The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s the Neilson brand that I bought. Perhaps, Sealtest and Natrel haven’t gone down that route yet? 

I'll check on Friday.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Oh, this made me smile. Nothing like a little hint, eh Mike?  :) 

That's like a polar bear hinting that it'd like to have a seal over for dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC  friends 

My wish is that you all had a fun and productive day and got everything done. I had a really good day and I was finally able to get some small projects done. The best part of the day was a parent i work with at the High School called to tell me “thank you” and i said “for what” he told me that he was calling to let me know how much he appreciate all of my hard work. he was glad i was a volunteer at the school. i told him it was nothing i was glad to help. So my day ended on a good note.

so how was your day?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

My wish is that you all had a fun and productive day and got everything done. I had a really good day and I was finally able to get some small projects done. The best part of the day was a parent i work with at the High School called to tell me “thank you” and i said “for what” he told me that he was calling to let me know how much he appreciate all of my hard work. he was glad i was a volunteer at the school. i told him it was nothing i was glad to help. So my day ended on a good note.

so how was your day?

It’s always nice to be appreciated. 

• Like 4

Just finished up making this oatmeal everyone is talking about. It’s in the oven we had some dehydrated banana chips and walnuts so it smells good i will let you know. 

here is a recipe we used 3 ingredients 

1 box cake mix white / yellow 

1 can of pie filing - any brand any flavor 

1 can of diet soda pop clear sprite / 7 up 

Dump all 3 together and bake till done.

It creates a clobber / cake 

We have tried chocolate / cherry pie and that is good

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

so how was your day?

so glad to hear that today was better for you, rick!
mine was ok, our CEO made his monthly visit, AND it was birthday cake day :2thumbs:
i am really tired tonight though, so i pulled out my back up meal so i didn't have to cook, and now i'm sitting with a blackberry mead and my online jigsaw puzzles

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so glad to hear that today was better for you, rick!
mine was ok, our CEO made his monthly visit, AND it was birthday cake day :2thumbs:
i am really tired tonight though, so i pulled out my back up meal so i didn't have to cook, and now i'm sitting with a blackberry mead and my online jigsaw puzzles

Blackberry mead sounds pretty good. Glad the CEO visit went well

SP is working late again tonight -- deadlines to meet and the person who should be helping has been "sick" for two weeks.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Blackberry mead sounds pretty good. Glad the CEO visit went well

it's very tasty! it's a draft mead, so lightly fizzy i don't usually get an adult beverage on weeknight so it's a nice treat

38 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

SP is working late again tonight -- deadlines to meet and the person who should be helping has been "sick" for two weeks.

oh that's a shame, about the other person being "sick"

i'll say goodnight now, dozing off on the couch
good night, rest well all

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

The 500 ml and 250 ml cartons (whole milk and cream) have been reduced to 437 ml and 237 ml, respectively. I didn’t check, but I’m thinking those size reductions are across all milk/cream types. Even the 1L carton was looking a little short in stature... 

That's happening down here in FL too. Haven't see it with milk/cream cartons but other things. Like in some stores, like Dollar Tree, 20oz Cokes are now 16oz sized at the same price. Breyers Ice Cream downsized from Half-Gallon to 56oz to now 48oz, with the price going up in some places, and it's no longer allowed to be called "Ice Cream." By law it has to say it is a "Frozen Dairy Dessert" because it no longer meets Government Standards to be called Ice Cream.

• Like 2

excuse me please Good  Sirs, DiC friends 

the  oatmeal was Delicious. I can see why everyone loves it. 

i have a few things to do before i can go to sleep.  i hope everyone has a good evening

Good Night 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Brayon said:

it's no longer allowed to be called "Ice Cream." By law it has to say it is a "Frozen Dairy Dessert" because it no longer meets Government Standards to be called Ice Cream.

:huh: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

The 500 ml and 250 ml cartons (whole milk and cream) have been reduced to 437 ml and 237 ml, respectively. I didn’t check, but I’m thinking those size reductions are across all milk/cream types. Even the 1L carton was looking a little short in stature... 

Was that "437" by any chance "473?  That would be twice the 237, and interestingly enough corresponds directly to the half-pint/16 oz container of half-and-half in my refrigerator.  And I bet your "1L" carton now corresponds directly to my U.S. quart, which shows as 946 ml.  Congratulations on taking a giant step backwards.  So much for the metric system.

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 2

• Site Moderator
9 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Was that "437" by any chance "473?  That would be twice the 237, and interestingly enough corresponds directly to the half-pint/16 oz container of half-and-half in my refrigerator.  And I bet your "1L" carton now corresponds directly to my U.S. quart, which shows as 946 ml.  Congratulations on taking a giant step backwards.  So much for the metric system.

Oopsy, it is indeed 473 and not 437 :rolleyes:

Good catch, BB!

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Backwoods Boy said:

29 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Oopsy, it is indeed 473 and not 437 :rolleyes:

Slowly, the plan to make Canada the 51st state in the United States of America is coming to fruition! Muhahahahahahaha

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

Good Morning Good Sirs and DiC friends

wishing everyone a Good Day

We in DiC are all friends so i need to share this. Things in my life have been a struggle. i stopped caring and taking care of myself. It was easier to just stay in the background and stay hidden. I was building a wall around my life it felt safe. i was hurting i felt like i had lost everyone and everything i cared about but didn’t want to tell anyone. Finally it got to me and i had to do something. So with the help of my Doctor and a change in my meds and a long talk with Steve things are looking up. So the wall is gone and i have started to take care of myself. The hurt is slowly going but things are looking up. i felt being alone was my answer to my problems. Yes i know i could have reached out to anyone of you but i felt ashamed. It was  easier to stay in the background.  i just wanted to be honest with my DiC Sirs and friends. So taking it’s one step at a time. So i want to say Thanks you have no idea what everyone of your friendship means to me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

dont be ashamed ... sometimes being quiet is good and you recognized when it no longer was ... that's good.  just because you're quiet for a little while doesn't mean we aren't your friends ... have you stopped being mine when i am that way?  we are people, not circus animals performing tricks  ... i am not coping well now myself ... i'm doing what i need to... part of that is being quiet ... doing things that are right for me.  so dont be ashamed ... we are here when you're ready.  

tim thanks the hardest part of this for me was admitting i needed the help. It was also the best thing for me. my new Doctor has me looking and working on my triggers. We are working thru past issues with new insights. Finally closing them now working on the new ones. She is helping me and the group sessions are helping as well. Yes i know that you are still my friend and i value that friendship. one of my biggest stress points is when something good happens friends / good luck / love i look for the negatives and not the positive reaction this is the current project. So we have switch a few things - medication and talking thru this. So yes i’m a work in progress. The darker days are slowly fading.

tim thanks for this chat room and everyone that hangs out here

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..