The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.8cae20456bd51f696a0b6d5d2ad0ef8c.png  Here's what i woke up to this morning ... yay... and winds.. lovely cold high winds! Just wonderful... ugh.

Oof, that sucks! Hope the weather improves, and soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.8cae20456bd51f696a0b6d5d2ad0ef8c.png  Here's what i woke up to this morning ... yay... and winds.. lovely cold high winds! Just wonderful... ugh.

Damn, that looks just like what I woke up to yesterday. However, by late afternoon, it was mostly melted. I hope that's the case for you. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

there are a few thing i would have changed

but it is funny and the pollening has started, the cars are all covered in a fine yellowish green dust

It's not as obvious here, but we've got pollening, too. Daily antihistamines for me.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not as much snow over my way (course, I got up a lot later than you... :whistle:), but I just saw it streaking through the air in a diagonal fashion, so I’ve got the wind part, too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator

There’s a really cute (and sweet) video on the Weather Network of a baby chimp being flown to a sanctuary in Africa. I wanted to post a link, but they don’t have that set up on that site. The same pilot can be found on YouTube - same title, but different chimp. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I just found out that there's a new Wolfenstein game coming out this summer, in which you get to play Blazkowicz's teenage daughters. So that made my day, and now I feel like I have to go play one of the previous games. I'm not normally a fan of super violent shooters, but... nazis. *shrug*

See you all later! Happy Sunday!

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

tim, let me read a preview of a new story he's writing. It's fantasy based, and he did a snippet of it as a Status Update the other day. Let me just say, if tim were to publish it, I would go sell a pint of blood to buy it. That was just part of one chapter he shared with me.

Edited by BHopper2
Damn missing words...
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

When you're sitting twiddling your thumbs, when you're supposed to be a sociable and productive student in a team, and no one else is talking in the group chat. Yeah, that's me.

New class started last Tuesday - Teamwork, Collaboration, and Conflict Resolution, and they segregate us into assigned learning teams. Had issues the first day, with the ADA accommodation I have, and how it works in a Learning Team course. But, I got that worked out. We're supposed to use a chat program as a team platform, and I've been sitting on it all day on it. No one is responding, so far. We agreed on Sunday being the day we would discuss things.

• Wow 1
  • Angry 4

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

When you're sitting twiddling your thumbs, when you're supposed to be a sociable and productive student in a team, and no one else is talking in the group chat. Yeah, that's me.

New class started last Tuesday - Teamwork, Collaboration, and Conflict Resolution, and they segregate us into assigned learning teams. Had issues the first day, with the ADA accommodation I have, and how it works in a Learning Team course. But, I got that worked out. We're supposed to use a chat program as a team platform, and I've been sitting on it all day on it. No one is responding, so far. We agreed on Sunday being the day we would discuss things.

It's very challenging to work in groups in online classrooms. Be sure your instructor is aware that no one is participating as planned. 

• Love 5

That is a definite. We had agreed in a discussion thread in the eClassroom that Sundays at 10:30 am EDT, we would discuss the weekly assignments. I'm like 2 mins from posting about being the only one in there, and including the transcript of me asking "Hello, anyone there?" every 10 - 15 mins.

The chat rooms are pre-setup for us, and we tested them earlier in the week, so I know I'm in the right spot. And the instructor requires the transcript for any chat discussions that happen for the class.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

31 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The weather is clearing, maybe there’ll be some sun, after all...

Reader! You didn't read the memo about no Gifs in the DIC please.?  Love to know who thought they are a remotely good idea.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Reader! You didn't read the memo about no Gifs in the DIC please.?  Love to know who thought they are a remotely good idea.

Oops, no sorry, I didn’t... :blushing: 

First and last time. I swear. 

Edit: Managed to delete it - it wouldn’t go at first which was weird. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..