The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day and blessed be y'all. Happy New Year from Mum & Me 🎉

Happy New Year, dugh. much love to Mum and you and the pup !  xoxox

• Like 1
  • Love 3

25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hang in there ... it's really just a day, that's all.   i had weird dreams this morning ... covered in weird black flies.. omg, i never dream about bugs. Something i can do without.

The heart’s for the hang in there, not the nightmare. Ugh, I had one the other day while taking a nap on the couch where I fell backwards into the water and someone put their hand over my mouth and pulled me under. Couldn’t breathe at first when I woke up. Really scary.

• Wow 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

The heart’s for the hang in there, not the nightmare. Ugh, I had one the other day while taking a nap on the couch where I fell backwards into the water and someone put their hand over my mouth and pulled me under. Couldn’t breathe at first when I woke up. Really scary.

That would be scary ... dreams are so weird. i think i preferred when i didn't remember the darned things.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That would be scary ... dreams are so weird. i think i preferred when i didn't remember the darned things.

I remember them sometimes. Not all the time, though, and a lot of them are quickly forgotten. Know a few people who can do lucid dreaming, though. Sounds potentially fun and potentially terrifying...

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hang in there ... it's really just a day, that's all.   i had weird dreams this morning ... covered in weird black flies.. omg, i never dream about bugs. Something i can do without.

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I know since I started the Natural Calm, I've been remembering dreams more, and they have been vivid. Most of them have been really good dreams where < REDACTED for TMI >. But, the nightmares are just as vivid now. 

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I remember them sometimes. Not all the time, though, and a lot of them are quickly forgotten. Know a few people who can do lucid dreaming, though. Sounds potentially fun and potentially terrifying...

I've only been able to do the lucid dreaming once, and that was with help using guided imagery.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I know since I started the Natural Calm, I've been remembering dreams more, and they have been vivid. Most of them have been really good dreams where < REDACTED for TMI >. But, the nightmares are just as vivid now. 

I've only been able to do the lucid dreaming once, and that was with help using guided imagery.

Been a while since I’ve had one of those really good dreams... sigh...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Welcome to MY dreamworld!

• Wow 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, BHopper2 said:

You're still getting the bug dreams, Mac?

Yes, still having the occasional infestation dream. Either on me or crawling out of me. Fun times. 

• Wow 3
  • Sad 2

• Site Moderator

Good morning and Happy New Year denizens of the DiC! I hope it will be a great year for each and every one of you. :) 

As for me, I need another coffee, so Ill see you laterz...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Yes, still having the occasional infestation dream. Either on me or crawling out of me. Fun times. 

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Mac...

BBC America is doing a Doctor Who Marathon of the Jodie Doctor, leaning up to the 8:00 pm New Year's Special. No Christmas one this season, they moved it to New Year's Day.

• Like 2

oh tim

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

42 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Sir that's awful 

since starting the Natural Calm, i'm not having the nightmares at all, which is good cause they were distressing i'd wake Phil with screaming

in fact, as i think about it, i'm not remembering dreams at all now

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Had a terrible sleep ... gonna go lie down for an hour. See you later.

i hope the nap helps sweetie

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

BBC America is doing a Doctor Who Marathon of the Jodie Doctor, leaning up to the 8:00 pm New Year's Special. No Christmas one this season, they moved it to New Year's Day.

they are not worth the effort or time to watch ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

God, it's been a long day.  We have to be up at 7am ... football game to watch. After that i hope to be able to do some writing.

Who on earth is playing football at that hour???

12 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

This only thing I have planned for tomorrow is writing, having the family's traditional meal, and chillaxing. Because what you do on New Year's Day, you do all year.

The traditional dinner: Collard Greens, Black Eye Peas, Hog Jaw, and Corn Bread.

Also... DON'T DO LAUNDRY ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!!! You wash a life away when you do.

Thought we were the only family refused to do laundry on New Years!

11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Lol.. they changed our dress code.  We can wear jeans anytime ... sadly it means i don't get to wear my nice suits much anymore ..

So go to an upscale restaurant occasionally!

11 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I like jeans days.  I have pockets. And I carry a lot of stuff around the unit. Dresses and most women's dress pants don't have pockets of course. So annoying. 

Who decided us gals dont get pockets or belt loops?? And dont get me started on shoes!

11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i have a couple of nice calvin kleins .. slim fitting ones. i like wearing em ... Michael seems to like it too .. hehe

See my comment above!

Sleeping and being stuck with dreams - infinitely better than not sleeping, or waking with night terrors and not remembering the dream caused it. At least if you can remember it you can work through it.

Happy New Year everyone! I fell asleep. Hubby woke me for the ball drop, but I barely remember it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Who on earth is playing football at that hour???

Leicester City FC and Everton FC

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

they are not worth the effort or time to watch ...

They did get Snowflake Preachy by the end, and the change from Christmas to New Year's day was because of that too. The new showrunner is proving to be an SJW activist. They need to keep politics out of entertainment.

3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Thought we were the only family refused to do laundry on New Years!

Family tradition, I'm not sure when it started but my Great-Grandmother (mom side) was from Tennessee and that's where it came from for us.

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Leicester City FC and Everton FC

AHH, I was wondering too. It's Soccer. 😛

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

They did get Snowflake Preachy by the end, and the change from Christmas to New Year's day was because of that too. The new showrunner is proving to be an SJW activist. They need to keep politics out of entertainment.

Family tradition, I'm not sure when it started but my Great-Grandmother (mom side) was from Tennessee and that's where it came from for us.

AHH, I was wondering too. It's Soccer. 😛

Football ... it's always been called football. The oldest football clubs were found in the 1700's.   The earliest references to the game being played are from the 1300's.  Football... not soccer.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..