The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Don't plan on too early Reader!

I think your definition of early (for a Saturday, that is) is different from mine, so no worries on that front, Mike.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all.

I know that @Dmrman would visit here. We just learned via his son Kyle that Bob was in a serious car accident and has been in a coma for the past 10 days. Thought y'all would want to know.

Very sad news, Dugh. Appreciate you stopping by to let us know. :hug: 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I think your definition of early (for a Saturday, that is) is different from mine, so no worries on that front, Mike.

i think He was hoping i'd sleep longer

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

• Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Chapter 11 of Changes, Again, has been read. Comment added. PMs sent off. Uncle home from taking my Mom stuff, and the grandkid that's staying here for spring break is up and fed. I will see everyone later, as I need to pretend I'm trying to keep myself fit, but in reality I'm burning off the cheesecake I had for breakfast. Don't judge me. Nothing beats a nice slice of cheesecake and a hot cup of coffee.

Then third read through of chapter 15, and I start the comments for tim.

Had a slice of cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory) yesterday, so I toally get what you’re saying, A. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Nothing beats a nice slice of cheesecake and a hot cup of coffee.

Sorry, but i happen to thimk a nice big piece of pumpkin pie with grahm cracker crumb crust (sugar free mind) beats cheesecake by a mile

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Sorry, but i happen to thimk a nice big piece of pumpkin pie with grahm cracker crumb crust (sugar free mind) beats cheesecake by a mile

i made MIchael pumpkin custard yesterday... no crust.. but i did make on with almond flour for thanksgiving.. so very few carbs

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i made MIchael pumpkin custard yesterday... no crust.. but i did make on with almond flour for thanksgiving.. so very few carbs

Havent tried almond flour yet. Is it one to one replacement or do i need to make adjustments?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Havent tried almond flour yet. Is it one to one replacement or do i need to make adjustments?

I use this recipe. Sometimes if you want a diff flavour i just add a little bit of ground pecans  .. i dont add the sweetner or garlic .. i just leave it plain for sweet or savory.

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/easy-low-carb-press-in-pie-crust/

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Had a slice of cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory) yesterday, so I toally get what you’re saying, A. 

I too had cheesecake yesterday, at that party, and I concur.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

I too had cheesecake yesterday, at that party, and I concur.

okay.. now i am really envious..LOL  

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

I'm not a huge cheescake fan.  

I mean. If it's there I'm probably going to have some. But I'm more of a chocolate cake person really.  

Or cinnamon rolls.  Mmmmmmmmm.  Too bad I'm much too lazy to bake this morning. Or maybe. Not so bad for my hips lol 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I mean. If it's there I'm probably going to have some. But I'm more of a chocolate cake person really.  

Or cinnamon rolls.  Mmmmmmmmm.  Too bad I'm much too lazy to bake this morning. Or maybe. Not so bad for my hips lol 

oh .. cinnamon rolls  ... i think i will look for some whole wheat Hot cross buns.. we love them ... but they need to be whole wheat.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Such a sweet-fest this morning between sweet and savory people.  I think fate is conspiring against me as I started rectifying my bad winter eating habits to my cleaner spring dietary clean up for my health just yesterday.   :P  ~ Ms. V

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Y0rite said:

Such a sweet-fest this morning between sweet and savory people.  I think fate is conspiring against me as I started rectifying my bad winter eating habits to my cleaner spring dietary clean up for my health just yesterday.   :P  ~ Ms. V

better choices is a good thing ... i make sugarless or low sugar stuff only and low carb ... cuz Michael is diabetic ...  but sometimes.. at work mostly.. if there's a birthday.. i enjoy the cake a lot.

and i want this: https://www.budgetbytes.com/balsamic-roasted-mushrooms-with-herby-kale-mashed-potatoes/

• Love 3

1 minute ago, Kitt said:

(said in my best Arnold Horschack voice)

OOO  OOOO OO OOOOOO!

Following the almond flour crust recipe it lead me to a zucchini pie recipe that might give me the right base to recreate gram's ham pie for 

christmas! 

excellent!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

There was chocolate cake at the party yesterday, too. :yes: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..