The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

51 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

The last couple of days are a reminder of why I usually go camping when I take days off during the week - somewhere I get no reception.  So far I've spent about four hours on the phone/emailing people who apparently can't think for themselves 
need my expertise more than they care about my mental health
... are the real reason I have job security.

That's as nice as I can do it.

Wayne sorry to hear that.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

The last couple of days are a reminder of why I usually go camping when I take days off during the week - somewhere I get no reception.  So far I've spent about four hours on the phone/emailing people who apparently can't think for themselves 
need my expertise more than they care about my mental health
... are the real reason I have job security.

That's as nice as I can do it.

I didn't know you work with some of the same idiots  people I do!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Just woke up getting ready for work and how are you Thorn?

I'm all right. A little bit agitated, I had a negative interaction online first thing in the morning, lol! But I'll feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm all right. A little bit agitated, I had a negative interaction online first thing in the morning, lol! But I'll feel better soon.

Thorn we are friends here. 

• Like 3

Just now, rickproehl said:

Thorn we are friends here. 

We are. And not at all referring to here. I was just in a conversation where someone asked for advice, I gave it, was ignored, only for someone else to give the exact same piece of advice and be thanked for it. It's not the first time I've felt disrespected by this person. I shouldn't let it get to me, but it is what it is.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1

23 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

We are. And not at all referring to here. I was just in a conversation where someone asked for advice, I gave it, was ignored, only for someone else to give the exact same piece of advice and be thanked for it. It's not the first time I've felt disrespected by this person. I shouldn't let it get to me, but it is what it is.

Sorry to hear that but In here we can get some great advice. At the same time we care about each other. That is what is so great about the DiC chat where can guys and gals form strong friendships with people all over the world. So take care and be proud you took the time to expression your thoughts. I like talking to you. So how is the story going? I really enjoy it.  So stay strong. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sorry to hear that but In here we can get some great advice. At the same time we care about each other. That is what is so great about the DiC chat where can guys and gals form strong friendships with people all over the world. So take care and be proud you took the time to expression your thoughts. I like talking to you. So how is the story going? I really enjoy it.  So stay strong. 

It's going well. Chapter 39 is with my editor. Hopefully I'll get to post it in the next couple of days or so, and I'm already working on the next one, too. Feels good to be writing it again. I actually think maybe my meds were to blame again. Maybe the higher dose made it harder to be creative again. So I should thank the side effects that made me lower it, really, lol

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

Good almost afternoon, peeps. 

It is hot as hay.. walked around the neighborhood with mother, and I don’t  think I’m leaving the coolness of the house ever again. 😩 Well, at least for a few hours.. I’ll try to get some reading done! 

have a good one, all. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Needed to go to my happy place today...

Did you know that The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross is on Amazon Prime? Seasons 10 - 31. I think I'm going to binge watch some.

Well watch him paint some happy little clouds for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Wahoo! Day 4 of Peanut goes to Preschool was a resounding success.  No more screaming and yelling, just a little whimper when the little girl goes one way into class and Peanut turns the other for his "classroom", also known as my trailer.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Well watch him paint some happy little clouds for me.

Happy little clouds, happy little trees, and an old barn. Just watched one that had his son on as a guest painter.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..