The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

On 5/25/2019 at 7:48 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

it'll be a quiet for us today as well, i do hope the joint pain eases for you Fae

Another night, another round of severe weather.  Deadly tornado through El Reno and a weaker one through OKC itself near Frontier City; real bad because it hit late night, around 11pm. Two deaths in El Reno. Massive amounts of rain with lots of street flooding yesterday evening too. 😢

Edit:  two deaths in El Reno, haven't heard where but most likely the trailer park that was hit. Quite amazing that there were no deaths in the hotel that had it's second floor shredded

Edited by Fae Briona
Damage update
  • Sad 5

42 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Another night, another round of severe weather.  Deadly tornado through El Reno and a weaker one through OKC itself near Frontier City; real bad because it hit late night, around 11pm. Two deaths in El Reno. Massive amounts of rain with lots of street flooding yesterday evening too. 😢

Edit:  two deaths in El Reno, haven't heard where but most likely the trailer park that was hit. Quite amazing that there were no deaths in the hotel that had it's second floor shredded

So sorry, Fae. Sounds awful. Please stay safe! ❤️ 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

It was a fun drive … terrible fog along parts of the 401

Her plane was delayed again for 30 minutes not because of fog. She flew Air Transat and based on what she's said, that will be the last airline I choose.  Constant delays, not due to weather. 

I couldn’t see the 401 due to the fog, so I can just imagine it was quite the drive being right in it. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning, Sirs and friends
should be a quiet day here, did all the errands yesterday and Daughter will be cooking dinner (it's actually her practical homework assignment!)

Morning, molly. you and Phil get the benefit of your daughter's homework assignment, which is cool (so long as it's edible, which I'm sure it is).

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Morning, molly. you and Phil get the benefit of your daughter's homework assignment, which is cool (so long as it's edible, which I'm sure it is).

morning, Sir
so far, everything she's had to do has been good, tonight it'll be roast chicken, tomorrow it's palmier, or elephant ears, cookies

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning, Sir
so far, everything she's had to do has been good, tonight it'll be roast chicken, tomorrow it's palmier, or elephant ears, cookies

Those look tasty. I'm glad I clicked on the link, though, because elephant ear cookies didn't sound particularly appetizing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Went to the garden center to get some plants, and it was packed with people. I should have known better than to go there when the weather turned nice. We all had the same idea.

Edited by MacGreg
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

My internet's down. A tech can't come out until Wednesday to fix it. Not feeling the love for CenturyLink right now. 

THAT is crap.  Are they going to credit your internet bill?  Because they should.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Went to the garden center to get some plants, and it was packed with people. I should have known better than to go there when the weather turned nice. We all had the same idea.

Same here - went to get a couple of simple things but only got one of them; just too many people for me to deal with.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

Going to put a second coat of paint on the hallway doors - which is silly given how much I hurt yesterday [and Friday evening], but I'm going to do it anyway.

Be kind to yourself, Fae.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

THAT is crap.  Are they going to credit your internet bill?  Because they should.

9 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Too right they should. 

Indeed they will. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Be kind to yourself, Fae.

Blasting Eurasure on random - have 21.2 hrs of them, that should be enough.  :)

It's a needed mental break.  Need to absorb things and get ready for tomorrow -- if I'm able to go.

• Like 5

Just now, Brayon said:

*waves as he passes through*

Answering PMs and emails only for the week...

My Freshman academic year ends on June 3. My Sophomore academic year starts June 4.

... your Summer break seems... shorter than most?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Brayon said:

My Freshman academic year ends on June 3. My Sophomore academic year starts June 4.

What?!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

... your Summer break seems... shorter than most?

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

What?!

It's a straight through continuous program. Only breaks are for the winter holidays, and spring break. I don't mind, cuts down on time.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

47 minutes ago, Brayon said:

38 minutes ago, Brayon said:

It's a straight through continuous program. Only breaks are for the winter holidays, and spring break. I don't mind, cuts down on time.

it's much the same for Daughter, her third semester is about to start it's second week
keep moving forward, we're here if you need us :hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Well, hats off to you, my friend. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So, I know you guys are all NHL and probably don’t care much about the world championships, but Finland just won the gold 3-1 against Canada and I’m pretty proud of my birth country right now. :D 🇫🇮:Steve2:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/finland-defeats-canada-for-gold-at-hockey-world-championship/2019/05/26/39741ef8-7ff8-11e9-b585-e36b16a531aa_story.html

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello @MacGreg Sir  sorry about the internet issues.  did You get some plants at the garden center despite the crowds?

good to see You too @MichaelS36 Sir

I did get a few but won't be planting them right away. We're under a tornado watch at the moment. 

• Wow 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..