The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sorry it was stressful rick

hope that helps!

Phil has the car over at the mechanics, i noticed the brakes were making noise, so i'm enjoying some quiet time

molly had a couple of glasses of wine a good talk with Steve so the ending of the day is good.  Sorry to hear about the car they are so nice but at times so expensive. So how was your day? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, rickproehl said:

molly had a couple of glasses of wine a good talk with Steve so the ending of the day is good.  Sorry to hear about the car they are so nice but at times so expensive. So how was your day? 

glad you had a good end to the day
Phil bought me a new bourbon, i'll have some tomorrow since i don't have to take Number One to work
the car is in good hands, our mechanic actually rebuilt the engine and dropped in a new transmission, so it's in top shape but i don't think we did the brakes, lol! since his business is a mobile mechanic, he's got no real overhead so he doesn't charge a whole lot for work
my day was OK, i have a confused customer i have to deal with tomorrow and another one who thinks i'm the best thing since sliced bread!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:
my day was OK, i have a confused customer i have to deal with tomorrow and another one who thinks i'm the best thing since sliced bread!

we have a few older ladies that will only talk to her special “tech” each one us have about 3 older customers that really trust us. Which makes us feel very good. They are always dropping off baked goods - veggies from there garden and most Of us get at least 5 holiday cards from them. Most of the ladies are lonely and need a friend to talk to. So we will go the extra steps for them. Those few good customers make your job fun. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Glad your day ended on a positive note @rickproehl - always nice when that happens.

I'm not in service, but try to approach things on the customer side in a similar way you treat the older customers. There are stores I frequent often and I treat the staff professionally but friendly.  I've had friends surprised at the service I've received at some of those places, simple because I'm [gasp] treating the workers like actual people.

Most amusing was a few years ago when the manager of a fast food place I went to most days for lunch (before the high blood pressure when I started to have to cut back on such things) gave me a birthday card.  💚

• Like 1
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Glad your day ended on a positive note @rickproehl - always nice when that happens.

I'm not in service, but try to approach things on the customer side in a similar way you treat the older customers. There are stores I frequent often and I treat the staff professionally but friendly.  I've had friends surprised at the service I've received at some of those places, simple because I'm [gasp] treating the workers like actual people.

Most amusing was a few years ago when the manager of a fast food place I went to most days for lunch (before the high blood pressure when I started to have to cut back on such things) gave me a birthday card.  💚

Fae yes the call to Steve and the wine made the day ending special. When dealing with any salespeople or waiters I treat them like I want to be treated. I know what it is like to on the receiving end of nasty customers. So a old saying you get more with honey then you do with vinegar.
So Fae you feeling better? 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

@rickproehlThere are stores I frequent often and I treat the staff professionally but friendly.

7 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

When dealing with any salespeople or waiters I treat them like I want to be treated. 

I am the same way. It alwqys amuses me when a gas station attendent or fast food server is shocked that i am pleasant and polite to them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

So Fae you feeling better? 

Took two pain pills with breakfast then slept all morning -- just woke up a few min ago. Feeling better but that will only last as long as I keep weight off my hips (like laying down on sofa or in bed). Ordered pizza for lunch; will check work emails, read the newest chapter of Camp Refuge, then lay back down on the couch and before the joints start hurting too much again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ok .... i'm about to whine, feel free to roll your eyes and scroll on by.

i'm cold, i've turned on the little space heater under my desk cause my hands & feet hurt that much. the great gloves Phil got me for Christmas laxt year are good but i can't put my toes in them. i have a headache, caffiene & Tylenol/acetaminophen just isn't cuttin' it today. and customer, i'm not your PA please work to keep your blanket POs straight do you can stop asking me every week what tbe remaining balance is; also "tentatively scheduled" means just that. it wasn't confirmed. i'm sorry you already made plans. we didn't have your signed contract or a PO.

.......  sigh...... 

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Sad 2

On 10/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Reader1810 said:

Just noticed, the thumb’s up emoji has been changed to a check mark. Weird...

On 10/21/2019 at 8:40 AM, Brayon said:

The thumbs up is still there. The checkmark is new, and means, "I read it." 

On 10/21/2019 at 8:46 AM, Reader1810 said:

Oh :*)

Missed that.

Reveal hidden contents

obviously. :P 

I think your "Weird" comment is still the definitive reaction.  Apparently the thumbs up wasn't bland enough.  I can think of a variety of responses that would have been more useful :( 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/20/2019 at 6:19 PM, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy I tried Voltaren for my shoulder pain - which I got from lifting heavy boxes, so I’d say I strained my muscles - but a dose of the cream 1q12h wasn’t helping, so I got this today. 

https://www.icyhot.ca/patches-creams-roll-on-and-spray/extra-strength-cream/

Unlike Voltaren, which is long acting, you can use icyhot 1q6h for short acting pain relief. After using it twice, I saw a huge improvement in my pain. Just did a third dose leading up to bedtime. Fingers crossed, I can finally get a good night’s sleep. 

Try:  🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷 :D   (just kidding, I hope you get some relief)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
9 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Try:  🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷 :D   (just kidding, I hope you get some relief)

Unfortunately, that would be no. Will try for an appt with my gp for tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Sorry I haven't been around. tim's been having a rough go of it. I'm sure he will be back soon.

Thanks for letting us know. Hugs to you and tim.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Apparently the thumbs up wasn't bland enough.  I can think of a variety of responses that would have been more useful :( 

I stand by my description of it [the checkmark] as a tepid, milquetoast, non-committal response. No idea why it was added or what usefulness it has.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

I stand by my description of it [the checkmark] as a tepid, milquetoast, non-committal response. No idea why it was added or what usefulness it has.

to me its a nasty  thing.. like.. yeah i read your crap .. it's not worth a damn.

It was asked for by several authors.  to learn more read here: 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..