The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy

I’ve made the lemon cheesecake bars twice now.

I followed the recipe exactly as is the first time, though I did add cocoa powder (I prefer Hersey’s over Fry’s after switching awhile ago) because Sasha did that in the video even though it’s not in the written recipe. 

It worked out just fine the first time, but I used the ricotta in the tub the first time, but I think the tub version has too much moisture in it. I used the soft block kind the second time and it is much better, I’d say. 

The second batch is pictured below. I didn’t have enough plain yogurt, so I used lemon meringue flavoured yogurt to make up the shortfall.

That increased the lemon flavour (with half the juice of the lemon squares recipe, the lemon flavour is milder in this one) and resulted in a stronger yellow colour. Both batches were yummy, so I’m happy with the results. I’m freezing a couple of slices to see how that goes as the filling part is actually quite soft even with it being refrigerated. 

Okay, that’s my report for the day.

Hope you all have a good one! 

IMG_0035.jpeg.c6ef3558361b7648db505ea686ecdc06.jpeg

https://youtu.be/D72elxGfkYY?si=Omq3qXfbMLT2-5TR

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy

I’ve made the lemon cheesecake bars twice now.

I followed the recipe exactly as is the first time, though I did add cocoa powder (I prefer Hersey’s over Fry’s after switching awhile ago) because Sasha did that in the video even though it’s not in the written recipe. 

It worked out just fine the first time, but I used the ricotta in the tub the first time, but I think the tub version has too much moisture in it. I used the soft block kind the second time and it is much better, I’d say. 

The second batch is pictured below. I didn’t have enough plain yogurt, so I used lemon meringue flavoured yogurt to make up the shortfall.

That increased the lemon flavour (with half the juice of the lemon squares recipe, the lemon flavour is milder in this one) and resulted in a stronger yellow colour. Both batches were yummy, so I’m happy with the results. I’m freezing a couple of slices to see how that goes as the filling part is actually quite soft even with it being refrigerated. 

Okay, that’s my report for the day.

Hope you all have a good one! 

IMG_0035.jpeg.c6ef3558361b7648db505ea686ecdc06.jpeg

https://youtu.be/D72elxGfkYY?si=Omq3qXfbMLT2-5TR

Those look yummy 😋 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Well, I survived the most hellacious week of the year. It's when the owner of the community and the National Manager come down for their annual courtesy meeting with a few members of the HOA board to discuss next year's rent increase. 

Thankfully everything went well. We still don't know how much the increase will be because the owner is trying to negotiate a deal that will give the residents a better value for the increase. 

It's super stressful because he also inspects the park and last year I was in Alaska and it was when I was having a lot of issues with the previous manager next door. The park was not up to the usual standards and the owner wasn't happy. I came close to losing my job. 

However, this year he was very happy. I was very stressed. I told my husband it was like Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Only instead of us being the sharks, we're the poor bastards who got left behind treading water watching the boat get further and further away. Lol. 

On top of that, our lake pump broke, the pool pump broke, the A/C in the clubhouse broke, I lost my internet service, and our time clock system is all messed up because of it. Add in all the residents and their issues... I'm ready to be fitted for my straight jacket. Oh, I forgot to throw in my son throwing a hissy fit and punching my husband while he was driving. 

It's over. I have two days to kick back and chill. Then 5 work days before I'm on vacation. I. Can't. Wait. 

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

• Sad 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Well, I survived the most hellacious week of the year. It's when the owner of the community and the National Manager come down for their annual courtesy meeting with a few members of the HOA board to discuss next year's rent increase. 

Thankfully everything went well. We still don't know how much the increase will be because the owner is trying to negotiate a deal that will give the residents a better value for the increase. 

It's super stressful because he also inspects the park and last year I was in Alaska and it was when I was having a lot of issues with the previous manager next door. The park was not up to the usual standards and the owner wasn't happy. I came close to losing my job. 

However, this year he was very happy. I was very stressed. I told my husband it was like Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Only instead of us being the sharks, we're the poor bastards who got left behind treading water watching the boat get further and further away. Lol. 

On top of that, our lake pump broke, the pool pump broke, the A/C in the clubhouse broke, I lost my internet service, and our time clock system is all messed up because of it. Add in all the residents and their issues... I'm ready to be fitted for my straight jacket. Oh, I forgot to throw in my son throwing a hissy fit and punching my husband while he was driving. 

It's over. I have two days to kick back and chill. Then 5 work days before I'm on vacation. I. Can't. Wait. 

I'm sorry this week was so hard and i hope your husband is okay.  Not sure i'd have lived through all that stress.  Take care and enjoy your weekend. Your holiday will be here soon. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, kbois said:

Pleased to here you survived such a hell week.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I'm sorry this week was so hard and i hope your husband is okay.  Not sure i'd have lived through all that stress.  Take care and enjoy your weekend. Your holiday will be here soon. 

13 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

@kbois :hug: 

8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Pleased to here you survived such a hell week.

Thanks!

As stressful as the week was, it was a good outcome overall. Now it's time to relax!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all!   

Just popping in to announce I am finally an aunt!!!! 

My  niece Phoebe was born this morning.  I can't wait to meet her 

They are no longer DINKs? yay!

Edited by Mrsgnomie
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
50 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all!   

Congratulations auntie! 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all!   

Congratulations Auntie! Your job is to spoil her rotten because that's what Aunts do! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all!   

Congrats! All the cuddles and then you get to hand her back when she explodes up the backside.  Enjoy the precious little girl!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Congratulations Aunty 

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Congratulations auntie! 

2 hours ago, spyke said:

Congratulations Auntie! Your job is to spoil her rotten because that's what Aunts do! 

1 hour ago, kbois said:

Congrats! All the cuddles and then you get to hand her back when she explodes up the backside.  Enjoy the precious little girl!

Thanks all! I am super looking forward to having a little girl in the family 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all!   

Aw, that's super!  Congratulations! 

image.png.ba090fff862246ce7647d5f9532229ad.png

• Love 4

Oy. 

Having worked in travel for umpteen years I know better than most how plans can be thrown off track easily. Our flight on Saturday was supposed to connect through Baltimore. The big old weather system that has parked itself off the coast of the Mid-Atlantic has decided that it might not be a good idea. 

So... tappity-tap on the keyboard and a phone call to my son has us rerouting through another city and we're meeting up with them on the same flight into Hartford. It all worked out the way it was supposed to. Granted we now have to leave from a different airport which means either paying to get up there or changing our return flight and paying for parking. I'll probably just pay for a ride up there. I'd rather fly back to Sarasota. It's only 10 minutes from our house. 

One more day. I can do this. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..