The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

37 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am feeling somewhat down today. just missing someone i care a lot about.  You all have a good day... i shall go get on with mine.

If wishes were horses
Beggars would ride:
If turnips were watches
I would wear one by my side.
And if if’s and an’s were pots and pans,
The tinker would never work!

the original proverb was recorded in Remaines of a Greater Worke, Concerning Britaine” published by William Camden (1551–1623)

I’d never heard or read the whole thing. Thank you, tim. Hope your day improves. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning all!

@Mikiesboy i love that quote today, didn't know it was Carl Jung, it's also a great word! missing someone is hard, sending love

@Thorn Wilde hope you're feeling better soon

Carl Jung? Not sure where that is coming from...the proverb is English from the 16th century.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Carl Jung? Not sure where that is coming from...the proverb is English from the 16th century.

the quote about we are not our past that you posted with the really good word is what i was talking about

the proverb is good too

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am feeling somewhat down today. just missing someone i care a lot about.  You all have a good day... i shall go get on with mine.

If wishes were horses
Beggars would ride:
If turnips were watches

the original proverb was recorded in Remaines of a Greater Worke, Concerning Britaine” published by William Camden (1551–1623)

:hug: Virtual Hugs, my Brother. I hope it gets better for you.

That proverb is great.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

No hugs, just my hand. Have a good day, tim. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the quote about we are not our past that you posted with the really good word is what i was talking about

the proverb is good too

That's for me being dense lol

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

:hug: Virtual Hugs, my Brother. I hope it gets better for you.

That proverb is great.

I'm fine...just letting stuff get to me ...have a good day

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

We all have days like that sometimes.

Indeed. Hugs to y'all before I go to bed :hug:

@Thorn Wilde Get well soon!! Drink lots of tea, it always helps me :)

Hope you all have a productive Thursday. Mine was definitely productive...and stressful. Dealing with human-demon hybrids with (sometimes) subpar intelligence called teenagers all day can be stressful. Sigh..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Indeed. Hugs to y'all before I go to bed :hug:

@Thorn Wilde Get well soon!! Drink lots of tea, it always helps me :)

Hope you all have a productive Thursday. Mine was definitely productive...and stressful. Dealing with human-demon hybrids with (sometimes) subpar intelligence called teenagers all day can be stressful. Sigh..

Lol! Are you a teacher or something? 

And thanks. :hug: I’ve been drinking lots of tea, keeping hydrated with lots of water, and trying to eat healthy foods. Hoping it’ll help.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

If wishes were horses
Beggars would ride:
If turnips were watches

No hug, just a gentle squeeze to your shoulder to show my support and then I’ll let you be. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

Good afternoon everyone. Another lovely weather day, but I’m going to make it a good day anyway and I hope it is for you all as well.

@Thorn Wilde I hope you feel better soon, and while this you cannot eat, may its subliminal massage help just the same...

Spoiler

ec30786839637855c2bf9a69aba7bd83.jpg

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Lol! Are you a teacher or something?

Yeah, accounting student/intern in the morning, private tuition teacher in the evening. I teach high school and pre-u maths, and let me tell you, almost everyday a student makes me wonder how did they finish primary school. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Yeah, accounting student/intern in the morning, private tuition teacher in the evening. I teach high school and pre-u maths, and let me tell you, almost everyday a student makes me wonder how did they finish primary school. 🤦‍♂️

Lol! Well, I'm sure with your help they'll improve. :) My mum teaches primary school.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, c081huang said:

almost everyday a student makes me wonder how did they finish primary school. 🤦‍♂️

I can explain that. The idea of personal accountability is no longer taught, any sort of punishment for poor behavior has been banned, and children need to be "helped" rather than taught at the primary school level.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's snowing. Again. I can't recall us having this much snow at once in years. I really don't want to go out in it (thankfully, I won't have to either; boyfriend's taking care of that stuff while I'm sick), but at least it looks pretty.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..