The Drop in Centre

3 minutes ago, kbois said:

My new brace has a fun donut design.  😁

oh yes, that's right!   You've done more than your fair share for Donut Day ... you get a donut shaped sticker!! 🍩

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
29 minutes ago, kbois said:

Bread day...yay!

I've got meat sauce simmering in the crockpot. I'll make lasagna this afternoon. 

A coworker is getting married out at the beach tonight. It's going to be hot AF but at least the reception is at our clubhouse. I wish I could wear sandals but that's not an option with the new brace. 

I hope everyone has a good day! 

Bread is baking, and a bunch of apples are in the dehydrator. I mentioned the zucchini thing to Michael, who is willing to try it. So, next time at the grocery store, I'll get a couple. They will be nice for snacks. I dehydrated a bunch of lemon peel, which I make into lemon pepper seasoning. It is so much nicer than the one you buy.

Mmmm, lasagna. That may have to be an upcoming meal. Hmm, maybe with some dehydrated zucchini and eggplant strips in place of some of the noodles. They would have a different texture when they rehydrate in the lasagna than the fresh versions do. It's great with fresh, but that could be fun to try.

• Love 4
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I mean...if you insist,  lol

Of course.. oh.. do you know of an author called Erik Henry Vick?   He's quite a good writer similar to Stephen King... https://www.amazon.com/Demon-King-Erik-Henry-Vick/dp/B08Z88S1RW

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Of course.. oh.. do you know of an author called Erik Henry Vick?   He's quite a good writer similar to Stephen King... https://www.amazon.com/Demon-King-Erik-Henry-Vick/dp/B08Z88S1RW

I downloaded it as a KU book, and I’m going to read it after I finish my current book. 

Thanks for the recommendation, tim. 😊

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I downloaded it as a KU book, and I’m going to read it after I finish my current book. 

Thanks for the recommendation, tim. 😊

i've read the first and have started on the 2nd.. The Hag ... creepy.  I think that whole series is on KU, which i have now, so yay.  I hope you enjoy it/them.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i've read the first and have started on the 2nd.. The Hag ... creepy.  I think that whole series is on KU, which i have now, so yay.  I hope you enjoy it/them.

Good to know about book two.

I started keeping a file of KU titles I’ve read as hyperlinks, so I can reread stories I really like. I started doing this after failing to remember the title of a KU book I thought was worth reading. Maybe, I’ll remember it some day. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know about book two.

I started keeping a file of KU titles I’ve read as hyperlinks, so I can reread stories I really like. I started doing this after failing to remember the title of a KU book I thought was worth reading. Maybe, I’ll remember it some day. 

Can you review your kindle unlimited history? 

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Can you review your kindle unlimited history? 

I didnt think of that as a possibility, so good on you for thinking of that as an option. 🤗

Turns out you can under the digital content heading then KU. Ive filtered it to look at the oldest rsturns first, so maybe I'll get lucky.

And, there's that weird switch to red again, and all I did was correct the word "maybe". 🤔

• Wow 2
7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I didnt think of that as a possibility, so good on you for thinking of that as an option. 🤗

Turns out you can under the digital content heading then KU. Ive filtered it to look at the oldest rsturns first, so maybe I'll get lucky.

And, there's that weird switch to red again, and all I did was correct the word "maybe". 🤔

That's so weird but pretty! LOL. Have you looked at your device's help page or Googled what's happening? It's not very important unless it bugs you.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's so weird but pretty! LOL. Have you looked at your device's help page or Googled what's happening? It's not very important unless it bugs you.

This is only the second time it's happened, so I'll probably leave it as one of the world's mysteries, rather than trying to figure out why it's happening.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

This is only the second time it's happened, so I'll probably leave it as one of the world's mysteries, rather than trying to figure out why it's happening.

That's a good idea.

• Love 2

I made these for us this morning... mmmm soooo good.  I changed the flour to whole wheat and the sugar to 1 tablespoon of splenda brown.  Otherwise no difference. These were so good. We like cottage cheese so i just added it as is, but if you don't care for the texture, you could blend it first with the eggs. I wouldn't do it all in the blender because it gets very thick.  I'd dump out the cheese/eggs mix and then add the flour and baking powder by hand.

The oil in the recipe is meant to fry in. I used a good non-stick cast iron pan and a little oil and medium heat nothing stuck.

https://momsdish.com/recipe/177/cottage-cheese-pancakes

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Kitt said:

What absolutely fantastic weather we have had! Mosty sunny, high 70's (low to mid 20's for you Celsius peeps) breezy, and heavy dew/light showers overnights. 

Can we keep this all summer? Please please pretty please?

It's not summer yet, sadly. :(  It's downright cold here today... cloudy, windy and like 48F.  But i am not complaining. Any day i do not need the AC is a good one.  So, i agree.. can we keep these cooler temps until October?  

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Monday all.  I slept in until 9am which is a good thing because i've been very busy the last few days. Hope your Monday is a good one!!

image.png.91fe90c30761aa55524c63224df5c68d.png

This week has not started out on a good foot... but maybe it will get better? I hope so. 

• Sad 5
57 minutes ago, kbois said:

This week has not started out on a good foot... but maybe it will get better? I hope so. 

i hope so too .. :(

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, drown said:

Happy Monday everyone!

A picture from the forest, because I like to walk… a lot.

:heart: 

What a lovely place! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..