The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

What the actual fuck?? It's snowing. Snowing! Jeez...

For context, a few days ago it was 20°C. T-shirt weather.

i just totally understand that ...LOL   f'g weather ..lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thank You Sir i'm hoping for the best

you will do fine, molly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Parker Owens said:

Good morning, everyone. Misty mysterious kind of rain this morning. Spooked a heron down by the creek on my walk...

Foggy, rainy and miserable.. seemly our new normal here.  Our poor niece arrives from England tomorrow ... i hope it cheers up by then.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Good morning, everyone. Misty mysterious kind of rain this morning. Spooked a heron down by the creek on my walk...

Sounds like a lovely morning. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Sounds like a lovely morning. 

hello Fae, i hope you are okay ... we get herons here in the city...just over the road is a protected wild pond, they land there..  But Parker's creek doesn't have to be fenced in.  :( 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Morning everyone. I hope all is well.

Ugh... More Rain today, 92% humidity, and High 80's today.
Whelp, I'll be carrying my asthma meds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

It's hard when you reach the age you have to start caring for your parents, instead of them caring for you. :hug:

thank you Fae i'm a bit anxious about it actually

• Love 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Is it just me, or is nearly everyone having crap weather today?

i think so.. we are just moving from cold craptaculor weather to wet and slightly warmer craptaculor weather.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Is it just me, or is nearly everyone having crap weather today?

Spring in Oklahoma near the peak of storm season -- its a crap weather couple of weeks. Several storms last week and several more possible this week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Spring in Oklahoma near the peak of storm season -- its a crap weather couple of weeks. Several storms last week and several more possible this week.

same in Central Texas

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, in our bathroom we had a towel rail that is seriously welded to the wall. It is porcelain or something and they do not move. The rail itself was plastic. Well its been in there like 30 years and the plastic perished finally and it broke. Gluing it didnt work. Michael decided that we'd go off to the lumber place (Lowes) and get a piece of dowel to put in there. Armed with measurements we went last night.  We found a piece of square cut poplar the right size but much too long - 48in rather than the 24in we needed.  As apartment dwellers we don't need a saw, so Michael asked if they'd cut it. 

"Oh no we can't do that."   But you cut wood.  "Oh yes, but we cant cut that."  Ooookay.

Now we had to think about how the heck we could cut that. We do have tools, just no saw. I was sure we had some hacksaw blades. We decided we'd give that a try. We paid for our wood and went home.

Michael, using little tiny hacksaw blades did cut through the thing which was only 3/4in  square. But now our shorter piece was less flexible than it was in the store and Michael, strong as he is could not get it into the cemented on porcelain holders. We thought about what we could do about this now.

I said, what if cut off another 1/4in? Then we could put that into the porcelain devil holder.. stick some glue on the end of the longer piece and put it in.

That's what we did...and we now have a towel rail again

image.png.6c0279033d836751a56f25dd945d1dfc.png

thanks! i needed that giggle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Sirs and friends, it's been good being here tonight. i have some hard adulting to do this weekend, and must pack for a trip to see my family. Dad's in the hospital and Mom's Alzheimer's is progressing rapidly, i'll be staying with her for the weekend.  i'll check in as i can when i'm there.
good night, sleep well

We are here for moral support if you need us molls.

3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Well, at least there's none of that... It's also meant to stop soon, but it's just... weird.

Then again, I took these two like a day apart in late April two years ago, so I shouldn't be surprised anymore...

7443-E945-D5-A9-4-E56-8449-C92-CC1-E3842

Which came first, snow or grass?

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, in our bathroom we had a towel rail that is seriously welded to the wall. It is porcelain or something and they do not move. The rail itself was plastic. Well its been in there like 30 years and the plastic perished finally and it broke. Gluing it didnt work. Michael decided that we'd go off to the lumber place (Lowes) and get a piece of dowel to put in there. Armed with measurements we went last night.  We found a piece of square cut poplar the right size but much too long - 48in rather than the 24in we needed.  As apartment dwellers we don't need a saw, so Michael asked if they'd cut it. 

"Oh no we can't do that."   But you cut wood.  "Oh yes, but we cant cut that."  Ooookay.

Now we had to think about how the heck we could cut that. We do have tools, just no saw. I was sure we had some hacksaw blades. We decided we'd give that a try. We paid for our wood and went home.

Michael, using little tiny hacksaw blades did cut through the thing which was only 3/4in  square. But now our shorter piece was less flexible than it was in the store and Michael, strong as he is could not get it into the cemented on porcelain holders. We thought about what we could do about this now.

I said, what if cut off another 1/4in? Then we could put that into the porcelain devil holder.. stick some glue on the end of the longer piece and put it in.

That's what we did...and we now have a towel rail again

image.png.6c0279033d836751a56f25dd945d1dfc.png

I applaud your effort and ingenuity, but why are you dealing with it instead of the management company?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

@Mikiesboy What's that writing above the towel rack? Also, great job getting back together.

Back from the lawyer's appointment. It went...

Looks like a Van Gogh print. 

Your appointment just 'went', huh? Hmm. 

• Like 5

Ugh. I have to go help set up my choir's flea market. Then I have to come home at like 10 pm and bake two cakes for the bake sale at the flea market. Then I have to be there again at 9 am tomorrow and 10 am on Sunday. I really, really hate the flea market, lol! Maximum anxiety. So I'll probably, maybe see you all tomorrow, or maybe after the weekend, I dunno.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Your appointment just 'went', huh? Hmm. 

I'll PM ya Mac. Nothing I want out in public.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..