The Drop in Centre

56 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Start to my new year has been some sort of respiratory ick.  Was out of work on Friday (and probably should have been out Thursday) and yesterday -- and today.  High fever, congestion. Blood O2 has been ok, but that's probably because of my inhalers.

I really have to go back tomorrow regardless, as I have travel to arrange for 7 faculty candidates [WHY could they not just stick with video interviews; that was SOOOO much easier for Staff] and new computers to order for staff [including me, thankfully].

Yeah.. with all the diseases around, why travel when you can do something online?  Sorry to hear you're ill. Hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 3

Okay ... do not sit and wave and yell.. "Here i am!"  Or, "Meh, what could it hurt but your vocal cords and maybe your shoulder. What do i know?"

image.png.5838d9557b3ff4f271fb08912820c778.png

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Start to my new year has been some sort of respiratory ick.  Was out of work on Friday (and probably should have been out Thursday) and yesterday -- and today.  High fever, congestion. Blood O2 has been ok, but that's probably because of my inhalers.

I really have to go back tomorrow regardless, as I have travel to arrange for 7 faculty candidates [WHY could they not just stick with video interviews; that was SOOOO much easier for Staff] and new computers to order for staff [including me, thankfully].

Hope you feel better soon xx

• Like 2

image.png.f15f1afbf0e6267763434daa5f5a52f9.png

That can take some doing. As a very reactive person, i'm often in the "yell now, think later" camp. Not the best way to handle things believe me.  Going forward i will try the cool turtle method instead.

Happy Wednesday, the high was 42F at around midnight, currently temps are falling as is rain.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.f15f1afbf0e6267763434daa5f5a52f9.png

That can take some doing. As a very reactive person, i'm often in the "yell now, think later" camp. Not the best way to handle things believe me.  Going forward i will try the cool turtle method instead.

Happy Wednesday, the high was 42F at around midnight, currently temps are falling as is rain.

When I see a turtle like that I hear Crush from Finding Nemo:

"Taking on the jellies!"

I love that movie. Hands down, the best Pixar ever did.

Our temps have had a bad case of multiple personality disorder. 70s yesterday, back to 60s today and tomorrow then close to 80 on Friday. I think Mother Nature has hit menopause. 

Channel your inner turtle and have a good day!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, kbois said:

When I see a turtle like that I hear Crush from Finding Nemo:

"Taking on the jellies!"

I love that movie. Hands down, the best Pixar ever did.

Our temps have had a bad case of multiple personality disorder. 70s yesterday, back to 60s today and tomorrow then close to 80 on Friday. I think Mother Nature has hit menopause. 

Channel your inner turtle and have a good day!

Poor Mother Nature has actually been kidnapped and humans are running the show.

i like that ... channel your inner turtle :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Today's

image.png.a189afcc4fefd2fddbf7520b637b8374.png

Don't let them fool you... doubt mountains are among the highest and hardest to climb.

Fairly sure it's Thursday, if not it's a day, so have a good one!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

okay, no clue what this means. It sounds weird to me... i hope none of us swell too much with the joys of possibility.  Anyway, have a good day!

image.png.2cfbdc6f754be8459971e4731111f8f4.png

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

okay, no clue what this means. It sounds weird to me... i hope none of us swell too much with the joys of possibility.  Anyway, have a good day!

image.png.2cfbdc6f754be8459971e4731111f8f4.png

Ha ha! Just saw this. Not sure if swelling with joy is a good thing. Sounds painful. 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Saturday!

image.png.e4f4728c4713c506d6c1d3090a2ccd11.png

Add rain, and that's us here on the northern California coast. Happy Saturday, all!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Add rain, and that's us here on the northern California coast. Happy Saturday, all!

okay.. but our is frozen rain

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Nothing but wind here, so I’m going for a walk while the gettings good. 

becareful out there ... ours has stopped again for the moment

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

🥶

i'm staying in... wind would blow me away lol.   Apple crisp is in the oven and hiding at home with the Guys.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hey all.  Weather report:  Southern Ohio is COLD.  It won't get above 25F until Thursday I think.  But thankfully we don't have any real precipitation forecast. 

Tonight I'm babysitting my niece.  She's just 4 months old.  I love her so. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hey all.  Weather report:  Southern Ohio is COLD.  It won't get above 25F until Thursday I think.  But thankfully we don't have any real precipitation forecast. 

awww, have a lovely time with her.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This will be one of the rare nights I'll put the heat on. It's nowhere near as bad as where the rest of you are, or my son (he won't see double digits for daytime highs until Wed) but it's dropping into the low 50s the next few nights. The house is a manufacturer home which means it's got about 3 feet of empty space under it. The floors get freaking cold. 

Stay warm and dry everyone!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kbois said:

This will be one of the rare nights I'll put the heat on. It's nowhere near as bad as where the rest of you are, or my son (he won't see double digits for daytime highs until Wed) but it's dropping into the low 50s the next few nights. The house is a manufacturer home which means it's got about 3 feet of empty space under it. The floors get freaking cold. 

Stay warm and dry everyone!

socks and layers ... Michael gave me his older cardigan which i hide in... it's warm in here.  Right, time for soup!

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

becareful out there ... ours has stopped again for the moment

It was snowing for a bit then it got windy in the home stretch. Home now with chicken and potato samosa’s in the oven for dinner. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

socks and layers ... Michael gave me his older cardigan which i hide in... it's warm in here.  Right, time for soup!

Enjoy your soup x

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It was snowing for a bit then it got windy in the home stretch. Home now with chicken and potato samosa’s in the oven for dinner. 

Those samosa's sound yummy x

• Like 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Have a great time with your niece x

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..