The Drop in Centre

17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i will be happy to share my mad thoughts with you and whoever else is crazy enough to want to read them.  Pulling my words from their blue whirlpool is rather like this...

image.png.731dca3c62337df72fd76a90332e50ea.png

Well, to quote a certain hatter, we’re all mad here. :P 

I love hearing people’s thoughts, on whatever it may be. That’s how we understand each other, I think.

When I write poetry, there’s often a phrase or just a word. I write it down, and the rest follows. If that makes any sense. Everyone’s process is different, and I love that. Same with writing stories.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's funny, poems i imagine are lines and words swirling in, like a blue whirlpool. They turn in there, growing and melding together until just the right time when i pick them out, dripping and wet and lay them down.  they take some time to dry so for awhile i can move them around or trim them to better fit ...  but there is something in there...

I love the imagery these words create in my mind. :thumbup:

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm alive, I'm here, but I'll be in and out on GA, cause I need to catch up on an already hard class for our final week.

Next week starts class #6 - English 200 - Rhetoric and Research. Five weeks for a term paper that is written as an

It’s good to hear from you, A. Sorry you had to go through all that. :hug: 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Hello everyone... I'm sorry if I made people worry.

A couple of hours after I posted this, I went to the ER with a severe asthma attack. Even though I had just used my nebulizer at home, they immediately gave me a double dose and an hour later another one. I had a BP of 120 for about 30 mins after the third treatment. They kept me for observation and found out I was dehydrated along with asthma. So an overnight in the Hospital turned into three days and this morning. Nebulizer pipe in my mouth, and an IV in my arm... Good times.

I'm alive, I'm here, but I'll be in and out on GA, cause I need to catch up on an already hard class for our final week.

Next week starts class #6 - English 200 - Rhetoric and Research. Five weeks for a term paper that is written as an informed argument.

Good to see you, A. Glad you're okay. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I did the thing. Handed in my doctor's note. I have now officially quit school. Kind of sad, but it was the right choice for me. Now I can focus on trying to function. Exhausted now, though. Felt kind of emotional...

:hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:
i have been good and made a ham, cheese, pasta, roast cauliflower, pea and mushroom casserole for dinner

i also made a batch of stuffed peppers with some brown rice and left over pasta sauce and mozzarella for another meal

i am now gonna have a nice warm shower.... 

Enjoy your shower! We had a cherry chicken thing with rice. It was tasty.

• Like 2
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Not too bad, thanks. Did the quit school thing, went shopping, had a tasty dinner, and now we're watching a silly movie, so all good. :) 

What's next on the horizon?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Learning how to function a little better’s a good start. Then gonna look for some work. Might be able to find a sound internship somewhere, that would be great.

Seems the internship would be a good fit for you. Taking care of yourself is a good place to start. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Seems the internship would be a good fit for you. Taking care of yourself is a good place to start. 

I think so. Gonna contact my caseworker at social services. He’s said he might be able to help me find something.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Marty said:

This afternoon I decided to take a stroll in the woods. It's always good for the soul to get out of the house and just commune with nature for a few hours. Here's one of the many photographs I took with my trusty Nikon D80 camera.

47106157871_02c9a780f8.jpg

That’s beautiful. Thank you! ❤️

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Marty said:

Here's one of the many photographs I took with my trusty Nikon D80 camera.

That is wonderful, Marty!!  i love it... thanks for posting it :)

• Like 5

long weekend here this weekend....  well for me it's a weekend interruptus  .. i'm off, Friday, Saturday, work sunday and then off Monday  LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..