The Drop in Centre

4 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

I’ve got the day off and Monday too. I’m planning to write, relax, and attend a BBQ with a bunch of fun people. Frankly, I need the break.

I hope you’re all doing well out there in the world!

Sounds like plans to me.  i didn't do much today nor will i tomorrow, Sunday is Michael's dad's celebration and I'm off on Monday.  Oddly i'd booked this Sunday and Monday off months ago.. i don't usually book Sunday's off.. weird.  i would like to write but it's proving hard.  I'm working on the queens size blanket I'm making for the nephew for Christmas.. there's a lot left to do.

• Love 4
On 5/26/2023 at 8:29 AM, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.82653423607da6f46c2486753555c7a7.png

i am not currently smiling much as i had a tooth pulled.  It was already a bad re-capped, held together with rebar tooth that had to go. There was just no more repairing it.. so yeah.  i do not look cute or wonderful with this extra hole in my smile.  lol

However, it's healing up well and i go back in a month to see if i am a candidate for a Maryland bridge, which is my preferred option.  Fingers crossed.

In other news, things are quiet around here. Michael is finishing up school in the next month and then looking for a job. He has several places who are interested and there are interviews set up. So that's cool.

Hope all of you are doing well.

sorry, but not sorry about the tooth. i know you hated having to do it, but maybe this will finally be the end of it. congratulations to Michael Sir on school, that's wonderful news!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

I’ve got the day off and Monday too. I’m planning to write, relax, and attend a BBQ with a bunch of fun people. Frankly, I need the break.

I hope you’re all doing well out there in the world!

i have the long weekend too, and the boss let us all go early yesterday.
today looks like a normal Saturday, Farmer's Market, Saturday marketplace, the pet place for more food.
Phil wants to attend the Memorial Day event in town, so we'll do that too.
i hope everyone is able to spend some time just breathing and relaxing this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sorry, but not sorry about the tooth. i know you hated having to do it, but maybe this will finally be the end of it. congratulations to Michael Sir on school, that's wonderful news!

now that its over i'm not sorry either.. glad it's healing up okay. 

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
On 5/26/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.82653423607da6f46c2486753555c7a7.png

i am not currently smiling much as i had a tooth pulled.  It was already a bad re-capped, held together with rebar tooth that had to go. There was just no more repairing it.. so yeah.  i do not look cute or wonderful with this extra hole in my smile.  lol

However, it's healing up well and i go back in a month to see if i am a candidate for a Maryland bridge, which is my preferred option.  Fingers crossed.

In other news, things are quiet around here. Michael is finishing up school in the next month and then looking for a job. He has several places who are interested and there are interviews set up. So that's cool.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Fingers crossed for both you and, Mike and early congrats to the graduate. :) 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Thank you, molly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

SP and I both have Monday off, then we took the rest of the week off as well.  I (and he) have way too much to get done to really take a full week off, but I'm doing it anyway -- because the alternative is snapping, loosing my 💩, and going off on someone.  Too long without a break and way too stressful.

Won't be doing too much exciting -- we'll be cleaning out SP's old house to prep it for remodeling so it can be rented.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
45 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

SP and I both have Monday off, then we took the rest of the week off as well.  I (and he) have way too much to get done to really take a full week off, but I'm doing it anyway -- because the alternative is snapping, loosing my 💩, and going off on someone.  Too long without a break and way too stressful.

Won't be doing too much exciting -- we'll be cleaning out SP's old house to prep it for remodeling so it can be rented.

Sounds like time off is necessary. Hope you get lots done but also have some time to relax.

• Like 3

Hope Everyone is well.

4am here in the UK and I'm wide awake, which isn't good.

Having spent 3hrs at a job interview yesterday, I've been invited back today for a further interview ( with a plan on how I would improve the kitchen ) and a decision on whether I get the job.

It's for a promotion within the company I work for (better hrs and more money💰).

Keep safe All

Chris

• Fingers Crossed 4
9 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hope Everyone is well.

Having spent 3hrs at a job interview yesterday, I've been invited back today for a further interview ( with a plan on how I would improve the kitchen ) and a decision on whether I get the job.

It's for a promotion within the company I work for (better hrs and more money💰).

Keep safe All

Chris

Go, Chris!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hope Everyone is well.

Keep safe All

Chris

Good Luck Chris

• Like 3
11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

a couple of takeaways from the last several days

do the hard things, yes they are hard, but they have rewards
when you do the right thing, it'll work out. 
when someone says something hurtful, don't react, wait for the emotion to settle
you know your manager is a good one when they say, "If that person messages, calls, emails, I don't care what I'm doing, you bring your laptop to my office. YOU did nothing wrong."
simple things can bring a lot of joy
don't make @Kitt mad, lol!

i hope you are all well

molly take care and it will work out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 6/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, Kitt said:

Why do I play by the rules?

because it's the right thing for you.  i know it's a hard road sometimes but it's the best one.

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..