The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

I heard the other day, someone saying that these "Online Schools" are not real schools. I will say now, none of my classes have been fluff courses. Yeah, there's been a couple I questioned why we had to take them, and it turns out it's required by Arizona, but not one has been automatic A's. Essay questions for tests, lots of reading assignments, group projects, some videos (32 in one week!), and the research papers are just as tough as what I had in College 1.0.

Everything about college, without being on a campus, and dealing with campus life.

If your course is accredited then the opinion of those who matter is on your side.  I had to do a few distance learning courses myself, and they're not a cakewalk.

Lumping all "online schools" together is like saying all cars are the same quality.  It's nonsensical.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The joy of Spring -- it's an "Active Weather Day"; been at least 5 tornado warnings so far and that was before noon.  Things are ramping back up for round two.  Going to be a long long night. News station I'm watching just lost power is had to change to back-up power.

• Wow 5

3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

The joy of Spring -- it's an "Active Weather Day"; been at least 5 tornado warnings so far and that was before noon.  Things are ramping back up for round two.  Going to be a long long night. News station I'm watching just lost power is had to change to back-up power.

Stay safe!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

I want to get an above-ground storm shelter in my garage, but need to shift some structure about 1st (not to mention find $$).

When Hurricane Michael hit the panhandle of Florida and trashed everything, there was one beach side house that withstood the winds and rain. Turned out the owners took the local codes, and doubled the required stuff. ex. the stilts were only supposed to be wood, and 15ft deep, they went with concrete and 20ft deep. Better roofing, etc. That's what I would do on any storm shelter, or house, I built. Make it strong enough to withstand a direct nuclear missile attack.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Batten down the hatches! Stay safe!

• Love 3

At the moment looks like the worst of it will go to the south of us.  We should (knock on wood) only get heavy rain, lots of lightning and light hail. Some areas in the state have already had over 4" since this morning.

You definitely want to go with a reputable dealing when looking for storm shelters. The best ones will withstand an EF5 if installed correctly.

• Like 3

Morning... I am so hungover. Drank way too much whisky. We cracked open a bottle of Glen Garioch last night. So tasty. Worth it, I think. Hope you all have a great day!

• Like 5

No food...maybe tea...have a good day all. In spite of the crap [still, again] weather!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2" of rain yesterday but we missed the severe stuff yesterday; unfortunately, 1 of the 10 tornadoes in the state yesterday caused a death & there was a death due to flooding.

Storms later this afternoon for here should just be high wind with the possibility of hail.

And then another chance of severe weather tomorrow.

How I love spring.  :(

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Snow turned into rain here, but it's not a big deal. I hope the weather improves where you are, Fae. Ten tornadoes is ten too many.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..