has been feeling soupy other days despite the cool temps. Currently it’s only 18C (64F). Looks like rain all weekend, so a good time for baking - Sasha’s Strawberry Oatmeal bars or  Mall cookies. Can’t decide which. Maybe both? 🤔

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No humidity for me today, though it has been feeling soupy other days despite the cool temps. Currently it’s only 18C (64F). Looks like rain all weekend, so a good time for baking - Sasha’s Strawberry Oatmeal bars or  Mall cookies. Can’t decide which. Maybe both? 🤔

I've got the whole weekend off and other than some light housekeeping, no other plans. I have some chicken I need to divvy up into single servings and freeze. Cookies sound good too.... but when don't they?

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..