The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

35 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Michael- tim has nothing to be punished for if anyone it should be me. tim is innocent in this and I take FULL  BLAME

rick, tim will not be punished, nor will you. There are lessons to be learned. As discussed in our PM, family first. Later we will discuss more. Now, please look after your brother and do not worry. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Just before I went on my walk, I discovered my shoes have large round holes in the bottom where a cushioning plug - I assume that’s what they were for - used to be, darn good thing I have another pair. And, I didn’t melt even though it is quite warm outside, so that’s a plus. 

Have a good night everyone. :) 

Somehow, these little  calamities always find you.. lol. You have a good night too.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Someone strangle me please.

This class, Introduction to Sociology, has been the hardest yet. Mainly, because I'm struggling to understand this material. UGH!!! I discussed this class with my Therapist at my visit Wednesday, and I will quote her, "Sociology sucks, and most theories are out of date or just plain wrong. Psychology is better and easier to understand."

Venting done for now... now to disappear while I try to get this crap taken care of.

Too bad you don't have the prof I had way back when (he was dad to Dave Thomas of Bob and Doug McKenzie fame) because he was hilarious and the class was a blast as a result. 

As for strangling you, A? No can do, because I like you too much. Just remember, one step at a time and don’t think of what comes next until it’s time to deal with it. :hug: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

I have big plans for my weekend.

The husband has to work over the weekend, so I am left to my own, nefarious devices.  The cider-fueled mess that is Silverwolf is on my agenda.  I will reread it all, then do some plotting, outlining, and then I'm gonna see if I can bust out a chapter in two days.  2,000 word average days?  Easy!  🤪

I hope the rest of you have greatness planned.

Wayne alone .... hmmmm. 

• Haha 5

• Site Moderator

I have to say, one thing I hate about summer is that it brings out the idiots who like to race their “muscle cars” (and yes, the quotes are deliberate) down the street and/or highway. Nothing like destroying the peace of a summer night. :angry:

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I have to say, one thing I hate about summer is that it brings out the idiots who like to race their “muscle cars” (and yes, the quotes are deliberate) down the street and/or highway. Nothing like destroying the peace of a summer night. :angry:

Where can we move to Reader?  I've nearly had enough of living here myself. 

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

Where can we move to Reader?  I've nearly had enough of living here myself. 

Unfortunately, there’s a downside to most places that are well hidden - or not - until you get there. Up north is lovely as long as you’re not there in bug season for example. 

As for moving from Toronto, I realized recently after thinking about it on an off that my surgeon is here, so moving away from Toronto would be a bit of a pain when the need for more surgeries arises. 

Ah well, Toronto does have its good points like being transit friendly - I come from a car friendly city - so there is that. Plus, you can walk to a lot of places. I guess, I’m here to stay. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends I’m sorry I had to be away this evening but I had a medical emergency. My brother thought he had a heart attack. Went to Emergency Room and things are better we are waiting till am so the Heart Doctor can put in 2  stents one is blocked at 78% and the other is blocked at 80%. He is resting fine they gave him some meds to relax. I just wish they gave me some so I can rest. So I’m waiting till am. 

So everyone have a good night

rick

I’ll be thinking good thoughts for your brother. :hug: to you both. 

• Like 5

i have to say, i have never heard this one before:

bildungsroman Audio pronunciation

noun | BIL-doonks-roh-mahn

Definition

:
a novel about the moral and psychological growth of the main character

Bildungsroman is the combination of two German words: Bildung, meaning "education," and Roman, meaning "novel." Fittingly, a bildungsroman is a novel that deals with the formative years of the main character, and in particular, with the character's psychological development and moral education. The bildungsroman usually ends on a positive note, with the hero's foolish mistakes and painful disappointments over, and a life of usefulness ahead. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's late 18th-century work Wilhelm Meisters Lehrjahre (Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship) is often cited as the classic example of a bildungsroman. Though the term is primarily applied to novels, in recent years some English speakers have begun to apply it to films that deal with a youthful character's coming-of-age.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..