The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Toronto has bylaws about noise .. you cannot disturb people.. ever.  So next time the police, the kids being up and possibly alone will be mentioned. We could not hear any adult voices up there last night. Michael tells me the cops take a dim view of things like that and are required to report the kids being up at such times to childrens aid.  If we do as well, they will step in. Maybe that will knock some sense into these assholes, Sir.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Who is determining that it's 'household' noise? And people shouldn't be vaccuumming at 3am, either.

The property manager.. who i'm sure is home in her bed at these times.

• Like 3
  • Angry 2

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Toronto has bylaws about noise .. you cannot disturb people.. ever.  So next time the police, the kids being up and possibly alone will be mentioned. We could not hear any adult voices up there last night. Michael tells me the cops take a dim view of things like that and are required to report the kids being up at such times to childrens aid.  If we do as well, they will step in. Maybe that will knock some sense into these assholes, Sir.

Unfortunately, it will likely take something extreme, like Children's Aid stepping in, perhaps the kids being temporarily removed, for the adults to get their shit together. But even then... it sounds like it's a pattern of their lifestyle.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Unfortunately, it will likely take something extreme, like Children's Aid stepping in, perhaps the kids being temporarily removed, for the adults to get their shit together. But even then... it sounds like it's a pattern of their lifestyle.

i have only met her.. not him.  She is the one that let her little tiny girl answer the door.. who then let me come in ... the mother was too lazy to get off the sofa, couldnt even see the door from where she was.  They had no idea who or what i was... insane.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i have only met her.. not him.  She is the one that let her little tiny girl answer the door.. who then let me come in ... the mother was too lazy to get off the sofa, couldnt even see the door from where she was.  They had no idea who or what i was... insane.

I remember that... Shitty parenting.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh they are all sleeping up there the pricks ... i just woke up at 8am.. and got up .. i hate sleeping in.  The noise from up there after i went to bed was unbelievable.  Screaming, crying, thumps and bangs on the floor enough to rattle the pictures on the walls... someone was banging on the door at 2:30am up there.  May have been the cops... it will be next time cuz we'll call them.

I’d say, ‘surely management can do something’ but I know how slowly the wheels turn in these situations. In condos, it takes a while before the lawyers get involved. There’s a tenant in my building who was supposed to get a letter this past January for using her balcony as a storage unit. Hopefully, she’s cleaned it up by now...

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Any way ... let talk about something else.. or i will need my stress pony!  LOL

Speaking of ponies, is the pink pony still hanging out in the tree? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Speaking of ponies, is the pink pony still hanging out in the tree? 

i don't know Reader ... i don't take the route to work anymore because of the construction on Eglinton. I go down Birchmount now.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

nearly spit out my coffee .... lol..   this is my stress pony...

image.png.77b4175bae17f9c41192b39c84a62dab.png

Wow, tim your stress pony is really beautiful. 

18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Wow, tim your stress pony is really beautiful. 

it actually does help me ... my doctor said to me once .. you have a lot of stress in your hands.... i'm either picking them apart .. or rubbing them together a lot .. so a couple of weeks ago Michael brought the horse out and said to use that instead... it helps.  it's only small about 2 inches across.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5

hello DiC Sirs and family

laundry is almost done, (well washed anyway, folding will come in a bit,) groceries picked up and put away, pantry re-organized, breakfasts prepped for the week, whew! time for a quick lunch break

looks like everyone's doing well today, that's good!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

If anyone is of the praying sort, we could use some. One of the boys ran into the sliding glass door, and it shattered on him. Plate glass. They've rushed him to the ER. But any prayers, positive thoughts, good mojo is welcomed.

Oh shit, that must have been a hard hit! I'll send good vibes your way.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Oh shit, that must have been a hard hit! I'll send good vibes your way.

Thanks, Mac. I didn't hear the hit, just the glass breaking and all the yelling from across the house. Doing clean-up right now.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..