The Drop in Centre

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

First time in a couple of weeks there are no weather warnings. Maybe later as we are expecting more freezing rain overnight into Friday.  i am anxious today, but screw it. i will get through this day. i actually wrote a few words this morning. i said to AC yesterday, "it's not easy being nuts" and it isn't. Stupid things can set you off...make you chew on them and fret, when in the real world they mean nothing, or can be easily fixed. I'll talk with my shrink tomorrow. He came to the hospital the other night and said. "When i said i was bored with you, tim, it wasn't a challenge!"  He and my Husband are both funny guys. But then he said, "Friday. We'll start again. It'll be okay."  I need to face the facts i will likely never be 'normal' again. i will likely always need a pill on top of my HIV meds to live an easier life. I will likely always need to see my shrink as well. 

Michael said, that's not failing, it's just working inside the framework you have. It's better to take a damn pill, then what we've been through tonight boy.

It wasn't pretty. It was nearly violent from what He's told me. And He's a big, strong man and He had to wrestle me into the jeep. i guess i didn't go quietly.

Anyway... i'm going to go to work. i will have a good day even if it is shit because, it is a day...and i am here still.

Talked to my shrink about this Monday. My diagnosis is chronic. You don't just get over it. You can try to live as normal a life as you can manage, but even with the meds it's gonna be more of a challenge than it is for other people. Something we have to accept and try to live with, and make the best of it that we can. And for what it's worth, I'm really glad you're here, tim. Hang in there, and have a good day. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm on my phone, so much i want to say but don't have time or patience with these tiny keys

Sirs and everyone here are valued members of my world

"Everybody's got something (Robin Roberts) let's just be there/here to listen to each other

This. Love you all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2019 at 6:03 AM, Mikiesboy said:

cacophony Audio pronunciation

noun | ka-KAH-fuh-nee  

Definition  

:
harsh or discordant sound : dissonance; specifically : harshness in the sound of words or phrases

:
an incongruous or chaotic mixture : a striking combination

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

heartstring Audio pronunciation

noun | HAHRT-string  

Definition  

:
the deepest emotions or affections — usually used in plural

The lab is cacophonous today, and this conversation is pulling at my heartstrings.

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

First time in a couple of weeks there are no weather warnings. Maybe later as we are expecting more freezing rain overnight into Friday.  i am anxious today, but screw it. i will get through this day. i actually wrote a few words this morning. i said to AC yesterday, "it's not easy being nuts" and it isn't. Stupid things can set you off...make you chew on them and fret, when in the real world they mean nothing, or can be easily fixed. I'll talk with my shrink tomorrow. He came to the hospital the other night and said. "When i said i was bored with you, tim, it wasn't a challenge!"  He and my Husband are both funny guys. But then he said, "Friday. We'll start again. It'll be okay."  I need to face the facts i will likely never be 'normal' again. i will likely always need a pill on top of my HIV meds to live an easier life. I will likely always need to see my shrink as well. 

Michael said, that's not failing, it's just working inside the framework you have. It's better to take a damn pill, then what we've been through tonight boy.

It wasn't pretty. It was nearly violent from what He's told me. And He's a big, strong man and He had to wrestle me into the jeep. i guess i didn't go quietly.

Anyway... i'm going to go to work. i will have a good day even if it is shit because, it is a day...and i am here still.

tim, the sun is shining brightly and if I had my way, it would seep into your bones and never leave. 

Having said that, if you need to take a pill and see a shrink to help you sort things out, then so be it. That’s just the way it is. It doesn’t make you any less wonderful or strong than you already are. In fact, it makes you stronger because you’re brave enough to admit you don’t have all the answers. 

:heart: you lots, my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

So, having dug the truck out of two feet of snow yesterday and getting it to the street, I decided to go to Portland today for groceries, etc.  All was well going in, but on the way back I got into non-forecast blizzard conditions.  Went the last twenty miles at 30MPH in 4WD behind a truck.  Had to dig out even more to get back into the driveway.  This is effing nuts.

That sounds pretty bad. Glad you made it home safe. :hug: 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

So, having dug the truck out of two feet of snow yesterday and getting it to the street, I decided to go to Portland today for groceries, etc.  All was well going in, but on the way back I got into non-forecast blizzard conditions.  Went the last twenty miles at 30MPH in 4WD behind a truck.  Had to dig out even more to get back into the driveway.  This is effing nuts.

I’m sorry you’re undergoing a siege similar to ours, only worse. Hope you’re warm and safe now. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

I’m sorry you’re undergoing a siege similar to ours, only worse. Hope you’re warm and safe now. 

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That sounds pretty bad. Glad you made it home safe. :hug: 

Thanks.  I am indeed warm and safe, and much happier after a bowl of chicken soup accompanied by a glass of red wine :) :) :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

tim, the sun is shining brightly and if I had my way, it would seep into your bones and never leave. 

Having said that, if you need to take a pill and see a shrink to help you sort things out, then so be it. That’s just the way it is. It doesn’t make you any less wonderful or strong than you already are. In fact, it makes you stronger because you’re brave enough to admit you don’t have all the answers. 

:heart: you lots, my friend. 

love you too Reader.. much.   💖

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..