The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Up early, but joints are not happy.  We missed the tornadoes and the golf-ball sized hail missed this side of town.  Will have rain all day today but should be nothing else. Just under a flood watch at the moment. Not heard how much rain we got overnight. High tomorrow will be about 20 degrees F cooler

Hope all of you have great days.

I saw a story on CBS Sunday Morning this past weekend about Tulsa's incentive program that pays people to move there. I considered it for a fraction of a moment... then thought: tornadoes. Nope. 

I'm glad you weren't in the path of them last night, Fae.

• Like 4

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

just a quick in & out to say hello 👋

Hello, molly. Are you awake now?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy 

Don’t know if you’ve been to Aquarium already (I’ve been once in 2014), so if you haven’t make sure you do this, because it’s really cool. 

Take a heart-pounding journey through Dangerous Lagoon.The Aquarium’s most exhilarating exhibit is an experience you will never forget. Step onboard the moving walkway to be transported through the underwater glass tunnel home to the aquarium’s most fearsome-looking animals, including Sand Tiger Sharks, Sandbar Sharks, Roughtail Stingrays, and Green Sawfish. You can’t help but oooo and aaaah as the majestic creatures glide above mere feet from the top of your head.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, molly. Are you awake now?

yes Sir i am, but if i'm honest, i'd really rather be at home, instead of wading thru 230+ email & severe thunderstorm warnings are up for the area

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy 

Don’t know if you’ve been to Aquarium already (I’ve been once in 2014), so if you haven’t make sure you do this, because it’s really cool. 

no we've not been ... Peter has.  so I am looking forward to it.  We are buying City Passes because we are going to all those places.    That sounds good!  i also really want to see the Great Lakes exhibit.

Been rounding up all our  gift cards that have been laying around the place... Have $75 for dinner and $100 for the cinema..   :D  wheeee  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Pain Rx, nap, cooked lunch, and going in to work for a short time -- and they'll probably ask me why I'm there and tell me I shouldn't have come in but there are deadlines for a few things that have to get done.  😞  At least my my pain level is down to about a 3 (almost my baseline), instead of  the upper 5 / lower 6 it was when I woke up this morning.

Sorry to hear about your pain. I hope things get better for you.

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

no we've not been ... Peter has.  so I am looking forward to it.  We are buying City Passes because we are going to all those places.    That sounds good!  i also really want to see the Great Lakes exhibit.

Been rounding up all our  gift cards that have been laying around the place... Have $75 for dinner and $100 for the cinema..   :D  wheeee  

We really enjoyed (brother, SiL, the kids and I) the Aquarium, so I’m betting you will too. Forewarning, the gift shop was at the end of our tour through the place - great place to get a trinket (key chains and magnets galore).  The Great Lakes exhibit is very interesting and the penguins are really cute, too. 

Edit: You’ve also reminded me, I have a movie pass somewhere on my desk. Hope it hasn’t expired. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Pain Rx, nap, cooked lunch, and going in to work for a short time -- and they'll probably ask me why I'm there and tell me I shouldn't have come in but there are deadlines for a few things that have to get done.  😞  At least my my pain level is down to about a 3 (almost my baseline), instead of  the upper 5 / lower 6 it was when I woke up this morning.

I'm sorry you're in pain, but glad you're feeling better. Hope it continues to improve. ❤️ 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

So the winning vote is to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms and criminalize homelessness. Our priorities are bass akwards. I'm really starting to hate this city. 

(Except for the Avalanche)

Criminalise homelessness? WTF???

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

So the winning vote is to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms and criminalize homelessness. Our priorities are bass akwards. I'm really starting to hate this city. 

We have room in Eureka.

And you can probably find a television somewhere in this rural wilderness.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Wow ... that is sooo sad.....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I'm really starting to hate this city. 

You are welcome here in Jersey, but there really is not much to recommend the place.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

51 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

(Unless they lose tonight)

Think Positive. 9:00 pm EDT the Avs will be on my TV.

30 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Criminalise homelessness? WTF???

If the news I just heard is correct, @MacGreg correct me on this if I'm wrong, it was a defeat of a bill that allowed homeless tent camps anywhere in the city.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Think Positive. 9:00 pm EDT the Avs will be on my TV.

If the news I just heard is correct, @MacGreg correct me on this if I'm wrong, it was a defeat of a bill that allowed homeless tent camps anywhere in the city.

Looks like it's upholding a ban on camping in public spaces.  

Which, is just another way to criminalize homelessness.

https://kdvr.com/2019/05/07/denver-election-initiative-300-projected-to-fail-would-have-ended-camping-ban/

So... the good folks who have a place to sleep at night don't have to see their parks with a reminder that homelessness exists.  How nice for them.

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2

That's.... horrible....

I'll stop there, before Reader takes a 2x4 to my head for getting political.

HOWEVER, I forget where, but a city out west has been building tiny house compounds, around 10 tiny homes on a lot, as transitional housing for homeless. That might be a model to adopt in other areas.

EDIT: edited my edit

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

questions should be why is it happening.. and what to do

Totally agree, my Brother. And just throwing money at the problem without a path, is not the answer.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That's.... horrible....

I'll stop there, before Reader takes a 2x4 to my head for getting political.

HOWEVER, I forget where, but a city out west has been building tiny house compounds, around 10 tiny homes on a lot, as transitional housing for homeless. That might be a model to adopt in other areas.

EDIT: edited my edit

homelessness is NOT a crime

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..