The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well.  

If today is the day the year goes like then this is crap.  

My new cat is not a stray, she belongs to a resident in our independent living apartments. I have to return her.  

Also.  And this is very sad.  

Our beloved neighbor who was like a grandmother, her children came today, frantic since she had not returned their calls. My mom and I had not seen her since early yesterday and she didn't answer the door today for my mom, but she had been saying she was going to go visit her son before they all left for vacation next week.  She doesn't drive so we all assumed he came for her.  He had no keys to her home. 

We had maintenance open the door, I called 911, but she had clearly been gone some time. Everyone was freaking out. 

I feel badly, my mom and she were close. 

I'm sorry .. all of that is very hard. All i can suggest about the cat would be ask the resident if she would sign a thank you card for your kids, for looking after the cat so well. Maybe that would help your son realize he did a lovely thing looking after Doug.  Maybe you can take them to the animal rescue or humane society to find another Doug that needs them.

I'm sorry about your neighbour. That is very sad.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Hola, amigos!  🤪

hello boss... yeah that face kinda fits me today...  thought i was getting better.. cough is back better than ever.

• Sad 3

The traditional New Year's Dinner has been had. I am stuff full of greens, beans, hog jaw, and cornbread.

Now waiting for everyone else to get the heck out, so I can finish the kitchen, and spend time with my GA family.

Or Skyrim. I need to finish the Blood on the Ice mission.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

hello boss... yeah that face kinda fits me today...  thought i was getting better.. cough is back better than ever.

That’s me too, tim. I should have gone to the doc on Monday. I’m going tomorrow. Don’t like the sound of the cough or how it makes my chest feel. No headaches though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well.  

My new cat is not a stray, she belongs to a resident in our independent living apartments. I have to return her.  

Our beloved neighbor who was like a grandmother, her children came today, frantic since she had not returned their calls. My mom and I had not seen her since early yesterday and she didn't answer the door today for my mom, but she had been saying she was going to go visit her son before they all left for vacation next week.  She doesn't drive so we all assumed he came for her.  He had no keys to her home. 

We had maintenance open the door, I called 911, but she had clearly been gone some time. Everyone was freaking out. 

Unfortunate news, sorry for it to hit you like that, Starry. I like tim's idea of adopting a new cat from a shelter. There are plenty that need homes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Defiance19 said:

That’s me too, tim. I should have gone to the doc on Monday. I’m going tomorrow. Don’t like the sound of the cough or how it makes my chest feel. No headaches though. 

There's some nasty shit out there, Def. I've been on antibiotics for 6 days, and I'm still not 100%.

• Sad 5

3 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

i felt better .. no headaches anymore either, but cough had gone all loose and now it's dry again. I think i need to go too.. i've been sick since Dec 22nd

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well.  

That's a hell of a New Year's Day right there... I'm sorry. Wish there was something I could do. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

The traditional New Year's Dinner has been had. I am stuff full of greens, beans, hog jaw, and cornbread.

Now waiting for everyone else to get the heck out, so I can finish the kitchen, and spend time with my GA family.

Ooh, love that one! Playing detective is always fun. :) 

I started myself a Nord Stormcloak soldier, all big and butch with a sweet demeanour and a heart of gold, lol! And then I had him meet Rumarin, who's my favourite character from the 3DNPC mod I mentioned, one of those super followers, and who's a hilariously sarcastic high elf who takes nothing seriously and is gay af. Think this is gonna be a fun one. I sense marriage on the horizon.

This guy:

Spoiler

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Ooh, love that one! Playing detective is always fun. :) 

I started myself a Nord Stormcloak soldier, all big and butch with a sweet demeanour and a heart of gold, lol! And then I had him meet Rumarin, who's my favourite character from the 3DNPC mod I mentioned, one of those super followers, and who's a hilariously sarcastic high elf who takes nothing seriously and is gay af. Think this is gonna be a fun one. I sense marriage on the horizon.

Nord Imperialist all the way. Ulfric must go down! But, before I join the Imperials, and going any further the Blades, or joining the Dawnguard, or going to Solthsrin, I'm trying to do a lot of the side quests. I know that I won't be able to complete every quest unless I do multiple playthroughs, but I'm tired of getting my ass kicked in the dungeons. And I won't use the console command of TGM.

I haven't played with any of the expanded NPC mods. With is YARRRR' Matey version I'm trying not to screw anything up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Nord Imperialist all the way. Ulfric must go down! But, before I join the Imperials, and going any further the Blades, or joining the Dawnguard, or going to Solthsrin, I'm trying to do a lot of the side quests. I know that I won't be able to complete every quest unless I do multiple playthroughs, but I'm tired of getting my ass kicked in the dungeons. And I won't use the console command of TGM.

I haven't played with any of the expanded NPC mods. With is YARRRR' Matey version I'm trying not to screw anything up.

I prefer the Empire, too (opposite of Star Wars, dude), Ulfric's on a power trip and his followers are racist bastards. But I've played through the civil war quest line as a legionnaire multiple times before (have I mentioned that I've literally spent thousands of hours in this game?), and also in my head my character Trym's Stormcloak compatriots would be all suspicious of Rumarin, who's a high elf, and there would be tension with Rumarin having to remain a bit of a secret until Trym makes it far enough up in the ranks, and there's so much drama there that can go on in my head. Too good to pass up. Maybe I'll write the fanfic. :P Also have an idea for a young Breton thief who really ends up as Brynjolf's lad, if you know what I mean. There are mods that can make that happen...

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

hello Sirs and friends

spent a quiet day folding laundry, watching hockey and reading

good to see everyone here tonight

@Starrynight22 i'm very sorry to hear about the neighbor

@MacGreg Sir, @Mikiesboy & @Defiance19 yes, go see the doctor make sure it's not something worse

• Love 3

gonna try again to watch the right Johnny English film... lol  back later on.. if some of you are off to bed.. good night.. i am still home..

• Love 5

• Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

gonna try again to watch the right Johnny English film... lol  back later on.. if some of you are off to bed.. good night.. i am still home..

See you laterz...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Enjoy your movie! :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I had greens for the first time at work today. They were spicy and I was not prepared.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

I had greens for the first time at work today. They were spicy and I was not prepared.  

...is there some definition of greens here that I, a foreigner, am not privy to?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

...is there some definition of greens here that I, a foreigner, am not privy to?

GREENS are usually the leafy green tops of some vegetables, like turnip greens

others are grown specifically for their leaves, like chard, mustard or collard greens

more popular in the southern US than in other places, they are a popular side dish but are easy to do poorly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaf_vegetable

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

others are grown specifically for their leaves, like chard, mustard or collard greens

more popular in the southern US than in other places, they are a popular side dish but are easy to do poorly

They were good..... Just I had no idea they were prepared with hot sauce.  I was expecting like....spinachy bland.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

They were good..... Just I had no idea they were prepared with hot sauce.  I was expecting like....spinachy bland.  

many cooks add hot sauce to them

done well they are sooo good!

done poorly, they are slimy piles of green nastiness

so glad to hear you liked them!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
comma correction
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

See, someone says greens and I just think vegetables in general. :P Possibly because the Scandinavian word for vegetables literally translates into 'green things'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

many cooks add hot sauce, to them

done well they are sooo good!

done poorly, they are slimy piles of green nastiness

so glad to hear you liked them!

Essie almost peed herself laughing.  Not maliciously.  Just my reaction to the spice levels I guess was comical.  I have a very low spice tolerance in food.  I'm sure my face was hilarious as I chewed 

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..