The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

6 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

That looks yummy! 

They aren't too bad. They are not brownies, but we expect that and they are better than nothing. I am hoping the flavours will develop overnight. I'll let you know. :)  But it was nice to have a treat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

He gave me a card and i made us a brownie.

As it should be.

The simple things from the heart mean more than anything money can buy.

36 minutes ago, Kitt said:

He agot me my favorite (forbidden) candy and I took him to lunch.

No depleted savings, no pomp. Just love.

Nothing wrong with a good lunch and good company.

both sound like a wonderful day.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I remember when i was a kid, Valentine's Day was some little cards and making something for your mom.  Not spending your savings to keep her happy or your partner happy, as an adult. Now, it sounds like a day where you better had, where you better prove with all your savings, how much you love them.

Today's the first day I haven't been on a bus for 3+ hours just to get to an appointment, with another 3+ to get home. Been reading some posts on Reddit about Men who "messed up" Valentine's day, or their girlfriend/wife didn't get them anything but expected gifts because "Valentine's is ONLY FOR THE GIRL." Unbelievable. So many Red Flags.

But I got some Reese Peanut-butter Hearts that were 50% off this morning. So, that's a positive.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Today's the first day I haven't been on a bus for 3+ hours just to get to an appointment, with another 3+ to get home. Been reading some posts on Reddit about Men who "messed up" Valentine's day, or their girlfriend/wife didn't get them anything but expected gifts because "Valentine's is ONLY FOR THE GIRL." Unbelievable. So many Red Flags.

But I got some Reese Peanut-butter Hearts that were 50% off this morning. So, that's a positive.

Yeah ... luckily on the radio, there were women saying ... i'm happy with go out and share a pizza, or do something together.. not all people are like that

• Like 2

My house smells sweet, buttery and rich.. made baked oatmeal this morning ... Needed to use up the cream from yesterday's ganache.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

25 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Today's the first day I haven't been on a bus for 3+ hours just to get to an appointment, with another 3+ to get home.

so glad you're not having to do the bus trekking today

mmmmm peanut butter cups......

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

My house smells sweet, buttery and rich.. made baked oatmeal this morning ... Needed to use up the cream from yesterday's ganache.

mmmmm......sounds wonderful my light breakfast was several hours ago & i'm hungry i may offer to buy Phil lunch when He gets here to pick me up

• Like 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Baked oatmeal? Sounds interesting.

8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mmmmm peanut butter cups......

They're the heart shaped ones too. LOL. Went looking for the sugar-free stuff they usually have for after Valentine's for mom. Those were to first thing to go last night at 1:00 am when they all went on sale. Or so the associate said when I asked if they had any.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Good Morning / Afternoon 

The recipes both look amazing and i need to try both of them.

How has your day been? i went out just to browse for a newer car and found one that peak my interest. They made me a heck of a deal so i now have a 2016 Ford Escape SUV. So my day has been fun. 

So other than cooking what kind of things are you all doing? 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's from here ... it is just wonderful. I did not have apricots so threw in what was on hand.. sliced almond, pumpkin seeds, dry cranberries and raisins.. had no ginger so just put in the cinnamon. We use brown sugar splenda, but i did put in 1/4c of maple syrup rather than honey.  The texture was soft and chewy. We both love baked bread pudding, but cannot eat it, this is a perfect substitute. We both loved it.

Baked oatmeal.

Awesome. Thank you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well .. we have been moved to our new home ... Surprise ... no idea they were doing it today.. but here we are.

i don't usually like surprises, but i'm OK with this one!  love the new banner 

i clicked join, and follow.....i'll read the info from the forms page

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..