The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Wonderful. You understand why they’re called ballads when you read that. From the Latin for dancing.

It's a french form that's all i know ... ive written two octaves.. enough for today

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's a french form that's all i know ... ive written two octaves.. enough for today

Good start. :) 

There are different forms of verse and song from around Europe referred to as ballads. The Scandinavian form, which dates back to medieval times, often contains two refrains, one in the middle and one at the end, though there are Scandinavian medieval ballads that only have the refrain at the end. They’re generally songs with a frightful number of verses (short ones, though) and were meant for dancing. They were a way of passing down stories, folklore, and history in verbal tradition.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

LOL... like that's gonna happen ... maybe they'll leave me on e-mail for a day rather than chat.  Results were great.. which is good .. but seriously what kinda virus is this thing??  Anyway.. i'll try and drink lots and get to sleep a bit earlier, plus take these pills...  Been sleeping pretty well, in any case.

Hmmmm

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael often pats me on the head and tells me i'm adorable (that means i've done something silly, goofy or dumb).  Well, after using Word for i dont know how long, and constantly growling about the default font (which i hate) i thought  💡  ahha!!  i will look and see if i can change the default font ... and surprise you can ...  :yes: 😕    so.. yeah.. LOL  idiot.

oh timothy... (said that out loud after I laffed.. sorry, not sorry 0:)). There are many defaults you can change in Word. Course, I’m older and have been using it a lot longer than you, so there is that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael often pats me on the head and tells me i'm adorable (that means i've done something silly, goofy or dumb).  Well, after using Word for i dont know how long, and constantly growling about the default font (which i hate) i thought  💡  ahha!!  i will look and see if i can change the default font ... and surprise you can ...  :yes: 😕    so.. yeah.. LOL  idiot.

Umm, perhaps i am old and what the techies of the family call functionally computer illiterate, but even i know default settings are the fall back for when specific commands are missing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs and friends

"May you dream of lovely things, and wake to find them real!" jj heller

Good night molly...happy dreams 

PS: Love the quote. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if that were true? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

oh timothy... (said that out loud after I laffed.. sorry, not sorry 0:)). There are many defaults you can change in Word. Course, I’m older and have been using it a lot longer than you, so there is that. 

you, Reader can call me timothy...LOL  out loud.  yes, i'm sure there are ... i know all about default whatever.. WHY i never tried them on Word... i do not know.. but it was funny.

Did you hear on the radio that yesterday was squirrel appreciation day?  Odd time of year to appreciate them I'd have thought.

• Love 4

45 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Did you hear on the radio that yesterday was squirrel appreciation day?  Odd time of year to appreciate them I'd have thought.

If you were inclined to be nice and feed the squirrels, this would be the time they need it most.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you, Reader can call me timothy...LOL  out loud.  yes, i'm sure there are ... i know all about default whatever.. WHY i never tried them on Word... i do not know.. but it was funny.

Considering you had to get used to how your new higher level of Word worked when you got your new laptop, it’s not surprising the default settings thing took a backseat to all that “fun” - yes, I remember your posts about all the “fun” you were having. 

As yesterday being for squirrel appreciation day? Nope, didn’t hear a peep about that. Yes, the timing does seem a little odd. Maybe, I’ll ask Mr. Google and see what he says. 

Have be a good day everyone....

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Because I can't post it in the Poetry Club... Is there a Tanka Syllable Counter out there somewhere?

No promises but I may try my hand at it.

Do it! ❤️ (Can’t answer your question, though.)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Because I can't post it in the Poetry Club... Is there a Tanka Syllable Counter out there somewhere?

It's 5-7-5-7-7.

Is that what you're looking for?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Try poetry soup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Do it! ❤️ (Can’t answer your question, though.)

I just did one between reading sections in the textbook.

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

It's 5-7-5-7-7.

Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks, Mac. It partly does. I should have written down the syllable count, but forgot to like a dumbass.

12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Try poetry soup

Thanks, Bro. That helped.

Okay... here's my lame-ass attempt at one.

No snow on the ground,
winter is never that cold.
The sand I walk on
warmed by the sun, shifts away
dreams of winter wonderlands.

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..