The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, it's Sunday. We are off for a walk, because it's suddenly hot and humid. As you can see below, it's World Baking Day, it's too hot here for any of that and it's too early in the season to put on the AC. There be fans though!  Have a good one.

image.png.3a2acdb46c1c2ed232fc004cc6a4b0be.png

Enjoy your walk.

• Like 2
Just now, kbois said:

What is it with the men getting all hot and sweaty today?

It felt pretty good. However, my arms are stuck at about 160 degrees at the elbow vs 180. I'm thinking I'll be sore tomorrow.

Yay!

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
32 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

*puts on  PT hat*  Make sure to stretch!

This is good—my own experience. I'd been having a lot of (daily) headaches. Because of when and where they were, my bit of research said it was likely my neck. So, I found some stretches to do—very simple ones. I took care and did them slowly and carefully, and I've not had a headache since. My shoulders and neck are less tense; I can move more easily and feel better. 

So, yeah, daily stretching seems to be a helpful thing.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

And ladies!  I'm sweating on my exercise mat right now because my shoulder decided to seize up for a hot minute.  

If there's one thing I hate it's getting all sweaty. I wouldn't mind working out if not for this unfortunate occurrence lol.

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh, this is nice. All of you chatting away ... All three of us went out for a route march today. Danny has decided he, therefore, I,  needs more exercise. Michael was behind us, saying encouraging things like; Move your flabby butts!

i have also been told this will be a daily occurrence so that Danny can lose some weight and get himself into better shape so the doctor will be happier with him.

And just to confirm...i do not have a flabby butt!  just sayin'  :(

Be thankful he's not poking your bony butt with a walking stick..🤣🤣🤣 I wouldn't put it past him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
37 minutes ago, kbois said:

If there's one thing I hate it's getting all sweaty. I wouldn't mind working out if not for this unfortunate occurrence lol.

I don't love it either, but it's a trade off I have to make.  Some of my coworkers work out during lunch and they don't sweat very much at all.  I'm pretty jealous of that.  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Phil had some family from Nebraska

This is nice! Hope you had a nice time with family!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

This is nice! Hope you had a nice time with family!

we did, thanks. it was a cousin of His that is just so sweet. she shares the old family recipes with me 💙

• Like 4
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Oh good lord! A former customer bought her own trailer because she thought my prices were too high. Yesterday hubby brought another customer to a hunter pace ( basically a timed trail ride with jumps) and met the former customer there so the ladies could ride together. Things went great till they loaded horses for the ride home @ 2:30. Our customers horse walks right on. An HOUR later hubby and customer give up waiting and head home. 4:30 , Gabby has had her liniment bath ( she is 28), hubby is home and we hear Bonnie is still NOT on the trailer. They finally got back to their barn @ 6:30. 

People don't understand it is not just a ride somewhere I supply. You are also paying for my time and experience. Last time I moved Bonnie took me 20 or 30 min to load. She is a 4 year old so it does take a bit of time and patience.

Unfortunately situations like this are all too common. It's too bad the poor horse is the one who has to suffer stress. The owner will be lucky to ever get the horse to load nicely in the future. People can be such idiots.

Update on the ankle... not any better, but not worse either. The brace is being ordered today (once I fork over $600😯😖) so hopefully relief is only a few weeks away. I've given up on getting any sort of prescription painkillers... our medical system is too messed up. I've been trying (3 doctors) for over a month.... nothing. Yet I can take my dogs to the vet and get tramadol in a heartbeat. Sigh. 

I hope everyone has a good day!

Enjoy your walk @Mikiesboy... move that butt!! Lol

• Love 1
  • Sad 4

Happy Monday..  Happy Victoria Day to any Canadians around the place... and, it is...

image.png.91d4a34d32cfbd498710e492b16a30a2.png

Bee kind!  :) 🐝🥀

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Enjoy your walk @Mikiesboy... move that butt!! Lol

It moved twice as far this morning ... we left earlier because it's gonna be in the 80's for the next few days. I'm tired but still have to wash the kitchen floor.  @kbois i found the steamer in it's box ... gonna try using that on this very old tile floor. It has no finish. I think we may need to get that redone. It's a pain to try and get clean.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It moved twice as far this morning ... we left earlier because it's gonna be in the 80's for the next few days. I'm tired but still have to wash the kitchen floor.  @kbois i found the steamer in it's box ... gonna try using that on this very old tile floor. It has no finish. I think we may need to get that redone. It's a pain to try and get clean.

Try 1 part Dawn dish detergent and 2 parts vinegar in a spray bottle. Let sit for a few minutes and then mop. 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, kbois said:

Try 1 part Dawn dish detergent and 2 parts vinegar in a spray bottle. Let sit for a few minutes and then mop. 

Steamer is filled with distilled water and is heating up! 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

More storms last night.

We've had 80 confirmed tornadoes so far this year. Our average for the whole year is normally just 58.  :(

Stay safe!

• Like 3

Happy Tuesday...

image.png.4abb433163e2bbe9dfac47d1833b3f7c.png

But mostly, Happy International Tea Day! We drink both hot and iced tea (no sugar in either). It is the go-to answer for many in the world. Don't forget: Keep calm and put the kettle on! It's the first thing many do if things are going right or wrong: Have a cup of tea. I'm having one right now. Enjoy!

image.png.8c36b9a8646c4c65ef7080d6a353a092.png

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..