Time for bed, good night everyone...

The sweetest of happy dreams when your time comes. :hug: 

Good night, Reader xo

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

like these

Image result for women's toe socks

Those make my feet oddly uncomfortable. My sister however, loves them. 

There are running shoes like this too. Of course I tried them out.  🥴 No go... just weird. People like them tho. 

• Like 3

Sleep well, Reader, tim, A....

I’ll just wander around..

Edit to add: Nothing left to clean 🧼 🧽 

maybe I’ll go do 🧘‍♂️ If you get here and I’m stuck in a pose, walk around me. ☺️

Edited by Defiance19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

susurrous Audio pronunciation

adjective | soo-SUR-us  

Definition

:
full of whispering sounds

Susurrous derives from the Latin noun susurrus, meaning "a hum" or "a whisper," and may be a distant relative of swarm (think of the collective hum of a beehive). Susurrus is itself an English noun with the meaning "a whispering or rustling sound" (Stephen King provides us with the example of "a violent susurrus of air"). Both the noun and the adjective (note that the two are spelled differently) are products of the 19th century, but they were preceded by the noun susurration, which in the 15th century originally meant "malicious whispering or rumor." Today susurrous is used to describe any kind of sound that resembles a whisper: a light breeze through a tree, perhaps, or the murmurs of intrigued theatergoers.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
7 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Those make my feet oddly uncomfortable. My sister however, loves them. 

There are running shoes like this too. Of course I tried them out.  🥴 No go... just weird. People like them tho. 

The running shoes are creepy, imo. :pinch:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good day, everyone

Good Morning, Bro.

I hope today is a great day for you.

Stay Warm.

I'm about to lay down and try to take a nap. Almost fell asleep on the couch.

There's a story on GA I've been reading. Ongoing and up to chapter four. Haven't had the time to read chapter 4 yet. Reason being each chapter has been 18,000 to 27,000 words. EACH chapter is that long. I don't think any of the stories I've done have even hit 27,000 words for the whole work!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Good morning... 

Hope today is a good one for all!! 

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

adjective | soo-SUR-us  

Definition

:

Susurrous derives from the Latin noun susurrus, meaning "a hum" or "a whisper," and may be a distant relative of swarm (think of the collective hum of a beehive). Susurrus is itself an English noun with the meaning "a whispering or rustling sound" (Stephen King provides us with the example of "a violent susurrus of air"). Both the noun and the adjective (note that the two are spelled differently) are products of the 19th century, but they were preceded by the noun susurration, which in the 15th century originally meant "malicious whispering or rumor." Today susurrous is used to describe any kind of sound that resembles a whisper: a light breeze through a tree, perhaps, or the murmurs of intrigued theatergoers.

Love when a word sounds like it’s meaning. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Good Morning, Bro.

I hope today is a great day for you.

Stay Warm.

I'm about to lay down and try to take a nap. Almost fell asleep on the couch.

There's a story on GA I've been reading. Ongoing and up to chapter four. Haven't had the time to read chapter 4 yet. Reason being each chapter has been 18,000 to 27,000 words. EACH chapter is that long. I don't think any of the stories I've done have even hit 27,000 words for the whole work!

What story is it 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

adjective | soo-SUR-us  

Definition

:

If I had ever heard this, I've forgotten.  Thanks for another interesting word. 

An interesting challenge might be to write one story using all of the words that you've presented on The Drop In Centre over, say, four months or so.

Edit:  As @Defiance19 pointed out, that's a lot of words.  Perhaps since the new chat thread was started.

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 3

It’s funny the way stuff creeps up on you.. The midday siren went off at the firehouse, and I missed Bella howling along with it.  For a few seconds I was overwhelmed with the sads. I miss my girl. 🐕 

5 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

If I had ever heard this, I've forgotten.  Thanks for another interesting word. 

An interesting challenge might be to write one story using all of the words that you've presented on The Drop In Centre over, say, four months or so.

All the words? 😲🥺

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

All the words? 😲🥺

Yeah, I guess that would be a few too many.  The math side of my brain was still asleep.  How about since the new chat thread was started.

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..