The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

This morning was the 3rd day on my antibiotic.  Had a bout of severe dizziness and nausea about an hour or so after taking it. Honestly think I passed out  for a moment - had went to adjust the thermostat, realized I'd better sit down (slid down the wall), then realized I was laying on my back.  Have a Dr apt this afternoon.  Dizziness / nausea have mostly passed, but passing out and aspirating on my 🤢 is not how I would like to leave this cycle of life.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC! Shrink appointment in a bit. Hypothetically choir practice this evening. Not sure what to do about the latter. Have a great day, everyone!

Love the new name, @Brayon! It suits you. And cool that you're branching out and getting more exposure. I've been doing the same. :) 

Hi Thorn, hope your appointment went well

8 hours ago, dughlas said:

Just stopped by to say g'day and blessed be y'all.

Feel better soon Thorn.

Hi Dugh! 👋 Hope you, Mum & Thistle are well

2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

This morning was the 3rd day on my antibiotic.  Had a bout of severe dizziness and nausea about an hour or so after taking it. Honestly think I passed out  for a moment - had went to adjust the thermostat, realized I'd better sit down (slid down the wall), then realized I was laying on my back.  Have a Dr apt this afternoon.  Dizziness / nausea have mostly passed, but passing out and aspirating on my 🤢 is not how I would like to leave this cycle of life.

that's rrally scary do you have someone who can give you a ride Fae?

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

that's rrally scary do you have someone who can give you a ride Fae?

Dizzyness / nausea has passed so I should be fine driving myself. Going to take a short nap before my apt.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Dizzyness / nausea has passed so I should be fine driving myself. Going to take a short nap before my apt.

Passing out is definitely not good. Take care on the road. 

• Like 3

Started posting my Tampa Chronicles series over on Nifty. Only two chapters out of the thirteen posted here are posted over there. With Nifty, if you don't already know, there is no way to do reader/author interaction on the site. They have to send you an email, to the address listed on your submitted chapters. I've gotten eight emails from readers. Two of which live here in Tampa, and didn't know about GA, and one GA member.

• Like 4

sitting in the waiting room on eye doctor Wednesday's will always make me nervous. fingers crossed that the length of this appointment (He checked in over an hour ago) does not signal renewed swelling or bleeding.

Edited by mollyhousemouse
dang tiny buttons
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, Dugh! Thanks. ❤️ Are you doing okay?

I'm okay, just the usual for me. Migraine most days but on the Aimovig the severity is better so less pain meds which is a huge plus. About half as many days when I take meds and sleep most of the next 24 hours. Doc says I can expect some continuing improvement over the next six months.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Started posting my Tampa Chronicles series over on Nifty. Only two chapters out of the thirteen posted here are posted over there. With Nifty, if you don't already know, there is no way to do reader/author interaction on the site. They have to send you an email, to the address listed on your submitted chapters. I've gotten eight emails from readers. Two of which live here in Tampa, and didn't know about GA, and one GA member.

Nifty is where I found out about your new identity.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sitting in the waiting room on eye doctor Wednesday's will always make me nervous. fingers crossed that the length of this appointment (He checked in over an hour ago) do not signal renewed swelling or bleeding.

Fingers crossed and a prayer miss molly.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

"Orthostatic Hypotension" -- the antibiotic is causing my blood pressure to drop (even though that shouldn't be a thing it does). Dropped enough this morning that I passed out when I stood up; he said the nausea was related to that. Dr. gave me some Prednisone, which will help with the coughing and increase my blood pressure. Knew it had been staying real low even though I started taking Symbicort and my inhalor, both of which should have made it go up a bit.

• Wow 5

• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

"Orthostatic Hypotension" -- the antibiotic is causing my blood pressure to drop (even though that shouldn't be a thing it does). Dropped enough this morning that I passed out when I stood up; he said the nausea was related to that. Dr. gave me some Prednisone, which will help with the coughing and increase my blood pressure. Knew it had been staying real low even though I started taking Symbicort and my inhalor, both of which should have made it go up a bit.

Wow, glad you’re okay, Fae. :hug: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I'm familiar with that condition. If I try to do too much physical activity that will happen and trigger a migraine.

Hope that the steps your taking help. Just be aware when you get up from lying down or when standing, do it slowly and don't move too quickly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Nifty is where I found out about your new identity.

Are you one of people that has emailed me?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Are you one of people that has emailed me?

No. I saw the notice for the Tampa Chronicles with a different author attached. At first I thought someone might have stolen your story so I came back to GA to verify the story was yours and saw your updated author name. BTW, I enjoyed that story and have been reading the others posted here.

• Like 3

Another day passed watching Lucifer. On season 3 now. Also played some The Last of Us earlier. Still can't get used to the PS4 controller... I'm way too used to keyboard and mouse gaming. How the hell do I aim with this thing? I'm wasting ammo, lol!

3 hours ago, Brayon said:

I've been wanting to post to Nifty, but I read their submission instructions and I honestly couldn't make heads or tails out of how it actually works. :/ 

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Oof, sounds like you've had a really rough day, Fae. Hope the Prednisone will help. Take care of yourself! ❤️ 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, dughlas said:

No. I saw the notice for the Tampa Chronicles with a different author attached. At first I thought someone might have stolen your story so I came back to GA to verify the story was yours and saw your updated author name. BTW, I enjoyed that story and have been reading the others posted here.

Thanks for looking out me. I appreciate it. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the stories.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sitting in the waiting room on eye doctor Wednesday's will always make me nervous. fingers crossed that the length of this appointment (He checked in over an hour ago) does not signal renewed swelling or bleeding.

molly, I hope everything went all right and Phil is fine. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

molly, I hope everything went all right and Phil is fine. 

thank You Sir

the swelling is back in the left eye, & is in a spot they can't use the laser for, so it's back to the injections

• Sad 3

45 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thank You Sir

the swelling is back in the left eye, & is in a spot they can't use the laser for, so it's back to the injections

I am sorry, molls. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Phil's tired, so we're going to call it a night

goodnight Sirs and friends, sleep well

see you tomorrow

Good molly - and Phil - happy dreams to you both 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..