Mikiesboy

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

My turn ... night all ... night A ..  hang in there... xoxo

Sleep Well, my Brother.

Sweet Dreams.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

This speaks to me tonight, and friggen spot on...

Brothers.jpeg

nope xo

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Though i've been okay, this is how life feels lately:

arduous Audio pronunciation

adjective | AHR-juh-wus  

Definition

:
hard to accomplish or achieve : difficult

:
marked by great labor or effort : strenuous

:
hard to climb : steep

"To forgive is the most arduous pitch human nature can arrive at." When Richard Steele published that line in The Guardian in 1713, he was using arduous in what was apparently a fairly new way for English writers in his day: to imply that something was steep or lofty as well as difficult or strenuous. Steele's use is one of the earliest documented in English for that meaning, but he didn't commit it to paper until almost 150 years after the first uses of the word in its "strenuous" sense. Although the "steep" sense is newer, it is still true to the word's origins; arduous derives from the Latin arduus, which means "high," "steep," or "difficult."

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Morning, DiC! :hug: Hope you all have a good day.

28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Though i've been okay, this is how life feels lately:

adjective | AHR-juh-wus  

Definition

:

:

:

"To forgive is the most arduous pitch human nature can arrive at." When Richard Steele published that line in The Guardian in 1713, he was using arduous in what was apparently a fairly new way for English writers in his day: to imply that something was steep or lofty as well as difficult or strenuous. Steele's use is one of the earliest documented in English for that meaning, but he didn't commit it to paper until almost 150 years after the first uses of the word in its "strenuous" sense. Although the "steep" sense is newer, it is still true to the word's origins; arduous derives from the Latin arduus, which means "high," "steep," or "difficult."

Know the feeling. It's a good word.

• Like 3

Howdy, DiC.
Woke with a sore throat, and angry sinuses.  It's gonna be a fun day, fueled by coffee, DayQuil, and stubbornness.
But, I did get to see a little lady duck and her fellow splashing out in the puddle near the parking lot of work.  That was nice.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy, DiC.
Woke with a sore throat, and angry sinuses.  It's gonna be a fun day, fueled by coffee, DayQuil, and stubbornness.
But, I did get to see a little lady duck and her fellow splashing out in the puddle near the parking lot of work.  That was nice.

Aww look after yourself! 

• Love 5

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

adjective | AHR-juh-wus  

Definition  

:

:

:

this has been my week, good word thanks for sharing

25 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy, DiC.

be kind to yourself if you aren't feeling well

and also, awww on the ducks

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

this has been my week, good word thanks for sharing

be kind to yourself if you aren't feeling well

and also, awww on the ducks

Thanks, molly.  It'll pass.  Looking forward to getting home and crawling under a fuzzy blanket on the couch.  Have a good day.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Aww look after yourself! 

Thanks, tim.  My coworkers are being nice to me, so that helps.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy, DiC.

:hug: Hope you feel better right quick, Wayne. That sighting sounds adorbs. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Thank you.
I have a 23.2-megapixel camera that uselessly is at home.  I live in an outdoorsman's paradise.  I really should know better than to leave it there, even during mundane trips.  I saw elk yesterday, ducks today, cranes most days.  I'm failing on the whole documenting memories front.

I still have the pic somewhere in my collection of accumulated stuff from my teen years. I opened the front door of my house and what a sight I encountered. On the far side of the road was a family of Canada Geese. One parent at the front with the other bringing up the rear. In between them were three or four baby geese (can’t recall how many) They were just walking down the road - heading to the lake from wherever their nest had been was our guess. This was somewhat confirmed by the mail carrier who had seen this family in transit as well. They only had a couple blocks left to go, but I have always wondered how they knew when to turn the corner and head in the correct direction. Internal GPS, perhaps? :unsure: 

Im going to my parents this weekend, if I can find the pic, I’ll try and post a copy of it, here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..