The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

AC posted this in Live Poets ...

I just had an idea, and want to see if there's much interest in participating. The three-year anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub killings is coming up in June. It might me nice if we as a poet community on GA come up with a collection to post here together. I think this collection can be both a gathering of poems written at the time, and now as the three-year mark approaches. 

What do you think...? 

i will certainly write something for this ...

That's a lovely idea. I may, too, if I can think of something...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That's a lovely idea. I may, too, if I can think of something...

I wrote some back then and for the book they published Love is Love ... but i'll write something new, to add.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i will certainly write something for this ...

I would, but I can't. I knew two of the people that were killed.

I'll read what you guys do, but no, nothing from me.

It would turn in to something, not appropriate for what AC wants.

• Sad 5

Went shopping. No jeans today, but I did find two really nice shirts. It feels weird and kind of scary shopping in men's stores still... I wonder if it will ever not. The clerk was female and, somehow, that made it a little less scary. Not sure why. Maybe I felt less like an impostor than if it had been a man. Does that even make sense? Anyway, new shirts acquired, and though the sleeves are somewhat unnecessarily long, these had fairly narrow shoulders, which is good, so I'm not swimming in them. Yay! :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I would, but I can't. I knew two of the people that were killed.

I'll read what you guys do, but no, nothing from me.

It would turn in to something, not appropriate for what AC wants.

let's talk about it .. i have some ideas... we can do right by your friends.. together. 

• Love 5

48 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Number Two was supposed to have a competition but it was cancelled so i just kept the half day off 

Enjoy the unexpected free time, my girl. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..