The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

no we just eat it as it is

Exactly. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of putting anything - even whipped cream - on watermelon. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Exactly. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of putting anything - even whipped cream - on watermelon. 

Nope ... i've had it with feta cheese cuz we were served it at a dinner and it was okay. But i like it straight up. Just bought a nice one today.  We shared a quarter of it for for dessert.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Reader1810 said:

you can get all sorts of fruit with chili powder at the Mexican markets, it's street food in Mexico
mango and jicama are my favorites to eat that way with lime and chili powder

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Nope ... i've had it with feta cheese cuz we were served it at a dinner and it was okay. But i like it straight up. Just bought a nice one today.  We shared a quarter of it for for dessert.

Oi vey, it’s after 11, and I want watermelon... :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I forgot to mention this earlier. With the completion of my Introduction to Sociology class, I am now sitting at 30/120 credit hours towards graduation. So far, 2 B's and the rest are all A's for a GPA of 3.8.

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I forgot to mention this earlier. With the completion of my Introduction to Sociology class, I am now sitting at 30/120 credit hours towards graduation. So far, 2 B's and the rest are all A's for a GPA of 3.8.

well done A! very well done!

• Love 2

Sirs and friends 

my thanks to everyone I wanted to share this quote with everyone:

For all you do, for who you are, I will be forever grateful you are in my life.

I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I used to be.

Habeeb Akande 

im off for the rest of the day large catering job with brother in law 250-500 people. 

So have a great Saturday and enjoy your day.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Long long week is finally over. Went to bed early last night but woke up around 1am when there were storms near enough to make the joints ache. Only a small # of people still in processing but they're most likely going to keep working on them through Sunday instead of the normal 5pm Friday deadline so I'll try to not worry about them until I go in on Monday morning.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Salt. Just a little sprinkle. I think it's a US southern thing.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

you can get all sorts of fruit with chili powder at the Mexican markets, it's street food in Mexico
mango and jicama are my favorites to eat that way with lime and chili powder

Ginger goes great with mangos. There's a local ice creamery in Miami Beah that makes a great Mango-Ginger gelato. And if you're cooking with green ones, cumin. Popular in Central America but I prefer them ripe.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Salt. Just a little sprinkle. I think it's a US southern thing.

I only put salt on corn niblets, so I’m not even going to try that I don’t think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

It makes it taste sweeter. 

Yup! This Jersey girl salts watermelon. Also cut it small and freeze for a sweet frozen treat on hot days.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

It makes it taste sweeter. 

I can’t figure how salt would make it taste sweeter, but I’ll take your word for it. Who knows, I may try it after all...maybe. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Ginger goes great with mangos. There's a local ice creamery in Miami Beah that makes a great Mango-Ginger gelato. And if you're cooking with green ones, cumin. Popular in Central America but I prefer them ripe.

not a fan of ginger, but i'm game to try it once. never cooked with mango, only to make a mango salsa for chicken

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..