The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Very nice.  Michael is sadist. i am not a masochist. However He gets into this place ... where He will say, I want to hurt you.

Mmm … you can expect more, boy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

For our second attendance and participation posting, I have to choose one of the following prompts and do a 150 - 300 word response... Trying to decided which one I want to do.

• How are budgets created and used? What success have you had with creating and using a personal budget?
  • What are two cash management products or services offered by financial institutions? Provide a short description of each.
  • According to the "Interactive Figure 3.2: Liquid Assets" in this week's Learning Path, what are some examples of liquid assets? How are liquid assets different from fixed assets? Why is it important to have liquid assets?
  • Some individuals prefer to have their employers withhold more money than they will owe so they can get big refund checks in April or May. Others prefer to minimize withholdings, so they can either spend the money throughout the year or put it into a retirement or other savings account. Which strategy do you think is better? Explain why.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

For our second attendance and participation posting, I have to choose one of the following prompts and do a 150 - 300 word response... Trying to decided which one I want to do.

• How are budgets created and used? What success have you had with creating and using a personal budget?
  • What are two cash management products or services offered by financial institutions? Provide a short description of each.
  • According to the "Interactive Figure 3.2: Liquid Assets" in this week's Learning Path, what are some examples of liquid assets? How are liquid assets different from fixed assets? Why is it important to have liquid assets?
  • Some individuals prefer to have their employers withhold more money than they will owe so they can get big refund checks in April or May. Others prefer to minimize withholdings, so they can either spend the money throughout the year or put it into a retirement or other savings account. Which strategy do you think is better? Explain why.

All of that looks... so boring to me, lol! The last one sounds kind of interesting, though.

• Like 2

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

All of that looks... so boring to me, lol! The last one sounds kind of interesting, though.

This week has been a struggle. Wine and almost daily trips to the fitness center have helped.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

This week has been a struggle. Wine and almost daily trips to the fitness center have helped.

Wine always helps. And now I want some... sigh.

Omg! Yesterday I found out that there's such a thing as chocolate wine, and I don't know whether to be disgusted or intrigued.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

39 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Wine and almost daily trips to the fitness center have helped.

Fitness centre is good ... relying on wine is not.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Wine always helps. And now I want some... sigh.

Omg! Yesterday I found out that there's such a thing as chocolate wine, and I don't know whether to be disgusted or intrigued.

I am not really big on wines.  That said, the chocolate wine my sis-in-law brought to Christmas was...not terrible.  Better than a lot of wines I have tried, but I would not go out of my way to find it.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

The Gasparilla Parade is on TV and the Budweiser Clydesdales just went by.

It's being livestreamed on a couple of local news station's websites. So, if you look for WFLA NBC Channel 8, you might be able to catch it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

The Gasparilla Parade is on TV and the Budweiser Clydesdales just went by.

It's being livestreamed on a couple of local news station's websites. So, if you look for WFLA NBC Channel 8, you might be able to catch it.

Sounds like something to behold. :P 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

This one I could do.  I've been doing a personal budget ever since I got out of the USAF, didn't have a job, and suddenly realized I had no idea where my money was going.  :(

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Backwoods Boy said:

This one I could do.  I've been doing a personal budget ever since I got out of the USAF, didn't have a job, and suddenly realized I had no idea where my money was going.  :(

That is very smart...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

That is very smart...

What tim said.

I had thought about responding to that one, but all my other learning teammates did that one. I'm going the one about liquid and fixed assets. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

That's my evening plan, talking to a friend who works in insurance and whatnot to figure out how to deal with my ever-fluctuating work and income levels.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

I had thought about responding to that one, but all my other learning teammates did that one. I'm going the one about liquid and fixed assets. 

Also a worthwhile thing to know, and doing something different than the others will probably give you what we used to call "brownie points".  Not sure if that expression is still in use.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Also a worthwhile thing to know, and doing something different than the others will probably give you what we used to call "brownie points".  Not sure if that expression is still in use.

LOL. I use it all the time. It's something we use down here.

• Like 3

Home Alone, in a nice quiet house...

I do believe I am going to take a piping hot bath, chill out, and finish some school stuff while drinking a warm beverage of some kind.

Tea, Decaf Coffee, and Hot Chocolate are the options.

Also, this morning, got the notice that the second disbursement has been applied this morning, and within the next few days the remaining overage will be deposited into my account. Which is good. I can use it right now. Need some stuff.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

doldrums Audio pronunciation

plural noun | DOHL-drumz  

10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Do you have these ... if so, what are ya gonna do about it?

i get these regularly, if they last longer than 3 or 4 days, i start to worry that my depression is making a return appearance

what do i do? i hope that Phil has noticed. no really. when i was in therapy, He worked with my therapist on recognizing the symptoms of an oncoming depression.  i also make sure that i'm  getting enough sleep, i try to keep the blinds open to get sunshine into the house, and i talk to Phil. let Him know that i'm feeling right.

i also talk to friends, y'all here and those in my physical world

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..