The Drop in Centre

good night Sirs and friends

i've put the pillows back on the couch, folded the throw blankets, and straightened the coffee table

sleep well, see you tomorrow

the light in the window has been lit for all who might wander by and need a place to stop

1421780121_lampinwindow.jpg.d26364498bf56167d9ae7fee99d16f4b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Morning, DiC! Just popping in before I head off for afternoon tea. Or, as I like to call it, breakfast. :P 

7 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm writing in response to a prompt.  I realllllllllly want to post the 2 chapters i have . But I can't since I'm not done. And I refuse to have another Josh and kells nevergonnabefinished story. 

7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah, i know you do ... but dont. honestly time is your stories best friend .. time will make it easier to edit... finish it .. then edit it.   it's something i learned the hard way. 

What tim said. When I've finished Storms, I'm never doing that again, ever. One thing is the possibility that I may abandon it, but then there is the fact that I'm retconing left, right, and centre now because the story is becoming full of inconsistencies. It's hard to keep up with 80k words of story prior to now, and when I reread sections I go, shit, I forgot about that! I've been going back to edit for new readers, but things still slip through the cracks. It's a nightmare, lol!

• Like 4

Good afternoon loves.. Been a hard week so far with a new second job and 12-hour days for the next few months. What a life..

Hope yall have a good weekend. My Saturday's been mostly just catching up with sleep. Need to find a way to function with 5 hours of sleep every day.. Any tips?

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
Just now, c081huang said:

Good afternoon loves.. Been a hard week so far with a new second job and 12-hour days for the next few months. What a life..

Hope yall have a good weekend. My Saturday's been mostly just catching up with sleep. Need to find a way to function with 5 hours of sleep every day.. Any tips?

When my brother had his first child he said to me … "Buy everything they sell in the drug store, and sleep?  You can live without it. " 

When I was a cop, we often did without a lot of sleep. It's not good, sleep when you can. Eat well, junk does not help. .. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Michael Sir!

hello friends!

Daughter had homework to do at the Farmers Market today

it was fecking cold!  yesterday we hit record highs of 87 F, today we were in winter coats, hats, and gloves and the temp was in the 30's before the wind chill!

but she got all the information she needed and is now making a powerpoint presentation

me? i'm on the couch, in my corner, under a blanket 

hope everyone is well today!

hello mollypop!!!  sounds nice other than being a bit cool... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

hello mollypop!!!  sounds nice other than being a bit cool... 

Hello Sir

it wasn't a bad trip to the market Michael Sir, the carrots looked good, got a couple of bunches of the rainbow ones

but was so cold! (well at least for us!)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm on the couch, in my corner, under a blanket 

Every time you say something along these lines I think of the Rodgers and Hammerstine version of Cinderella.

"In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be anything that I want to be..."

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

When my brother had his first child he said to me … "Buy everything they sell in the drug store, and sleep?  You can live without it. " 

When I was a cop, we often did without a lot of sleep. It's not good, sleep when you can. Eat well, junk does not help. .. 

Honestly, I kinda fear for those who do without a lot of sleep and need to be involved in dangerous situations as part of their job. Not sure which part of the police force you were in, though, but most parts need the officers to always be alert. I may need to hit up a police station or two and ask them for tips..

Been eating mostly healthy, I guess it helps. I used to dislike coffee, but by last Wednesday it has been a lifesaver. I could just skip my morning gym and get more sleep, but I don't feel energetic without any workout in the morning. This is confusing 😶

Man..can't wait till this project is over. The higher-ups are too greedy to reject this soul-sucking project. Us lowly staff are the ones suffering.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Honestly, I kinda fear for those who do without a lot of sleep and need to be involved in dangerous situations as part of their job. Not sure which part of the police force you were in, though, but most parts need the officers to always be alert. I may need to hit up a police station or two and ask them for tips..

Been eating mostly healthy, I guess it helps. I used to dislike coffee, but by last Wednesday it has been a lifesaver. I could just skip my morning gym and get more sleep, but I don't feel energetic without any workout in the morning. This is confusing 😶

Man..can't wait till this project is over. The higher-ups are too greedy to reject this soul-sucking project. Us lowly staff are the ones suffering.

He was in traffic for a while and then a detective with child protective services. Not a fun job but it required a lot of extra hours.

And they will tell you front line employees are so important.. and they cant do it without you... but they underpay you and a keep piling on the work and responsibility.. but no grade level changes and no extra money to compensate us lowly workers who are just so so important.  Bah.. go away and pull the other one.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Good afternoon everyone. It’s sunny outside, but my brain is in couch potato mode, and doesn’t want to go anywhere...

Oh well, I’ve given myself a mental kick, so I’m heading out. Have a great day you lot! :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good afternoon everyone. It’s sunny outside, but my brain is in couch potato mode, and doesn’t want to go anywhere...

Oh well, I’ve given myself a mental kick, so I’m heading out. Have a great day you lot! :) 

it does look nice .. but i'm hiding till there's no choice.. like tomorrow.. haha

• Like 3
1 hour ago, c081huang said:

That's how I sleep when I'm hypomanic... Difference is it's enough. Or, it feels like enough, it isn't enough at all... I have insomnia too, though, so sometimes I'm like that anyway, at least when I have to get up for something in the mornings... They tell me I should keep a steady sleep schedule, and sometimes I take melatonin. I'm terrible at the former, but the latter helps sometimes, lol! Bottom line is humans can't live like that. Most of us need 7 hours of sleep or we go nuts. Good news is it doesn't all have to be at once. So, fit in a nap or two. :) 

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Michael Sir!

hello friends!

Daughter had homework to do at the Farmers Market today

it was fecking cold!  yesterday we hit record highs of 87 F, today we were in winter coats, hats, and gloves and the temp was in the 30's before the wind chill!

but she got all the information she needed and is now making a powerpoint presentation

me? i'm on the couch, in my corner, under a blanket 

hope everyone is well today!

That's crazy weather right there, molly. Glad you're comfy and warm on the couch now. :) It's how I've spent my afternoon, too.

48 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

He was in traffic for a while and then a detective with child protective services. Not a fun job but it required a lot of extra hours.

And they will tell you front line employees are so important.. and they cant do it without you... but they underpay you and a keep piling on the work and responsibility.. but no grade level changes and no extra money to compensate us lowly workers who are just so so important.  Bah.. go away and pull the other one.

Such is life, or so they'd have you believe. We are living in a pretty fucked up system...

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

For sleeping when you can't get in 8 hours, ensure you're sleep is quality.  

Don't do anything in your bed but sleep (or sex). No tv.  No reading.  No phone. Train your body to respond to the bed with falling asleep. 

Be sure you're hydrated.  Being thirsty can interrupt lots of processes.  Including sleep. 

Eat as well as you can and continue to exercise. 

Naps can be refreshing if kept under an hour, more than that and you kind of mess up your sleeping cycle.   

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..