Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

i discussed name changes with Michael. He said, it would likely cause a lot of confusion, so He thought leaving well enough alone was a better idea. 

Lol when i first joined...i put Mikiesboy because well once upon a time, i did call Michael, Mikie but not for a long time now. And well, when i joined i thought it would only be for 10 minutes to say, i like your story ... but well ... here i am. 

i'll leave it as it is...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
56 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mmm possibly Sir. But likely not....too.much confusion i think

tim, you're well known - for all the right reasons, of course - on GA, so changing your site name may lead members to think you and /or your stories are no longer on GA. Having said that, have you thought about changing your avatar? I do you recall you saying you don't like Tim Horton's....

I was fiddling about and thought maybe you could make a stylized version of tim, print screen it, so it's a small file and make that your avatar. Something along the lines of what I came up with. Just a thought, mind you. 

Edit: and if you do, don't forget to cancel out grammar and spelling lines - oops

1555770371_ScreenShot2018-11-14at6_11_36PM.png.9e228a118f7232124fcfee3017c9a840.png

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

i had a good day today ... i do not know why i feel so positive but i do. i have this very strange urge to tell my teammates they are the best and i want no others... we all get on so well.  i do not feel stressed or nervous about work like i used to ... i like going there (yes i hate the commute but i like being there).  i am not sure i am me anymore.

i have got to get my scrawny butt in gear and finished editing Changes. AC has sent me 2 chapters and i've done zero with them.  i have four more to do and 6 more to send to him.  

tim!  darn you.. get a grip ...  yes ok.. i swear i will  in the morning. ...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

tim, you're well known - for all the right reasons, of course - on GA, so changing your site name may lead members to think you and /or your stories are no longer on GA. Having said that, have you thought about changing your avatar? I do you recall you saying you don't like Tim Horton's....

I was fiddling about and thought maybe you could make a stylized version of tim, print screen it, so it's a small file and make that your avatar. Something along the lines of what I came up with. Just a thought, mind you. 

1555770371_ScreenShot2018-11-14at6_11_36PM.png.9e228a118f7232124fcfee3017c9a840.png

Reader, you know i love and adore you .. but i will add to that .. i think you are BRILLIANT!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Hi everyone.

My two bits on name changes? Don't. Readers know and love you as mikiesboy. Changing now would send readers into a tailspin.

My two bits on a tim avatar? DO!

And on the weather? The forecasters are using bad language for tomorrow here.  4 letter word starting in s.  If I am lucky therapy will cancel and I can hide under my quilt till it melts.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

And on the weather? The forecasters are using bad language for tomorrow here.  4 letter word starting in s.  If I am lucky therapy will cancel and I can hide under my quilt till it melts.

The only bad four letter word that starts with S and melts, isn't something that falls from the sky. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i had a good day today ... i do not know why i feel so positive but i do. i have this very strange urge to tell my teammates they are the best and i want no others... we all get on so well.  i do not feel stressed or nervous about work like i used to ... i like going there (yes i hate the commute but i like being there).  i am not sure i am me anymore.

i have got to get my scrawny butt in gear and finished editing Changes. AC has sent me 2 chapters and i've done zero with them.  i have four more to do and 6 more to send to him.  

tim!  darn you.. get a grip ...  yes ok.. i swear i will  in the morning. ...

happy dance!

• Love 3

26 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

The only bad four letter word that starts with S and melts, isn't something that falls from the sky. 😛

Oh yeah?  Let it snow on Tampa and see how YOU like it.  Seems to me you reach for scarves and gloves when I am still wearing tee's!  Remember, snow means BELOW FREEZING

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Oh yeah?  Let it snow on Tampa and see how YOU like it.  Seems to me you reach for scarves and gloves when I am still wearing tee's!  Remember, snow means BELOW FREEZING

I'm looking for a Parka and Dogsled team when it's in the sixties. LOL.

You can keep that cold white wet stuff up north!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I know I posted this last year in the old DiC... so, a refresher on how we react to wet white stuff that falls from the sky.

XYpzrku.jpg

Where I am, anything over 1 inch is cause to empty the store of bread and milk 

• Haha 2

Trying to find Teenage Terms of Endearment, that a gay teen couple would call each other, is kinda hard. Having all my characters use the term "Babe" seems repetitive.

So, looking up stuff on those-them-there-inter-webs... some of the stuff is pretty basic, some are WOW... 🐻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

37 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I know I posted this last year in the old DiC... so, a refresher on how we react to wet white stuff that falls from the sky.

XYpzrku.jpg

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/time-toronto-called-military-battle-snow-eternity-mockery-164016884.html

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's funny. Also, I can see why they would call for and got the help. FL does similar in the aftermath of a Hurricane.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That's funny. Also, I can see why they would call for and got the help. FL does similar in the aftermath of a Hurricane.

problem was, there was no where to put it .. you had to climb over the snow banks.. they were huge

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Wow 2

My Mom told me about a time it did snow in Tampa in 1976. It snowed overnight, and there was standing snow the next morning. They closed the schools and government building. Most businesses were calling employees to not come into work. There were traffic accidents, and people injured for slipping and falling... for the massive amount of 1 inch of snow. 1 inch of snow that melted an hour after the sun came up. 

• Haha 2

Okay... I have to share this... Form a Gay Dating site... https://www.elitesingles.ie/em/from-single-to-couple/cute-names-call-your-boyfriend

Boo

Unless you’re a 90’s R&B artist, ‘boo’ is a risky move: high on the cuteness scale, certainly, but simultaneously in danger of entering ‘get a room’ territory. Also, as a general rule when considering how to compliment a guy, it’s usually a good idea to avoid giving him names that could also be attributed to a pet hamster.

Verdict: 4/10

This one caught me as funny because Boo is the name of Minske's miniature giant space hamster from the Baulder's Gate series of video games based on DnD 2nd ed. Someone was a gaymer.

Tiger

Sure, dubbing him ‘tiger’ will make your man feel cool, (who doesn’t want to be made synonymous with the king of the jungle?) however the issues arise when you huskily murmur ‘pass the gravy, tiger’ across the dinner table, and your mother-in-law spits her white wine across the room. Your sex life might be off the charts, but maybe try to pick a nickname that doesn't scream this so overtly. See also: ‘big boy’.

Verdict: 6/10

This one is just funny.

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..