The Drop in Centre

We got some letters from the apt. management.  One addressing smoking in the building.  They have banned all smoking, vaping, of anything tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, marijuana etc.  Any one who allows smoking in their unit, balcony, halls, stairwells etc will have their  tenancy terminated. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We got some letters from the apt. management.  One addressing smoking in the building.  They have banned all smoking, vaping, of anything tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, marijuana etc.  Any one who allows smoking in their unit, balcony, halls, stairwells etc will have their  tenancy terminated. 

that happens here too, mostly they say it's about the fire danger those vape things can smell gross though

many cities have banned them and e-cigarettes in public places

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that happens here too, mostly they say it's about the fire danger those vape things can smell gross though

many cities have banned them and e-cigarettes in public places

We've had no smoking bylaws everywhere for years ... since they have legalized marijuana apartments have been freaking because it takes forever to get the stink out of the walls. They dont want people (like our downstairs neighbours) smoking in their buildings.  For which i am glad.  I used to smoke it, but haven't for years.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Movie didn't work out.. we'll have to try that again another night.

Watching an odd show called Killing Eve

I've seen ads for the show, any good?

52 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Look like our turn for winter - a somewhat late one.  Up to two feet of snow forecast over the next three days with more below-freezing temps beyond that.  Accompanied by the usual east winds.  The lack of snow pack in the mountains may disappear suddenly.  The snow shovel is standing outside the door.  I'm all stocked up for the duration, including the emergency propane heater and camp stove.  Silence will mean the usual lack of electricity.

Stay warm and safe, my friend. Though, a positive would be the stunning scenery of the snowcapped mountains. 

• Like 3

Michael said this building we live in used to be a no-smoking building .. but that slowly changed. But i guess they've had enough with people smoking that crap.  I'm glad, i cannot stand the smell of it. Don't know why i have to have it pouring in my living room window.

And people can say boo hoo all they want. i don't care ... sick of doing back flips for all these whiners/snowflakes.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael said this building we live in used to be a no-smoking building .. but that slowly changed. But i guess they've had enough with people smoking that crap.  I'm glad, i cannot stand the smell of it. Don't know why i have to have it pouring in my living room window.

And people can say boo hoo all they want. i don't care ... sick of doing back flips for all these whiners.

when their habits affect others health and safety, i believe management has a right to do that

it also costs them money in extra cleaning costs when they move out

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

And people can say boo hoo all they want. i don't care ... sick of doing back flips for all these whiners/snowflakes. 

The worse is when you're in a car with someone that's smoking it. You come out smelling like that shyte.

• Like 3
Just now, BHopper2 said:

The worse is when you're in a car with someone that's smoking it. You come out smelling like that shyte.

i cant stand the smell anymore ... it's like being up close to a skunk...makes me wanna vomit. I hate it.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Oh I always refuse to go in a car with someone smoking in it. I ban anyone smoking in mine whenever I drive, and if they start to smoke, I would pull over and ask them to get out. The smell is...ugh

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Stay warm and safe, my friend. Though, a positive would be the stunning scenery of the snowcapped mountains. 

Thanks.  The plus side of this, given a break in the snow, would be a snowshoe hike from my front door with camera in hand.  :)    That has happened before.  If so, I'll try to get something worth sharing.  I just went to the shed to get my propane heater, and it's snowing lightly.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Quirky and the music is... kinda annoying.  But it's okay.

Good to know. I forget the name, but I watched a movie the other day whose music was annoying af.

Oh, had some time to kill earlier. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend Ready Player One, for a good SciFi flick. It's also a good representation of the LitRPG genre of books. I've watched the movie like five times now. LOL. Also, I think I've said this before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Good to know. I forget the name, but I watched a movie the other day whose music was annoying af.

Oh, had some time to kill earlier. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend Ready Player One, for a good SciFi flick. It's also a good representation of the LitRPG genre of books. I've watched the movie like five times now. LOL. Also, I think I've said this before.

Well, you are in the right place to repeat yourself. Most of us have crap memories...LOL  ♥️

• Haha 2

i cant stand the smell anymore ... it's like being up close to a skunk...makes me wanna vomit. I hate it.

I will admit that the doc and I are talking about switching me to Medical MJ, but we have a good combination of meds right now. Though it's three pills.

3 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Oh I always refuse to go in a car with someone smoking in it. I ban anyone smoking in mine whenever I drive, and if they start to smoke, I would pull over and ask them to get out. The smell is...ugh

If it was my car, I would do the same. I've taken the keys away from a friend once that was so fraking high, he couldn't remember his name.

3 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Thanks.  The plus side of this, given a break in the snow, would be a snowshoe hike from my front door with camera in hand.  :)    That has happened before.  If so, I'll try to get something worth sharing.  I just went to the shed to get my propane heater, and it's snowing lightly.

Looking forward to them, if you can. Question, if I may and forgive the cold climate ignorance, could a gas generator work for you? Or even one of the solar collectors?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I will admit that the doc and I are talking about switching me to Medical MJ, but we have a good combination of meds right now. Though it's three pills.

nothing wrong with trying that if necessary at some point

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Looking forward to them, if you can. Question, if I may and forgive the cold climate ignorance, could a gas generator work for you? Or even one of the solar collectors?

A gas generator is an option.  It would be particularly useful for a longer-term event, like the predicted major earthquake for example.  However , I'm not quite there yet.  I have a gas fireplace that works without electricity, a propane heater and stove, and a couple of power packs to charge electronics and run my ham radio for a few days.  So far, that has been more than adequate, even during a serious multi-day freezing rain incident a couple years ago.

Even with the generally-overcast climate, there are folks in this area who generate enough electricity using solar collectors to make a profit by selling back to the supplier, but those systems don't operate independently, and only the real die-hard survivalists have completely stand-alone systems.  I haven't looked into temporary systems, but I doubt if they would be practical, especially during a storm.

• Like 1

Morning, DiC. Today is not a good day... Just wanna stay in bed and ignore the real world. Not really an option. My friend who lives in Dubai is coming over for lunch, so I’m sure that’ll be nice.

Hope you all have a better day than me. 

6 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Interesting you should mention that. Boyfriend and I watched it night before last. It was awesome! 

• Love 1

prescind Audio pronunciation

verb | prih-SIND  

Definition

:
to withdraw one's attention

:
to detach for purposes of thought

Prescind derives from the Latin verb praescindere, which means "to cut off in front." Praescindere, in turn, was formed by combining prae- ("before") and scindere ("to cut" or "to split"). So it should come as no surprise that when prescind was first used during the 17th century, it referred to "cutting off" one's attention from a subject. An earlier (now archaic) sense was even clearer about the etymological origins of the word, with the meaning "to cut short, off, or away" or "to sever." Other descendants of scindere include rescind ("to take back or make void") and the rare scissile ("capable of being cut").

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

prescind Audio pronunciation

verb | prih-SIND  

Definition

:
to withdraw one's attention

:
to detach for purposes of thought

Prescind derives from the Latin verb praescindere, which means "to cut off in front." Praescindere, in turn, was formed by combining prae- ("before") and scindere ("to cut" or "to split"). So it should come as no surprise that when prescind was first used during the 17th century, it referred to "cutting off" one's attention from a subject. An earlier (now archaic) sense was even clearer about the etymological origins of the word, with the meaning "to cut short, off, or away" or "to sever." Other descendants of scindere include rescind ("to take back or make void") and the rare scissile ("capable of being cut").

Good word. I’d heard it before, but didn’t know what it meant. Thanks, tim.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..