The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

25 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

You don't have to get married, unless you both choose that. To me it was important. My parents have a wonderful marriage, and I wanted that too.  But that piece of paper can mean nothing, it guarantees nothing. Marriage only works, when you both want it to. 

Yeah, I know. Maybe one day. :) 

• Like 3

Still down, but I've been reading the textbook offline. Just heard a good joke...

It's so cold in Washington D.C., that the politicians have their hands in their own pockets.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Um .. not so sure about this one, in this weather..

image.png.dc86c4412322f0b2dd083b1ca96baa46.png

i know i am sad but i can't think of much that would make me want to jump outta bed...except to look after Michael.

Goal:  Move to Hawaii!  :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Still down, but I've been reading the textbook offline. Just heard a good joke...

It's so cold in Washington D.C., that the politicians have their hands in their own pockets.

That’s amazing. Read that to my parents. They laughed. :D 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

So, we crossed Kattegat safely, and thanks to travel sickness medication and slightly less wind than the forecast indicated, I did not throw up! Hurray! :D 

you say you "crossed it"

is it a long bridge or a ferry?

we have some long narrow bridges on the gulf coast that look terrifying to cross, never been on a ferry for a crossing.  took a short (4 hour) riverboat cruise in Memphis, Tennessee when i was 17.

Texas Gulf Coast

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

you say you "crossed it"

is it a long bridge or a ferry?

we have some long narrow bridges on the gulf coast that look terrifying to cross, never been on a ferry for a crossing.  took a short (4 hour) riverboat cruise in Memphis, Tennessee when i was 17.

Texas Gulf Coast

It’s a ferry. 3.5 hours. Can get stormy this time of year, hence the potential seasickness...

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

Just now, MacGreg said:

Or at least a good thrashing.

There will never be one in my house. Nope.  

I think Peter uses his all the time. It's not really me either. I set it up, have the app on my phone. But Peter uses his to turn on the lights and check messages and I don't know what else.  I don't think it will be used fully here.  However, I am terrible at making lists, it does that when I tell it to which it then pushes to my phone, and it will remind you of appointments, or to put dinner in at 5pm. But otherwise it should just stay quiet. LOL 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@MichaelS36 i've heard about Your relationship to/with Echo :gikkle:

tim will appreciate the ride Sir see You later

@MacGreg i don't think Phil would get along with one of those either Sir

I am quite sure it would not have lasted this long in my house. One of us would have tossed it in the creek by now.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

That crazy Amazon echo of ours scared the living crap out of me/ us last night. We were watching TV.. quietly, and suddenly it says: Well if you have any questions just ask.. or some such shit … Lord I am going to kill Peter. LOL

tim thought it was hysterical … I gave him my best glare.  he just kissed me and said I'm an old grouch.  Hmmm, less of the old please, boy. LOL 

MUAH xo   that was funny, Sir  hehe

• Love 3

1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

That crazy Amazon echo of ours scared the living crap out of me/ us last night. We were watching TV.. quietly, and suddenly it says: Well if you have any questions just ask.. or some such shit … Lord I am going to kill Peter. LOL

tim thought it was hysterical … I gave him my best glare.  he just kissed me and said I'm an old grouch.  Hmmm, less of the old please, boy. LOL 

Alexa on my Fire Tablet has done that me a couple of times. I asked "her" the other day to tell me what's on the news, and she brought up FOXNews' internet livestream for me. I know it only did that because somedays I will turn FOXNews on for background noise while I'm doing school work.

The thing that made me turn off the Alexa "hands-free" was when my Uncle was talking to my Cousin about picking up a new car battery charger, and I started getting email and "suggested" products on my Amazon dashboard for battery chargers.

• Wow 4

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Alexa on my Fire Tablet has done that me a couple of times. I asked "her" the other day to tell me what's on the news, and she brought up FOXNews' internet livestream for me. I know it only did that because somedays I will turn FOXNews on for background noise while I'm doing school work.

The thing that made me turn off the Alexa "hands-free" was when my Uncle was talking to my Cousin about picking up a new car battery charger, and I started getting email and "suggested" products on my Amazon dashboard for battery chargers.

That's why we changed the wake up name to Echo .. not something we say, unlike Amazon and Computer.  We didnt want to give it the human name, Alexa.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's why we changed the wake up name to Echo .. not something we say, unlike Amazon and Computer.  We didnt want to give it the human name, Alexa.

I'm still learning how to operate it on the tablet. Supposedly, you can change the voice on it, and I have yet to find the setting for it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm still learning how to operate it on the tablet. Supposedly, you can change the voice on it, and I have yet to find the setting for it.

no idea it was on the tablet ... something woke it up last night.. something that sounded like her wake up word.  it was funny

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..